What's new

Govt constitutes investigation committee to probe Dawn Leaks

mr.robot

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD (Dunya News) - In a recent development in controversial story matter, an investigation committee has been formed by the government to look into the matter in full detail and also to find out the real causation associated with the story. The committee will be headed by Justice (retd) Amir Raza Khan and will also include one member each from the ISI, MI and IB.

The sources have also confirmed that Secretary Establishment Tahir Shahbaz, Ombudsman Punjab Najam Saeed and Director FIA Usman Anwar will also be part of the committee.

The investigation committee will probe the controversial story in full detail and will also summon journalist Cyril Almeida for finding out all the relevant facts associated with the issue.

It is also worth-mentioning here that Justice (retd) Amir Raza Khan served as Justice Lahore High Court from 1979 to 1991 and also as Advocate General Punjab in 1979. Currently, he is also a visiting professor of law in Punjab University and a senior lawyer in Supreme Court.

http://dunyanews.tv/en/Pakistan/359968-Govt-constitutes-investigation-committee-to-probe-

Note: Still waiting for something being cooked in GHQ as was being told by some members to handle this. Looks like that there is shortage of gas in GHQ's mess :D

Last edited:
The committee will be headed by Justice (retd) Amir Raza Khan and will also include one member each from the ISI, MI and IB.
The sources have also confirmed that Secretary Establishment Tahir Shahbaz, Ombudsman Punjab Najam Saeed and Director FIA Usman Anwar will also be part of the committee.
It is also worth-mentioning here that Justice (retd) Amir Raza Khan served as Justice Lahore High Court from 1979 to 1991 and also as Advocate General Punjab in 1979. Currently, he is also a visiting professor of law in Punjab University and a senior lawyer in Supreme Court.

Now what do u say? @The Eagle U said earlier...tht anyone..no matter how powerful will be punished, after due process, in such a national security breach case..and tht it will not be matti pao?
A retired judge(chosen. by Nawaz Sharif) who served in lahore high court heads the committee... Ombudsman Punjab, Secretary establishment(selected by govt), director FIA(under Ch Nisar), with officials from MI, and ISI .. 6 member committee, with 4 ppl of Nawaz Sharif's choice... And u think...tht suchh a commitee can probe Nawaz Sharif and Maryam Nawaz links to dawn leaks.?
..everyone knows tht Maryam Nawaz is the real culprit....do u really think tht such committe, whose majority members are serving / retired govt officials, mostly from Punjab, will be able to tell abt real culprits? This exercise is exact repeat of model town JIT, where few police officials were made scapegoats

U said, there can be no NRO or matti pao..on such security breach..... Ppl of Pakistan are really taken as fools by everyone.... If this is not NRO, mukmuka and matti pao...then what else is? I can only imagine ..tht as we know now..this is another matti pao...what will be its repurcussions? Dawn leaks happened after none was punished in memo gate.. Lets see..what is the next step of these politicians after dawn leaks...Good luck for tht...

..i hope we dont hear words like breach of national security from army again in future.. Because we know what happens..in these cases...whether memo gate or dawn leaks.ie Mukmuka/NRO

Last edited:
Now what do u say? @The Eagle U said earlier...tht anyone..no matter how powerful will be punished, after due process, in such a national security breach case..and tht it will not be matti pao?
A retired judge(chosen. by Nawaz Sharif) who served in lahore high court heads the committee... Ombudsman Punjab, Secretary establishment(selected by govt), director FIA(under Ch Nisar), with officials from MI, and ISI .. 6 member committee, with 4 ppl of Nawaz Sharif's choice... And u think...tht suchh a commitee can probe Nawaz Sharif and Maryam Nawaz links to dawn leaks.?
..everyone knows tht Maryam Nawaz is the real culprit....do u really think tht such committe, whose majority members are serving / retired govt officials, mostly from Punjab, will be able to tell abt real culprits? This exercise is exact repeat of model town JIT, where few police officials were made scapegoats

U said, there can be no NRO or matti pao..on such security breach..... Ppl of Pakistan are really taken as fools by everyone.... If this is not NRO, mukmuka and matti pao...then what else is? I can only imagine ..tht as we know now..this is another matti pao...what will be its repurcussions? Dawn leaks happened after none was punished in memo gate.. Lets see..what is the next step of these politicians after dawn leaks...Good luck for tht...

..i hope we dont hear words like breach of national security from army again in future.. Because we know what happens..in these cases...whether memo gate or dawn leaks.ie Mukmuka/NRO
Let's see what ISPR has to say about it? Because as I have already said this is more of a challenge and a test for PA and Gen. Raheel and Pakistani establishment. Do they have balls and energy to rise up to the challenge and mount befitting response? I'm waiting...neither very cynically nor very hopefully..I'm just waiting like the rest of the people but I must tell there is not a lot of time :)

Brilliant. Pakistani justice system in a nutshell

Let's see what ISPR has to say about it? Because as I have already said this is more of a challenge and a test for PA and Gen. Raheel and Pakistani establishment. Do they have balls and energy to rise up to the challenge and mount befitting response? I'm waiting...neither very cynically nor very hopefully..I'm just waiting like the rest of the people but I must tell there is not a lot of time :)

@bold... All they have is, silence... Gen Raheel Sharif is retiring at the end of this month.... I think..the committee might give its clean chit/matti pao verdict even before his retirement..and then everyone lives happily ever after... People were saying tht i am being cynical and whatnot.. Now tell me, after the constituition of this committee... Isnt it what i said earlier? Matti pao/NRO... We are fooled by everyone...

