What's new

Govt. must stop junk procurements to defend BD beyond 2021

Mig-35

BANNED

New Recruit

Reaction score
Air Chief had declared of a procurement of 16 F-7BGI (based on J-7G2) as stop-gap aircraft in defence iq. However, why do we need stop-gap aircraft is a big question to me!! We already have 8 Mig-29S, 28 F-7BG/MB, 8 A-5C, 6 FT-6, 7 L-39ZA. we are in far better position than what we used to be before 1996. Back then we had 16 F-7MB, 12 A-5C, 6 FT-6, 8 Fouga. We now are better defended. Our govt. could have buy 4-8 Mig-29S/F-16/J-10 in 2006 instead of those 16 F-7BG. They could have again buy 4-8 of same this year instead of those 16 F-7BGI. In that way we by now would have 16 to 24 mig-29/f-17/j-10.. That would have been a wise procurement. Lets consider the fact that F-7BG was bought in BNP period. but still you could have 8 new mig-29 with the money BAL spent on f-7bgi. If you can have 16 mig-29 then why the hell do u need Stop-Gap aircraft!:hitwall:

Air Chief had declared of a procurement of 16 F-7BGI (based on J-7G2) as stop-gap aircraft in defence iq. However, why do we need stop-gap aircraft is a big question to me!! We already have 8 Mig-29S, 28 F-7BG/MB, 8 A-5C, 6 FT-6, 7 L-39ZA. we are in far better position than what we used to be before 1996. Back then we had 16 F-7MB, 12 A-5C, 6 FT-6, 8 Fouga. We now are better defended. Our govt. could have buy 4-8 Mig-29S/F-16/J-10 in 2006 instead of those 16 F-7BG. They could have again buy 4-8 of same this year instead of those 16 F-7BGI. In that way we by now would have 16 to 24 mig-29/f-17/j-10.. That would have been a wise procurement. Lets consider the fact that F-7BG was bought in BNP period. but still you could have 8 new mig-29 with the money BAL spent on f-7bgi. If you can have 16 mig-29 then why the hell do u need Stop-Gap aircraft!:hitwall:

There are other procurements made before and still continuing without considering a strategic thinking. Say for example: T-37 tweets. We really dont need those when we have L-39za. We do not have a big fighter aircraft force. For only a handful fighter you dont need multiple trainer variants.

Same goes with all the departments of the different forces. shall cover all soon....:enjoy:

I think we did not have any trained pilots for more modern fighters.... Yaks are purchased to train pilots and then better planes would be bought.... The BGIs are to keep numbers up.... But as I understand it they are no match for India or Burma. Your proposition is a sound one.... BD should make purchases following a proper plan

Wasn't it a case of the interceptors needed to be replaced, so the BAF decided to do that and on top of that buy something qualitatively much better i.e. the F7-BGI?

In fact they even got a whole new plane designed for them by the Chinese, something far superior to previous F7s to be almost another plane.

Hammer fist,

Let's accept that it is a totally different plane, will it be effective against the Indians or the Burmese? The overwhelming conclusion I see from others is that they won't represent any threat to them. As such these planes fails in the purpose they have been bought for ..... Deterrence

I will be first to admit that military knowledge I have little, but if what people say is true that these are no match for our enemies what is the point in getting them. I think they were just to keep up the numbers ..... A visible deterrence if you will.... Their practicle war time purpose may be limited.

A lost opportunity I think.... But then again maybe BAF planners know something that we do not.....

Air Chief had declared of a procurement of 16 F-7BGI (based on J-7G2) as stop-gap aircraft in defence iq. However, why do we need stop-gap aircraft is a big question to me!!

Aviation is an expensive matter :agree:

And that is how far our defense budget goes....

Back
Top Bottom