What's new

Govt proposes 29 industrial parks, 21 mineral zones under CPEC

That is hospital, public-private on top of that. But I found this news from last week.

Feasibility studies of more industrial estates finalized

Salim Ahmed

Saturday, July 18, 2015 - Lahore—Chairman Punjab Industrial Estates Development & Management Company S M Tanveer has said that PIEDMC has finalised the feasibility studies for setting up industrial estates in ten more districts of the province, as per the directions of the Chief Minister Punjab. “These ten districts included Gujar Khan, Pin Dadan Khan, Bhakkar, Jhang, Gujrat, Okara, Sahiwal, Bahawalnagar, Bahawalpur and D G Khan, “ he added.

He said the PIEDMC by following the guidelines of Chief Minister Punjab is transforming Punjab into the industrial hub of Pakistan. All these industrial estates would generate millions of jobs in the province. He said the PIEDMC has already completed Sundar and Multan Industrial Estates and development work on four more industrial estates is underway.

“These four industrial estates are include Rahim Yar Khan Industrial Estate, Bhalwal Industrial Estate, Vehari Industrial Estate, Chunian Industrial Estate and Quaid-e-Azam Apparel Park,” he added.

He said the PIEDMC has also completed the infrastructural works at the Quaid-e-Azam Solar Park in Bahawalpur where 1000 megawatt electricity will be generated through solar panels.

Feasibility studies of more industrial estates finalized

This is separate project from CPEC?

you said nothing for Gujrat

They For sure completed Sundar Industrial Estate.... and Multan one... Quaid-e-Azam Apparel Park is under construction near Sheikhupura and a bypass will be build to connect it with M-2

the thread is about 29 industrial parks under CPEC so may be they put these under CPEC too and included in 29 Industrial parks across Pakistan

Half of tenor gone yet government is still proposing. Why government can't understand we have only 5-7 years to catch up the east Asian growth.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: I didn't realize that the Pakistani government was building an economic system off of Legos, you can fit the blocks and there's the build. And you can be age 10 or below to do so.

In your country's entire HISTORY, no one has EVER tried to do as many projects as the ones happening now in the past three years. All this stuff requires a LOT of planning coordination, arranging for funds (that you don't have). And here you are, very conveniently, ignoring the royal fukkup of the past 70 years from ALL rulers, and putting it onto the current government who's done more than anyone else in the past 70 years.

I suggest you try building a two bedroom extension to your own house by yourself. Come back every day and report to us on where you are. Let's see how long that little project would take. Once you finish that, I'll then ask you to estimate the time it would take to build a 200 office building. Its very easy to be an internet warrior, its a LOT harder to actually grow a country that was ready to go bankrupt when the current government inherited the system.

ISLAMABAD: The Nawaz Sharif government has proposed 29 industrial parks and 21 mineral economic processing zones in all four provinces under the much hyped $46 billion China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), The News has learnt.

NOOO, this can't be TRUE!!! NS proposed the economic road map for ALL FOUR PROVINCES???? I thought per a few on here, it was ONLY Punjab he wanted to grow? :nono::no::nono:

Wait, we got lied to, and that's not the first time. Great JOB IK and his followers. You guys have done 0 work and lied about everything to your own nation and to the entire globe. The TRUTH (like this news above) ALWAYS comes out and in its entirety!!

Last edited:
yaar Baluchistan main banao ziada we have to save them from poverty
Totally agree with you . These industrial parks should be made in balochistan . Arrid land , cheap as chips and plan cities around it
Even the ones in punjab like lahore , sialkot , multan should be moved to areas like bunjar land .

yaar Baluchistan main banao ziada we have to save them from poverty

Baluchistan is the center of gravity here, don't you worry about Baluchistan. Remember, ALL these projects mentioned are called "feeder projects" to the main larger program, i.e. the trade corridor and Gawader. So by default, Baluchistan's economy will be the MAJOR recipient of growth.

All these other projects are to utilize the Gawader based infrastructure and reap its benefits and spread them across the entire country so there is growth everywhere. Excellent economic growth road map. If 60% of this is completed, Pakistan would've gone beyond a trillion dollar economy in the next 5-7 years!!!

There is a reason why India was focusing too much on Baluchistan and Karachi. Your ports cities are like your heart's valves (Karachi and Gawader), they supply blood to the entire body. You block the heart valves, the body's doesn't get blood and dies.

Also, I've said it for over a few years, the future Pakistan which is in making (the advanced, modernized and peaceful version), will be created through Baluchistan.

pakistan must focus on putting the industrial parks in balochistan and in the northwest of pakistan. as this part of the country is the poorest, and is known for its milatancy. i spoke to a professor and i asked him why is there this problem and he said, when you are poor and have no money no job, you have ritually nothing, but you only have religion , but when someone gives you religion in a twisted way they will embrace it as they will have something. so develop balochistan and the north west so that these people have a chance and a opportunity to thrive. prioritising the park in the east of the country will make matters worse. a balance is required.

bitching much! lets stop fucking finding faults and supporting constructive work in the country regardless of who is in the government, this proposed plan will create millions of jobs across the country.

Half of tenor gone yet government is still proposing. Why government can't understand we have only 5-7 years to catch up the east Asian growth. After that all Pakistani strategic location gonna finish. No more fossil fuel, no more riches of gulf countries, no more middle east. 2020s belongs to robotic and AI growth. And by then the country have it gonna increase exponentially, and left behind will remain left behind.

I am fadeup with proposals, talk less execute more. This proposal should have come two years back and by next year they should be looking to make this live.

bitching much! lets stop fucking finding faults and supporting constructive work in the country regardless of who is in the government, this proposed plan will create millions of jobs across the country.

I couldn't have put it in a better way. Thank you. What the hell's wrong with people not supporting so much work being done in Pakistan? Why come across so divided? I never get this!

pakistan must focus on putting the industrial parks in balochistan and in the northwest of pakistan. as this part of the country is the poorest, and is known for its milatancy.

1) I think you aren't reading this thread carefully (not surprised, happens with anything else with you guys). This thread is about projects in ALL FOUR states of Pakistan, which include Baluchistan and KPK.

2) The entire things is revolving around Baluchistan as that's the center of the gravity with regards to this economic boom that's about to come in Pakistan and has actually started in smaller pieces across the country in the shape of new and modern infrastructure, etc.

3) The professor forgot to tell you that militancy in Baluchistan is supported by India, to stop and / or cancel this projects, so Pakistan can never grow and stabilize. So while you write this on here, write another e-mail to Mr. Modi, and tell them to stop their show so Pakistan can grow fast and become a peaceful neighbor. RAW supported violence and Religion supported violence are TWO different things, although they do start with "R", but have no other connection, if you know what I mean.

Hanoz dehli dorast its next 10 yrs after late Mian sb .

some people have dicks for their heads and think being negative and criticizing everything this their utmost duty and a cool thing to do.

excuse my crude language but this is how one of my office colleague describes the difference between Pakistani's and Americans, "Amreeki kam ko sar pay rakhtay hain or pudddi ko lun pay, or Pakistani phuddi ko sar pay or kam ko lun pay".

I couldn't have put it in a better way. Thank you. What the hell's wrong with people not supporting so much work being done in Pakistan? Why come across so divided? I never get this!

1) I think you aren't reading this thread carefully (not surprised, happens with anything else with you guys). This thread is about projects in ALL FOUR states of Pakistan, which include Baluchistan and KPK.

2) The entire things is revolving around Baluchistan as that's the center of the gravity with regards to this economic boom that's about to come in Pakistan and has actually started in smaller pieces across the country in the shape of new and modern infrastructure, etc.

3) The professor forgot to tell you that militancy in Baluchistan is supported by India, to stop and / or cancel this projects, so Pakistan can never grow and stabilize. So while you write this on here, write another e-mail to Mr. Modi, and tell them to stop their show so Pakistan can grow fast and become a peaceful neighbor. RAW supported violence and Religion supported violence are TWO different things, although they do start with "R", but have no other connection, if you know what I mean.
well i wanted to talk about these two specific states as they would benefit from these developments.

yes i already know that infrastructure projects has started in other places along the country.

i can go into this balochistan debate with you and it will be ugly so im not going to bother.

I didn't realize that the Pakistani government was building an economic system off of Legos, you can fit the blocks and there's the build. And you can be age 10 or below to do so.

In your country's entire HISTORY, no one has EVER tried to do as many projects as the ones happening now in the past three years. All this stuff requires a LOT of planning coordination, arranging for funds (that you don't have). And here you are, very conveniently, ignoring the royal fukkup of the past 70 years from ALL rulers, and putting it onto the current government who's done more than anyone else in the past 70 years.

I suggest you try building a two bedroom extension to your own house by yourself. Come back every day and report to us on where you are. Let's see how long that little project would take. Once you finish that, I'll then ask you to estimate the time it would take to build a 200 office building. Its very easy to be an internet warrior, its a LOT harder to actually grow a country that was ready to go bankrupt when the current government inherited the system.