@bold... All they have is, silence... Gen Raheel Sharif is retiring at the end of this month.... I think..the committee might give its clean chit/matti pao verdict even before his retirement..and then everyone lives happily ever after... People were saying tht i am being cynical and whatnot.. Now tell me, after the constituition of this committee... Isnt it what i said earlier? Matti pao/NRO... We are fooled by everyone...
I won't say anything what will happen but I wonder then how these ghairatwalas, honorable, dignified, respectable people who took oath of safeguarding the country from both internal and external threats will be able to live and contain the screams of their conscience? if they let this happen.

After all, they have been making big claims and statements over the years.
I hope that will not be case and they will not compromise on the national security.

TBH, I will wait for enquiry to be concluded that verdict and findings are not out yet so there are certain things during enquiry proceedings will be asked to the suspects and then it will be concluded. There is no way that it is going to be like air int hot balloon. Let's wait for the conclusion that no matter what Government appoints and who as after all, on other hand, agencies does hold the detail of telephonic conversations as well as other evidences so even if PMLn house play something offensive or misleading, I am sure wouldn't go unchecked or unproven.

Yes, the head of committee etc could be in relations in close quarters of Government but it seems like, at-least let the process begun and come to conclusion that we would have a chance to curse the parties involved either from this side or another and if something, what you suspect happened, I am sure subjected party would be aware of what going to hit them next. Also, what if I am like waiting for them to commit a suicidal mistake as after all, I still have my cards in my hands that I know when to play so none can runaway like this. Let the enquiry be completed with a meaningful smile on other side of the table. You know what, such matters are like Now or Never in these days so the first question arises either we trust the institution(s) or not so if the answer is yes, no worries at all but when we do not trust the institution then no matter what, we will still hold grievances due to the results against our wish and whim.

Many factors are into play, so let see as there are more intelligent minds handling the matters as well as are aware about the aftermath in any case, rather us here.

@The Eagle its not a matter of..whether we trust the instituition or not.... Its more abt..what history tells us... Memogate was as serious a case, as this one.. Heck.. COAS and DG ISI of tht time, Gen Kiyani and Gen Pasha submitted their replies in SC, about memogate...tht it is a reality..and its against national security... I am sure, u remember tht.. It happened first time, tht COAS and DG ISI submitted their replies in SC, about a case...at tht time, many statements came regd memogate from army...... But then what? Did anything happen? Hussain Haqqani is a free man now in USA, lobbying against Pakistan...memo also had the blessings of zardari, then President... But Zardari too completed his term and is now in USA..... This is exactly the reason, we are cynical now...

Also.. Justice Retd Amir Raza Khan, was PML N nominee for caretaker CM in Punjab in 2013 elections...although there are rumors on news channels ..tht Justice Retd Amir Raza might withdraw himself from the committee... One member of the committee is a friend of Rana Mashood, punjab education minister, the same Guy famous for video scandal regd corruption... nominee from FIA is Director FIA (Punjab).... Its more like a punjab govt committee ..than fed level... Sec establishment , now, part of commitee, was earlier in Punjab, now transferred to federal govt.. Every news channel is saying tht this commitee is nothing more than a joke... And u say, it doesnt matter,,whoever is in the committee? If 4 out of 6 members..give one verdict..then what will be the final recommendation of this commitee? Also, report of this commitee wil not come in public.....but report of the committee will be given to the Prime Minister (himself a culprit) .... This committee will complete its findings in 1month( 1 month has passed already.. Now one more month ) to be submitted to the PM

Last edited:
5820930bb147b.jpg

ISLAMABAD (Dunya News) - In a recent development in controversial story matter, an investigation committee has been formed by the government to look into the matter in full detail and also to find out the real causation associated with the story. The committee will be headed by Justice (retd) Amir Raza Khan and will also include one member each from the ISI, MI and IB.

The investigation committee will probe the controversial story in full detail and will also summon journalist Cyril Almeida for finding out all the relevant facts associated with the issue.

http://dunyanews.tv/en/Pakistan/359968-Govt-constitutes-investigation-committee-to-probe-

Note: Still waiting for something being cooked in GHQ as was being told by some members to handle this. Looks like that there is shortage of gas in GHQ's mess :D
mitti pao commission tyar
just one word - hogwash

the Prime Minister (himself a culprit) ....

Then whoever heads the Committee, it wouldn't matter but what really matters, let the culprit unveil itself before the public after all why to push institutions towards conflict, that what PMLN wants but let him suicide so the end results matters. The committee is already controversial so wouldn't impact much that what we fear, still a good job isn't it.

Kiyani and Zardari Era is known to everyone that he was more of concerned to cigar than Pakistan hence Zardari was lucky that ruled instead be hanged.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom