What's new

Greater India

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foot12

Reaction score
Country
India
Greater India was the historical extent of the culture of India beyond the Indian Subcontinent. This particularly concerns the spread of Hinduism and Buddhism by the travelers and traders of the 5th to 15th centuries, but may also refer to the spread of Hinduism and Buddhism from India to Central Asia and China by the Silk Road during the early centuries of the Common Era. Particularly Southeast Asia was heavily influenced by the east Indian Gupta Empire and south Indian Pallava Dynasty during ancient and medieval period which led to the establishment of Indianised kingdoms in Southeast Asia.

940px-Indian_cultural_zone.svg.png

You forgot to include the British Isles, the silicone valley and New York taxi services.
:unsure:

Greater India was the historical extent of the culture of India beyond the Indian Subcontinent. This particularly concerns the spread of Hinduism and Buddhism by the travelers and traders of the 5th to 15th centuries, but may also refer to the spread of Hinduism and Buddhism from India to Central Asia and China by the Silk Road during the early centuries of the Common Era. Particularly Southeast Asia was heavily influenced by the east Indian Gupta Empire and south Indian Pallava Dynasty during ancient and medieval period which led to the establishment of Indianised kingdoms in Southeast Asia.

940px-Indian_cultural_zone.svg.png
The same region paid tribute to India and then China....So why is that greater India and not greater China?! :unsure:

No, my dear I don't want to fight you. I have had a hard time fighting a female gender, I really don't want to fight a "may be" gender.
The dude you are making fun of is probably more successful than you can ever hope to be
So show some respect

The dude you are making fun of is probably more successful than you can ever hope to be
So show some respect

It was a dude?
Pardon me ma'am. I do respect you in the morning.
Now bring a coffee. cream and 2 sugar.

Yeah, Canada too :P And OP please include FIJI

You are probably correct.
But where I am, there is no ethnic Indians that I know of. May be in the big cities like Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal. But I wouldn't know. I have been back and forth Canada a few times. Where I am now on a small remote island, I just don't keep up with the ins and outs any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom