What's new

Govt. revoked 'illegal' ex-president Ziaur Rahman's 'Independence Award'

Well he is in UK so he is safe. He has right to give his story and opinion on the matter.

He knows nothing about it. Everything has been fed to him, and he has never bothered to read about what happened as described by other sources. Every Pakistani narration states very clearly that the initiative and the intention to brutalise the population into submission was born out of a desire to bring the restless province back under 'control'. It was not an outcome of terror against the establishment's supporters mounted by the separatists, although that happened to a far lesser extent than what he has reported, an extent magnified by the urgent need of the guilty to justify their ethnic cleansing actions.

He knows nothing about it. Everything has been fed to him, and he has never bothered to read about what happened as described by other sources. Every Pakistani narration states very clearly that the initiative and the intention to brutalise the population into submission was born out of a desire to bring the restless province back under 'control'. It was not an outcome of terror against the establishment's supporters mounted by the separatists, although that happened to a far lesser extent than what he has reported, an extent magnified by the urgent need of the guilty to justify their ethnic cleansing actions.

I get that. He still has the right to put forth his opinion and perspective...as distorted as we may see it to be.

There is definitely some truth behind what he says, I just of course disagree with the magnitude as others should as well.....but then that is the case with most wars that you have direct emotional bonds to.

I mean its a bit like the 3 million genocide number that keeps popping up...I think that may well be a magnitude lower....but I can't say or know for sure....but someone with direct family experience of it probably doesn't need any convincing on the matter....and probably could believe it to be a low estimate.

I do agree the initial brutality was originally inflicted by the state on its people for reasons we all know....that caused a chain of brutal reaction.

Violence begets violence and all that....and his family seemed to have been in the thick of it.

A very turbulent and horrific time needless to say.

I get that. He still has the right to put forth his opinion and perspective...as distorted as we may see it to be.

There is definitely some truth behind what he says, I just of course disagree with the magnitude as others should as well.....but then that is the case with most wars that you have direct emotional bonds to.

I mean its a bit like the 3 million genocide number that keeps popping up...I think that may well be a magnitude lower....but I can't say or know for sure....but someone with direct family experience of it probably doesn't need any convincing on the matter....and probably could believe it to be a low estimate.

I do agree the initial brutality was originally inflicted by the state on its people for reasons we all know....that caused a chain of brutal reaction.

Violence begets violence and all that....and his family seemed to have been in the thick of it.

A very turbulent and horrific time needless to say.

This figure is so painfully exaggerated that it dishonours all the thousands who actually died, by making the entire situation sound unrealistic.

It is verdict of every century, Mir Jaffar of respective centuries would die an un-natural death by the hands of its own people. Shiekh Mujib was no different.

Were you there in the East Pakistan in the month of February and March 1971 that you know Mukti bahini brutalized & terrorized Non-Bengali and Pro Pakistan Bengalis to a far less extent ?

It is verdict of every century, Mir Jaffar of respective centuries would die an un-natural death by the hands of its own people. Shiekh Mujib was no different.

Were you there in the East Pakistan in the month of February and March 1971 that you know Mukti bahini brutalized & terrorized Non-Bengali and Pro Pakistan Bengalis to a far less extent ?

No. If you think that is a sufficient refutation, fair enough. I believe that I have enough evidence that nothing much happened.

No. If you think that is a sufficient refutation, fair enough. I believe that I have enough evidence that nothing much happened.

Well, you are biased hence you will hold this opinion. Visit Bihari Camp in Bangladesh if you got time in your life. Listen what the Bihari elders has to say about the Months leading upto Operation searchlight. Then I will ask you what evidence you have on which you formed your opinion and Qutbuddin Aziz Blood and Tears showed a glimpse what Mukti Bahini and Awami league terrorists do which caused Operation searchlight. Sweeping statements that I have evidence which ignores purposefully the other side of conflict. i.e atrocities on Biharis and Bengalis just kills the entire argument and shows how biased the other party is.

Is it something you saw in the RAW sheesha cafe in dhaka?[/QUOTE]
This figure is so painfully exaggerated that it dishonours all the thousands who actually died, by making the entire situation sound unrealistic.

Because we said exactly same thing you just said, blind awami cheerleaders label people being "Islamist", "rajakar" and what not. And awami league regime even passed law to prosecute people upto life life imprisonment if they do not agree to such exaggerated number of 30 million death.

No it is not a sufficient refuation. Even Bangladesh of 21st century indulges in those kosher activities which they accuse PA off to indulge in 1971 and declares it a Haram Activitiy

Bangladesh must investigate deaths and release prisoners held in opposition crackdown

8 January 2015, 00:00 UTC
https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/n...-release-prisoners-held-opposition-crackdown/

Coincidentally, there was a mutiniy in Bangladesh army in 2009 akin to mutiny of East Bangladesh Rifles in 71 (If I got the name correct) While When Pakistan Army tried to Punish those mutineers, It was declared Haram, genocide against innocent Bangladeshis. But When Bangladesh does it,,, It becomes an Halal and kosher Punishment.

