What's new

Greatest Mughal Emperor???

It's sickening that people in this thread judge an emperor by his religious activities and not by his accomplishments. :tdown:

If he is a good mullah and persecutor of non-Muslims, he is best Mughal emperor! :hitwall:

we compare on standards, benchmarks etc
let it be F22 vs J-10 ,leopard vs cheetah, MAC vs PC
we have certain standards to compare

standards for muslim rulers have been laid out 1400 years ago.
It was fully demostrated during Umar (RA) caliphate, area was much much larger than india and population was more diverse both culturally and religiously.

if someone follows those standards, he will be a good muslim ruler.

akbar abandoned the very first law, ISLAM hence his ranked is the lowest among all mughal rulers.

what other benchmarks do you have ?
even if you take into account area ruled over Aurangzeb beats Akbar.

we compare on standards, benchmarks etc
let it be F22 vs J-10 ,leopard vs cheetah, MAC vs PC
we have certain standards to compare

standards for muslim rulers have been laid out 1400 years ago.
It was fully demostrated during Umar (RA) caliphate, area was much much larger than india and population was more diverse both culturally and religiously.

if someone follows those standards, he will be a good muslim ruler.

akbar abandoned the very first law, ISLAM hence his ranked is the lowest among all mughal rulers.

what other benchmarks do you have ?
even if you take into account area ruled over Aurangzeb beats Akbar.

Junaid, Aurangzeb may have been a good administrator and good follower of Islam, but the Mughal emperors were not Muslim rulers, rather rulers who happened to be Muslim. If Islam was what they wanted to spread, they would not have waged a war against the Lodi dynasty.

Separating religion from the state is the first step to being a good ruler. Even if that is not the case, persecution of other faiths is not the hallmark of a great ruler. By your own example, there were minorities who were free to practice their religion in the caliphate. That is what the standard should be, and Akbar followed that. People will have no problem if religion is spread through peaceful and soulful means. Where Islam has spread peacefully through trade, like parts of the southern coastline of India, and some Islands of Indonesia, the societies are more progressive and tolerant.

Akbar the great

Akbar3.jpg

not comparing aurangzeb with akbar, discussing akbar since most of the people posted his name here.

Religious tolerance can be achieved without abandoning your own faith.

There are many other proven ways of achieving it and it has been demonstrated in many time by muslims themselves (in spain, in Jerusalem etc)

Akbar's move to introduce a new religion damaged islam so much that aurangzeb tried to revive islam and abolish un-islamic traditions amongst mughals. The way he opted to achieve his goal is debatable and was partially affective.

i think babur was the greatest among all mughals

I like Bahadur Shah Zafar as he was the last mughal king and gave an opportunity to india come out of Islamic occupation of the nation.

Last edited:
mughals were defeated by yusufzai pathan tribes in pakistan in the vallyes of swat,swabi and mardan.

not comparing aurangzeb with akbar, discussing akbar since most of the people posted his name here.

Religious tolerance can be achieved without abandoning your own faith.

There are many other proven ways of achieving it and it has been demonstrated in many time by muslims themselves (in spain, in Jerusalem etc)

Akbar's move to introduce a new religion damaged islam so much that aurangzeb tried to revive islam and abolish un-islamic traditions amongst mughals. The way he opted to achieve his goal is debatable and was partially affective.

i think babur was the greatest among all mughals

I think a lot of guys are confused. The thread is not about the greatest Islamic ruler, just the greatest Mughal. Religious tolerance is an important factor since the bulk of their subjects were non Muslims. Akbar showed the most tolerance of all the Mughal rulers. How a king was perceived by the minorities in his kingdom reflects on his greatness or lack thereof. Akbar is also regarded highly for the quality of his court and his patronage of the arts.

BTW, in India there is no contest. There are only two Kings in the entire history of India whose names are appended with the phrase "the Great". Akbar is one and Asoka who lived nearly 1700 years before him, the other. In a country that is 85% non-muslim, the fact that a Muslim ruler gets such high praise should be proof enough of his greatness.

I think a lot of guys are confused. The thread is not about the greatest Islamic ruler, just the greatest Mughal. Religious tolerance is an important factor since the bulk of their subjects were non Muslims. Akbar showed the most tolerance of all the Mughal rulers. How a king was perceived by the minorities in his kingdom reflects on his greatness or lack thereof. Akbar is also regarded highly for the quality of his court and his patronage of the arts.

BTW, in India there is no contest. There are only two Kings in the entire history of India whose names are appended with the phrase "the Great". Akbar is one and Asoka who lived nearly 1700 years before him, the other. In a country that is 85% non-muslim, the fact that a Muslim ruler gets such high praise should be proof enough of his greatness.

the 1000 year reign of muslims in india was based on religious intolerance??

Zahir ud-din Muhammad Babur,
I think the best one.

(Zāhir ud-Dīn Muḥammad (ﻇﻬﻴﺮ ﺍﻟﺪﻳﻦ محمد, also known by his royal titles as al-ṣultānu 'l-ʿazam wa 'l-ḫāqān al-mukkarram pādshāh-e ghāzī), is more commonly known by his nickname, Bābur (بابر).

According to Stephen Frederic Dale, the name Babur is derived from the Persian word babr, meaning "tiger", a word that repeatedly appears in Firdawsī's Shāhnāma[4][5] and had also been borrowed by the Turkic languages of Central Asia.[6][7] This thesis is supported by the Royal Asiatic Society of Great Britain and Ireland, explaining that the Turko-Mongol name Timur underwent a similar evolution, from the Sanskrit word cimara ("iron") via a modified version *čimr to the final Turkicized version timür, with -ür replacing -r due to the Turkish vowel harmony)

The family tree of Babur

240px-Mosque_at_Baghi_Babur_in_Kabul.jpg

The Bagh-e Babur in Kabul where Babur is buried

Last edited:
if it is about mughal emporers i vote akbar and it is islamic emporer then i would definate chose a moulvie way Aurengzab the great

Zahir ud-din Muhammad Babur,
I think the best one.

(Zāhir ud-Dīn Muḥammad (ﻇﻬﻴﺮ ﺍﻟﺪﻳﻦ محمد, also known by his royal titles as al-ṣultānu 'l-ʿazam wa 'l-ḫāqān al-mukkarram pādshāh-e ghāzī), is more commonly known by his nickname, Bābur (بابر).

According to Stephen Frederic Dale, the name Babur is derived from the Persian word babr, meaning "tiger", a word that repeatedly appears in Firdawsī's Shāhnāma[4][5] and had also been borrowed by the Turkic languages of Central Asia.[6][7] This thesis is supported by the Royal Asiatic Society of Great Britain and Ireland, explaining that the Turko-Mongol name Timur underwent a similar evolution, from the Sanskrit word cimara ("iron") via a modified version *čimr to the final Turkicized version timür, with -ür replacing -r due to the Turkish vowel harmony)

The family tree of Babur

240px-Mosque_at_Baghi_Babur_in_Kabul.jpg

The Bagh-e Babur in Kabul where Babur is buried

i dont think Timur is related to Changis Khan.

Back
Top Bottom