What's new

Govt seeks Army's help in negotiations!

And the Last Act will be played out exaclty as predicted: :D

NS will be limited to playing in his sandbox. The Army wins again and Pakistan loses. As always.

Nawaz close to reaching deal with Army: WSJ - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif is close to making a deal with the Pakistan Army, in the backdrop of the political events that are unfolding in the federal capital, The Wall Street Journal reported.

The report suggests that as per the proposed agreement, the armed forces would control strategic policy areas, such as relations with the United States, Afghanistan and India.

The military has extracted a promise of freedom for former president (retd) General Pervez Musharraf and that Sharif's government had secretly agreed to let Musharraf go abroad after a symbolic indictment over treason, which took place in March.

The Wall Street Journal says the government went back on the deal as a result of which trust had eroded between the military and Sharif.

Government aides said the military has seized on Sharif's weakened status during the political crisis and are now seeking guarantees from the prime minister that he will follow through on the agreement, the report suggests.

It also says that for the rest of his term, Sharif will be a ceremonial prime minister.

Why blame army? Its govt who has brought itself in such trouble situation, and its govt who asked for army's help who have their own terms.

Why blame army? Its govt who has brought itself in such trouble situation, and its govt who asked for army's help who have their own terms.

The Army orchestrated it ALL. I am not blaming the Army but merely describing its continued hold on power, totally illegally, that is all.

The Army orchestrated it ALL. I am not blaming the Army but merely describing its continued hold on power, totally illegally, that is all.

What you are saying is still a conspiracy theory. You have no proof!

Not long ago you were saying that Imran should give proof of electoral fraud, and until he does that he can't pass a judgement on it. You are doing exactly what you were preaching against. Hypocrite!

And the Last Act will be played out exaclty as predicted: :D

NS will be limited to playing in his sandbox. The Army wins again and Pakistan loses. As always.

Nawaz close to reaching deal with Army: WSJ - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif is close to making a deal with the Pakistan Army, in the backdrop of the political events that are unfolding in the federal capital, The Wall Street Journal reported.

The report suggests that as per the proposed agreement, the armed forces would control strategic policy areas, such as relations with the United States, Afghanistan and India.

The military has extracted a promise of freedom for former president (retd) General Pervez Musharraf and that Sharif's government had secretly agreed to let Musharraf go abroad after a symbolic indictment over treason, which took place in March.

The Wall Street Journal says the government went back on the deal as a result of which trust had eroded between the military and Sharif.

Government aides said the military has seized on Sharif's weakened status during the political crisis and are now seeking guarantees from the prime minister that he will follow through on the agreement, the report suggests.

It also says that for the rest of his term, Sharif will be a ceremonial prime minister.

Is such a deal constitutional? is it acceptable to the other parties and the judiciary?.

What you are saying is still a conspiracy theory. You have no proof!

Not long ago you were saying that Imran should give proof of electoral fraud, and until he does that he can't pass a judgement on it. You are doing exactly what you were preaching against. Hypocrite!

What I am describing is factual, and something I predicted before this whole charade started. Please go back and read my older posts if you want.

And so ends the Branded Topi drama of #Azadi and #Inqilab. Today we are back to 1999.

1999? Try even further back.

Day before yesterday, this is what I wrote:

"Final touches being given.

I predict an end to Dharna politics one way or the other in a short while.

Gen. Raheel Sharif is about to become real unpopular with certain gullible and vocal sections of our society."

Source: PTI's Azadi March 14th August 2014 l Updates and debate. | Page 252

Just wait and see for a few days.

There was no way out of the impasse. COAS had to 'step' in eventually. This was predicted and per the script. There never was any danger of Martial Law. Everyone will get a face-saver of sorts.

Winner: PA

Loosers: PML-N, PTI, & the principle of supermacy of Civilian rule.

For PAT, there shall be no change. It is a Pir-Mureed party and does not quite depend on electoral politics for its fortunes. It is more about encashing its nuisance value. It will do something else again not too far in the future.

What I am describing is factual, and something I predicted before this whole charade started. Please go back and read my older posts if you want.

And I say elections were heavily rigged, and there is video proof of this mass rigging!

But I forgot .... You are the almighty and ONLY what you describe is factual!

Then why are you so desperate before any details are known?

What desperation? I am quite content in knowing what will happen according to a very predictable script. :D

Gen. Raheel Sharif is about to become real unpopular with certain gullible and vocal sections of our society."

There was no way out of the impasse. COAS had to 'step' in eventually. This was predicted and per the script. There never was any danger of Martial Law. Everyone will get a face-saver of sorts.

For PAT, there shall be no change. It is a Pir-Mureed party and does not quite depend on electoral politics for its fortunes. It is more about encashing its nuisance value. It will do something else again not too far in the future.

What "Principle of Supremacy of Civilian Rule"? :lol:

And I say elections were heavily rigged, and there is video proof of this mass rigging!

But I forgot .... You are the almighty and ONLY what you describe is factual!

Rigging does not matter any more after the Army has received what it swindled for.

To the Army, nothing else matters. It is the sole arbiter.

Might not for Pakistani's, but the international community wouldn't look at it favorably, clear case of completley undermining the government and democracy.

If India, Afghanistan or US wish to have talks with Pakistan then whom do we talk to? - the army??.

But even they won a face saving FIR....Imran was never TuQ, he dug his own grave thanks to his sheer stupidity.

Back
Top Bottom