On 5 November 2013, Dhaka Metropolitan Sessions Court sentenced 152 people to death and 159 to life imprisonment; another 235 people received sentences between three and ten years for their involvement in the mutiny. The court also acquitted 277 people who had been charged. The trials have been condemned as unfair mass trials without timely access to lawyers and "seem designed to satisfy a desire for cruel revenge", as charged by Human Rights Watch, Amnesty Internationaland the United Nations High Commission for Human Rights[10][11]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh_Rifles_revolt

They hypocrisy is astounding these days I must say.

No it is not a sufficient refuation. Even Bangladesh of 21st century indulges in those kosher activities which they accuse PA off to indulge in 1971 and declares it a Haram Activitiy

Bangladesh must investigate deaths and release prisoners held in opposition crackdown

8 January 2015, 00:00 UTC
https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/n...-release-prisoners-held-opposition-crackdown/

Coincidentally, there was a mutiniy in Bangladesh army in 2009 akin to mutiny of East Bangladesh Rifles in 71 (If I got the name correct) While When Pakistan Army tried to Punish those mutineers, It was declared Haram, genocide against innocent Bangladeshis. But When Bangladesh does it,,, It becomes an Halal and kosher Punishment.

On 5 November 2013, Dhaka Metropolitan Sessions Court sentenced 152 people to death and 159 to life imprisonment; another 235 people received sentences between three and ten years for their involvement in the mutiny. The court also acquitted 277 people who had been charged. The trials have been condemned as unfair mass trials without timely access to lawyers and "seem designed to satisfy a desire for cruel revenge", as charged by Human Rights Watch, Amnesty Internationaland the United Nations High Commission for Human Rights[10][11]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh_Rifles_revolt

They hypocrisy is astounding these days I must say.

I have no idea about haram and kosher and so on. What I do know is that the EBR held out without entering the fighting until Searchlight started. I also know that the Mukti Bahini was formed only after Searchlight, when the first surge of refugees happened. I also know that there were a considerable amount of rioting, but nothing like organised slaughter, in the days before Searchlight. This 'know'ledge is from Bangladeshi accounts after the war, and a considerable volume of Pakistani literature, the one that I read most avidly being Z. A. Khan's memoirs.

I have not heard anywhere about mass murder of teachers, doctors, lawyers and the like, as forming an intellectual class that had to be wiped out for providing leadership to the agitating supporters, who were only occasionally taking violent action against West Pakistanis and Biharis.

That is a good question. No I won't go to a killing spree. I would look into the cause. Though I do not support Tribal Separatists I have sympathy for their concerns. They want to save their culture society from being bengalized. I also criticize Bangladesh Army crack down on innocent chakmas.
You won't but BD army would Armies are tasked with protection of territorial integrity. No army in the world tolerate any secessionist ambitions when the territory in question internationally recognized not disputed CHT is integral part of Bangladesh it has no right to separate. The rights violations of tribals should be looked after but its internal matter of country It doesn't give anyone right to secede Armed secessionist movements are threat to national security territorial integrity and should be dealt with force it might even lead to mass kill if insurgency too large but that shouldn't deter from defending country if you are patriot citizen

Country comes first ethnicity religion colour all comes second Even in present day Bangladesh Sylhetis identify themselves Bangladeshi first Sylheti second They are as much patriotic as any Bengalee in Bangladesh Would you like to see Bangladesh getting broken apart by separatists in the future I guess not Hope you got my point

Is it something you saw in the RAW sheesha cafe in dhaka?

Because we said exactly same thing you just said, blind awami cheerleaders label people being "Islamist", "rajakar" and what not. And awami league regime even passed law to prosecute people upto life life imprisonment if they do not agree to such exaggerated number of 30 million death.

In what way is that of any connection to what I said? As for the 30 million deaths, is there really a law to imprison people if they do not agree with that figure? I would like some references please.

Well, you are biased hence you will hold this opinion. Visit Bihari Camp in Bangladesh if you got time in your life. Listen what the Bihari elders has to say about the Months leading upto Operation searchlight. Then I will ask you what evidence you have on which you formed your opinion and Qutbuddin Aziz Blood and Tears showed a glimpse what Mukti Bahini and Awami league terrorists do which caused Operation searchlight. Sweeping statements that I have evidence which ignores purposefully the other side of conflict. i.e atrocities on Biharis and Bengalis just kills the entire argument and shows how biased the other party is.

It seems that you have two different sets of contrary arguments. For one, you do not believe that the sequence was what I have described. For the other, you point to what you perceive as similar incidents, for which Bangladesh has inflicted punishments of a sort that people tend to report about the Pakistani authorities in 71, and for which they have attracted wide condemnation.

Is that correct?

In what way is that of any connection to what I said?

He must have initially been quoting me since I asked him that somewhere....and he thought better of it....but the quote buffer still had it.

first thing i see happening is... that bangabandhu statue hammered down in bangladesh military academy when BNP comes to power... hate politics and democracy in general.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom