What's new

Govt proposes 29 industrial parks, 21 mineral zones under CPEC

If i was the person incharge, i would be looking for alternative methods, and the methods which can be adopt by industry independently. Look at Faisalabad, many textile has moved 1/4 of their requirement to solar panel. If this technology was brought in Pakistan, and manufacturing would have started in Pakistan it could have done miracles. Let them make their energy to grow.

Otherside of Power/energy is, corruption in the WAPDA and other government power related organizations are not being controlled, which is hurting these companies to grow and make real decisions in progress of Pakistan. Still there is bribe, still those of corrupt non progressive hiring in PPP's time are employed and being paid. Still those who make decisions for lines, distribution, and generation are free do to anything. (Don't tell me i am wrong i have many relatives in WAPDA & LSE who complain about same).

I don't say they are doing it, but i want real steps towards reforms and fixation of the system. We have Laws, Policies procedures, and control but system only lacks in implementation.
Major problem with that solution not finding roots is because of increased cost of land. The expansion of urban area of Faisalabad has meant that the cost of land in sub-urban areas are also rapidly converging to urbanized area due to expanding housing. A house can stay afloat by a solar panel installed on roof but for generating enough energy to run an industrial unit, the land requirements are significant and hence the costs of land acquisition.

Major problem with that solution not finding roots is because of increased cost of land. The expansion of urban area of Faisalabad has meant that the cost of land in sub-urban areas are also rapidly converging to urbanized area due to expanding housing. A house can stay afloat by a solar panel installed on roof but for generating enough energy to run an industrial unit, the land requirements are significant and hence the costs of land acquisition.

Sorry but many textile already started to put their minimum load on it. And i was giving example. What ever it is let industrialist bare the load. Why we even care? you will be amaze to see if Industrialist get an option of uninterrupted business and interrupted business, they will go for uninterrupted one each time and happily taking on initial cost.

Also, if they get infrastructure, they will always move their industries to place where they can grow much easily. rather then between cities.

The person who can't even read, shouldn't complain about others age.. Go Kid first read and then come back..

Go hide in your room, hold your bear stuffed animal, cover yourself in a blanket, ask your mother to read you a story as you are scared and have a great sleep. Think about Pink Panther in your dreams. I think I've learned the level of intellect in your head. This process matches with it. No stress no glory!

I like your posts. You bring quality to this forum which is oh so desperately missing here. Thank you.

On topic, does anyone know if these industrial zones are industry specific or general purpose zones (like EEZ etc)? I think industry specific zones have a better impact and come with lower costs. But they also tend to centralize the economy in terms of geography (textiles in Faisalabad, IT in Islamabad, Automotive in Karachi etc).

Thank you for the compliment. These guys aren't just coming up with stuff randomly. There are studies, assessments, and then the strategy. The industrial zones you are talking about, are Industry Specific. For example, they are building Coal distribution hubs closer to areas where Coal Mines are. Makes perfect sense. Then they are building Textile hubs close to where Textile businesses are so its cheaper to transport to the ports and export. So there has been a LOT of work done on these feasibility reports on what makes sense where.

Go hide in your room, hold your bear stuffed animal, cover yourself in a blanket, ask your mother to read you a story as you are scared and have a great sleep. Think about Pink Panther in your dreams. I think I've learned the level of intellect in your head. This process matches with it. No stress no glory!

Thank you for the compliment. These guys aren't just coming up with stuff randomly. There are studies, assessments, and then the strategy. The industrial zones you are talking about, are Industry Specific. For example, they are building Coal distribution hubs closer to areas where Coal Mines are. Makes perfect sense. Then they are building Textile hubs close to where Textile businesses are so its cheaper to transport to the ports and export. So there has been a LOT of work done on these feasibility reports on what makes sense where.

Problem starts when Kids these days get internet access... Looks like your mom does this daily with you, that's you remember it closely. :P

Problem starts when Kids these days get internet access... Looks like your mom does this daily with you, that's you remember it closely. :P

You are right, problem starts with Children having access to the internet. Thus, trying to tell you to go hide in your bed as this is a mature forum. Majority of the stuff being discussed on here, would make no sense to you. Go read a Popeye the Sailor Man book or something.

You are right, problem starts with Children having access to the internet. Thus, trying to tell you to go hide in your bed as this is a mature forum. Majority of the stuff being discussed on here, would make no sense to you. Go read a Popeye the Sailor Man book or something.

Yes i know i am right.. And grown up people don't do these thinks, only kids does, so you can keep it up with your stuff.. and leave the forum as you suggest :P

Yes i know i am right.. And grown up people don't do these thinks, only kids does, so you can keep it up with your stuff.. and leave the forum as you suggest :P

My suggestion was for you kiddo. That's another problem with Children like, you. Never take direction and always think they know it all :enjoy:

So if two and half years have passed, should they stop doing anything and start crying for next two and half years?

Do you think these things can happen overnight?

What planning or projects did the previous gov. did in their 5 years?

How many new techs (except stealing the public money) did the previous gov. did? how many jobs did they create (or lost) how many new companies did they set? What this gov has done in the 2.5 years wasn't even enough to revive the confidence of the industrialists dud to outright and open corruption of the previous gov. Look at the number of power generation projects this gov has started, and the hole economic corridor plan launched. Even medium size companies take years of planning to start a new venture. It takes a lot of effort to revive a country's economy after thieves like Zardari Give them time these things require patience and perseverance and it's not totally in our control, investment is coming from China, they wouldn't invest in a war torn country with complete lack of law and order, look at the progress we have made in war against terror, we have to first improve things at home to make the country attractive to foreign investor, no one throws away their money they need to be assured that their investment is safe and will earn them profit.

Stop bitching and complaining and give due credit. Even if PMLN guys were as big a thief as Zardari, with their efforts to generate more power, revive economy and create jobs I would choose them over an honest angel who does not do anything for the economy (common person).

I don't care who supports whom, I just support Pakistan and anyone who works for Pakistan, which means I support myself.

You must have heard, a shrewd enemy is better than a stupid friend.

Constructive work.. come one, we voted for them to have aggressive policies towards economy. How many new industries, new earning areas, new jobs they tried to generate so far? Did they try to find what is actually eating up Pakistan's GDP? Did they try to take futuristic approach for Technology? Do they working on sustaining future for Pakistan or tomorrow if IMF, World bank stop supporting we will start falling again?

Facts are two and half years passed yet, Government is stuck in planning, proposing things, rather then progressing.

Ps: I am known as PML-N Supporter

Last edited:
So if two and half years have passed, should they stop doing anything and start crying for next two and half years?

Do you think these things can happen overnight?

What planning or projects did the previous gov. did in their 5 years?

How many new techs (except stealing the public money) did the previous gov. did? how many jobs did they create (or lost) how many new companies did they set? What this gov has done in the 2.5 years wasn't even enough to revive the confidence of the industrialists dud to outright and open corruption of the previous gov. Look at the number of power generation projects this gov has started, and the hole economic corridor plan launched. Even medium size companies take years of planning to start a new venture. It takes a lot of effort to revive a country's economy after thieves like Zardari Give them time these things require patience and perseverance and it's not totally in our control, investment is coming from China, they wouldn't invest in a war torn country with complete lack of law and order, look at the progress we have made in war against terror, we have to first improve things at home to make the country attractive to foreign investor, no one throws away their money they need to be assured that their investment is safe and will earn them profit.

Stop bitching and complaining and give due credit. Even if PMLN guys were as big a thief as Zardari, with their efforts to generate more power, revive economy and create jobs I would choose them over an honest angel who does not do anything for the economy (common person).

I don't care who supports whom, I just support Pakistan and anyone who works for Pakistan, which means I support myself.

You must have heard, a shrewd enemy is better than a stupid friend.

I didn't voted for PPP so i knew prior to 2008 that this gonna fail. And things will become worst, 10%, political hiring, corruption will be norm in PPP Government.

But we did voted for PML-N also convince others to vote for them. So my expectation were higher for them. No chance of comparing it with Last PPP government.

Read again, i never said stop, but to improve.... so tomorrow if i am sitting between my people i can say i made it right and drive you guys towards right.

Back
Top Bottom