What's new

Granting India transit rights through Pakistan to Afghanistan

NO Way! I oppose this move. Our own economy and trade with Afghanistan would go down with that. What are the benefits to the country and People of Pakistan? Government has sold everything they could because they are receiving dollars in their personal accounts. GOD! Help Pakistan. Where he hell is this opposition? Our strategic interests are on stake!

So are you trying to say that Pakistani goods cannot compete with Indian goods?

It is only through measures like these that economic cooperation between India and Pakistan could increase. With increasing economic cooperation, political cooperation would also increase.

it clearly would not need this vehicle because if it is funneling weapons into Pakistan, it's already doing a pretty good job, right??.

Why make it easier for them?

I don't see this going anywhere and I would be very, very suprised that this facility would be granted without the Indian agreeing to a general improvement in relations.

I hope you are right.

So are you trying to say that Pakistani goods cannot compete with Indian goods?

It is only through measures like these that economic cooperation between India and Pakistan could increase. With increasing economic cooperation, political cooperation would also increase.

India is 8 times bigger in population, nearly 12 times bigger in economy and produces far more goods than Pakistan does or can. Even if we overlook these aspects and consider Indian goods are only as good as ours, what is reason to create a competitor without any gains for the people of Pakistan?

Keep the trade/price and goods vs goods comparison aside, India is a hostile state that is keen to increase the influence in Afghanistan so it could support hostilities from the western side for Pakistan and it has been convicted for doing the same. These are so obvious reasons for not letting India any passage through us. Only a dumb-@ss would ask "why" people of Pakistan should oppose this transit trade route.

Pakistan Surrender to another US demand nothing more

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/afpak-mou-on-transit-trade-pak-denies-conce/455956/

AfPak MoU on transit trade: Pak denies concessions to India
Posted: Thursday , May 07, 2009 at 1606 hrs Washington:

Pakistan on Thursday rejected the impression that it had granted "concessions" to India by signing a pact with Afghanistan to conclude a new transit trade agreement by the end of this year.

"I don't know who has given concessions," Foreign Office spokesman Abdul Basit told a weekly news briefing in response to a question about the memorandum of understanding signed on Wednesday between Pakistan and Afghanistan.

Reports have said that once the new transit trade agreement is concluded, it will allow India to use the route between the Wagah land border and Pakistan's Khyber tribal region for trade with Afghanistan.

However, Basit said the MoU only relates to negotiations between Pakistan and Afghanistan on devising a new arrangement to replace the existing transit trade agreement. The MoU commits the two countries to concluding talks by the end of this year and "all issues will be taken care of when the negotiations begin," he said

Last edited:
I think this attempt will prove the last nail in this coffin of Zardari Government. They have accepted US approval for the Army Chief and higher promotions which I am sure must have raised the temperature against the government considerably high. Now they are letting India cross its territory for "NO GAINS WHATSOEVER". I want to see this traitor be brought before public and questioned for his "motivations" of doing so. As long as it was issue of corruption, public tolerated as much they could. Now its matter of National Security and Strategics aspects. Any foul-play here would mean kaboom.

This is ridiculous!

What next? We are going to lay out the red carpet for RAW?

India says they don't want to talk about anything until Mumbai is resolved.
No problem; this transit talk can also wait.

Good for us.. when 100 - 200 Trucks blast like US marine lag pata jayega lol

by the way " NEVER HAPPEN "

Pakistan to give India transit trade facility ?

Why give such convenience to Indians when in return they were giving

Pakistan all kind of obstacles
?:hitwall::pakistan::china:

Why? Because we are fucked up.:angry: that's why

This is ridiculous!

What next? We are going to lay out the red carpet for RAW?

India says they don't want to talk about anything until Mumbai is resolved.
No problem; this transit talk can also wait.
The transit is not happening tomorrow. An MoU is just that a memorandum of understanding. FOr instance the MoU for Basha dam between Pak and CHina was signed in April 2008. We know that concrete steps started only recently. These kind of agreements take years to materialize. Don't worry you people. When the transit starts India Pakistan talks would have started.

Good for us.. when 100 - 200 Trucks blast like US marine lag pata jayega lol

by the way " NEVER HAPPEN "

I don't know how proud you feel of the above comments but in the process you are putting a tag on thousands of peace loving pakistanis arond the globe.

Why? Because we are fucked up.:angry: that's why

Yes and imagine recently one classified shipment enroute to China landed in india and was inspected thourougly and hue cry from China was ignored.

We have nothing to gain out of it and instead of allowing trnasit to central asian states indans reposnsible for Pakistani miseries get favors from the cult rulers.

Amin Fahim definately is the next man getting fat with indian dollars.

India is 8 times bigger in population, nearly 12 times bigger in economy and produces far more goods than Pakistan does or can. Even if we overlook these aspects and consider Indian goods are only as good as ours, what is reason to create a competitor without any gains for the people of Pakistan?

Keep the trade/price and goods vs goods comparison aside, India is a hostile state that is keen to increase the influence in Afghanistan so it could support hostilities from the western side for Pakistan and it has been convicted for doing the same. These are so obvious reasons for not letting India any passage through us. Only a dumb-@ss would ask "why" people of Pakistan should oppose this transit trade route.

Do you want to know what is the gain for the people of Pakistan?

The gain is the hope of ending the never-ending enmity between India and Pakistan. If we continue the attitude same as that of yours, there is no scope for any peace and reconciliation in South Asia.

What is the gain for Pakistanis when your government diverts billion of dollars for military posturing against India when there are millions of your country-men living in dire poverty?

The main problem between India and Pakistan is the lack of trust. If Pakistan shows some commitment towards Indo-Pak ties by undertaking confidence building measures (such as prosecuting Hafeez Sayed and more economic engagement), peace in South Asia can go a long way. And there lies the gain for Pakistanis and Indians.

Do you want to know what is the gain for the people of Pakistan?

The gain is the hope of ending the never-ending enmity between India and Pakistan. If we continue the attitude same as that of yours, there is no scope for any peace and reconciliation in South Asia.

Free Kashmir, Get out of Kashmir and it will be an end to ever-ending enmity between India and Pakistan. That would be gain for entire region in terms of peace.

What is the gain for Pakistanis when your government diverts billion of dollars for military posturing against India when there are millions of your country-men living in dire poverty?

The main problem between India and Pakistan is the lack of trust. If Pakistan shows some commitment towards Indo-Pak ties by undertaking confidence building measures (such as prosecuting Hafeez Sayed and more economic engagement), peace in South Asia can go a long way. And there lies the gain for Pakistanis and Indians.

Oh please spare us of this poverty talk Mr Indian. Why dont Indian government divert billions rather trillions of dollars towards eradicating poverty in India after all India is far far pooerer than Pakistan.

And to hell with CBMs, Pakistan have given you too much CBMs now its your turn.

Free Kashmir, Get out of Kashmir and it will be an end to ever-ending enmity between India and Pakistan. That would be gain for entire region in terms of peace.

In the same way do practice what you preach get out of Pakistan part of Kashmir. Why bring in Kashmir in every thread?

Oh please spare us of this poverty talk Mr Indian. Why dont Indian government divert billions rather trillions of dollars towards eradicating poverty in India after all India is far far pooerer than Pakistan.

And to hell with CBMs, Pakistan have given you too much CBMs now its your turn.

India will take care of itself keep your advice to yourself.

What is CBM? its between two parties and it could never be one sided.

I will stop here I know my limits in this forum.

Back
Top Bottom