Baluchistan is the center of gravity here, don't you worry about Baluchistan. Remember, ALL these projects mentioned are called "feeder projects" to the main larger program, i.e. the trade corridor and Gawader. So by default, Baluchistan's economy will be the MAJOR recipient of growth.

All these other projects are to utilize the Gawader based infrastructure and reap its benefits and spread them across the entire country so there is growth everywhere. Excellent economic growth road map. If 60% of this is completed, Pakistan would've gone beyond a trillion dollar economy in the next 5-7 years!!!

There is a reason why India was focusing too much on Baluchistan and Karachi. Your ports cities are like your heart's valves (Karachi and Gawader), they supply blood to the entire body. You block the heart valves, the body's doesn't get blood and dies.

Also, I've said it for over a few years, the future Pakistan which is in making (the advanced, modernized and peaceful version), will be created through Baluchistan.

I like your posts. You bring quality to this forum which is oh so desperately missing here. Thank you.

On topic, does anyone know if these industrial zones are industry specific or general purpose zones (like EEZ etc)? I think industry specific zones have a better impact and come with lower costs. But they also tend to centralize the economy in terms of geography (textiles in Faisalabad, IT in Islamabad, Automotive in Karachi etc).

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: I didn't realize that the Pakistani government was building an economic system off of Legos, you can fit the blocks and there's the build. And you can be age 10 or below to do so.

The person who can't even read, shouldn't complain about others age.. Go Kid first read and then come back..

Constructive work.. come one, we voted for them to have aggressive policies towards economy. How many new industries, new earning areas, new jobs they tried to generate so far? Did they try to find what is actually eating up Pakistan's GDP? Did they try to take futuristic approach for Technology? Do they working on sustaining future for Pakistan or tomorrow if IMF, World bank stop supporting we will start falling again?

Facts are two and half years passed yet, Government is stuck in planning, proposing things, rather then progressing.

Ps: I am known as PML-N Supporter

If you want to kill any project , hand over it to Pakistan's Civil bureaucracy, they will kill it beautifully.

These proposed projects will not be live before 2018 as the industry run on electricity and most of the electricity project will completed by 2018, IP Gas pipeline will also complete by 2017, i guess so.

Eat good meals and discuss things in Air Conditioned Rooms but the most important thing we need for our progress is "electricty".
Of course, if everything stays okey and CPEC goes as hopped, these industrial parks will come online at later stages when Chinese industries would move closer to Gawadar. These estates and parks should be seen in the context of post 2025

Constructive work.. come one, we voted for them to have aggressive policies towards economy. How many new industries, new earning areas, new jobs they tried to generate so far? Did they try to find what is actually eating up Pakistan's GDP? Did they try to take futuristic approach for Technology? Do they working on sustaining future for Pakistan or tomorrow if IMF, World bank stop supporting we will start falling again?

Facts are two and half years passed yet, Government is stuck in planning, proposing things, rather then progressing.

Ps: I am known as PML-N Supporter
Energy is first problem,at current industry is forced to endure load-shedding to keep households afloat. However, energy sector alone is very challenging because unsustainable business cycle due to non-collection, in-efficient management and so forth. Unless the system is radically reformed (i.e. making electricity a privately generated and distributed good, we can't have sustainable investment in both energy as well as general industry.

Energy is first problem,at current industry is forced to endure load-shedding to keep households afloat. However, energy sector alone is very challenging because unsustainable business cycle due to non-collection, in-efficient management and so forth. Unless the system is radically reformed (i.e. making electricity a privately generated and distributed good, we can't have sustainable investment in both energy as well as general industry.

If i was the person incharge, i would be looking for alternative methods, and the methods which can be adopt by industry independently. Look at Faisalabad, many textile has moved 1/4 of their requirement to solar panel. If this technology was brought in Pakistan, and manufacturing would have started in Pakistan it could have done miracles. Let them make their energy to grow.

Otherside of Power/energy is, corruption in the WAPDA and other government power related organizations are not being controlled, which is hurting these companies to grow and make real decisions in progress of Pakistan. Still there is bribe, still those of corrupt non progressive hiring in PPP's time are employed and being paid. Still those who make decisions for lines, distribution, and generation are free do to anything. (Don't tell me i am wrong i have many relatives in WAPDA & LSE who complain about same).

I don't say they are doing it, but i want real steps towards reforms and fixation of the system. We have Laws, Policies procedures, and control but system only lacks in implementation.

Back
Top Bottom