What's new

Greater India

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a dude?
Pardon me ma'am. I do respect you in the morning.
Now bring a coffee. cream and 2 sugar.

You are probably correct.
But where I am, there is no ethnic Indians that I know of. May be in the big cities like Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal. But I wouldn't know. I have been back and forth Canada a few times. Where I am now on a small remote island, I just don't keep up with the ins and outs any more.

Are you a retired buddy ? Who lives on a remote island o_O

I understand the buddhist regions but the muslim regions? Most of Indians don't like the "muzzies", as they call them, in their country. I doubt they want more.

from aljazeera:

IN CRIMEA, THE TATARS FEAR A REPEAT OF A BRUTAL HISTORY

Meanwhile, the community itself has been whiplashed by fear, anxiety and threats of violence. In the weeks leading up to the referendum, small etched marks — in the form of X’s or crosses — appeared on exterior walls and metal gates of several Tatar homes in Bakhchisaray. No one has taken responsibility for them, but for most Tatars, the marks — now painted over or sanded off — were searing reminders of what happened in 1944, when Soviet secret police marked homes to distinguish Tatars from Russians before the mass deportations began.

On March 3, Reshat Ametov, a Tatar laborer who lived in Simferopol with his wife and three young children, disappeared after being seen led from a Simferopol protest by unknown men wearing camouflage jackets. Ametov’s body turned up 13 days later in the mixed ethnic community of Belogorsk.

Teifuk Gafarov, a lawyer who was the first Tatar representative to identify the body as it lay in a Belogorsk morgue, said the body had signs of torture on it. Local media said Ametov’s hands and feet had been bound with plastic tape, though Gafarov said he hadn’t been able to confirm that.

Ametov’s killing, and the sudden presence of heavily armed masked Russian soldiers and local paramilitary “self-defense” forces, prompted Tatars to form their own patrols and set up checkpoints in Bakhchisaray and other villages around the peninsula.

what's your view?

Yes I am, 14 years to this day.
I still remember the big internet crash when I folded up my tent.
It is the best one could wish for, living on a remote island that is.
Thank you for asking.
hi5.

Why are you always so pissed up, any problem........

:unsure:

The same region paid tribute to India and then China....So why is that greater India and not greater China?! :unsure:
The term Greater India doesn't have anything to do with the political rule of Indian kingdoms in Southeast Asia.
The term is used by historians to describe the spread of Indian civilization in Southeast Asia.
The Indianised kingdoms that were established in Southeast Asia were mostly ruled by the native people.
But the architecture and the art of these kingdoms were influenced by the Gupta Empire and Pala Empire of eastern India.
The different writing systems of Southeast Asia are derived from the south Indian Pallava Dynasty.

If the intention was to portray the influence of "Cultural" India in Central Asia to far east, honestly it could have been done in a little different manner with few more details. Naturally, people will misunderstand the purpose and troll fest will be started.

:unsure:

The same region paid tribute to India and then China....So why is that greater India and not greater China?! :unsure:
because it originated in india and has its nerve center here......
so, its obvious will talk of greater india the otherwise....

Philippines was Indianized before becoming Muslim and later as Christians.

43628995.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom