What's new

Google Exec Sees India Bigger, Badder Than China

Seriously these google guys cant even hide their hate for china properly. He is an idiot not a mathematician.
Why china is not launching Baidu in pakistan. They are surely to receive a huge recption. Youtube (goolge inc) is blocked in pakistan anyway so baidu can occupy the gap.
I think the problem is localization issues. Before launching in Pakistan, Baidu should joint Pakistan internet enterprises. Because Pakistani culture is broad and profound, bountiful.

No, the information you got is not accurate. China don't banned Google and it's products. Google localization is not better than Baidu, Google's threat to withdraw from the Chinese market to blackmail the government. So most Chinese people don't like google, Now Google wants to return , but most chinese people don't welcome it.

That would be the kind of National pride I admire. I wish my fellow Pakistanis had it too.

You are not exactly right. I am a baidu Japanese user. Try baidu.co.jp.

Yep, there is a Japan subsidiary.

It is easier since Japanese use Chinese characters (Kanji) for most of their written vocabulary.

But moving to a non-East Asian language is not so easy.

It is getting funny hindustan has to always mention China, Why artificially boast and inflate oneself China is in another league far far ahead.

Just by seeing and maths does not work the real implementation reflects and works and that is the real maths not paper calculations which is non existent in hindustan so Eric I know you felt the heat and lost in China don't cry over it.

it is not hindustan but google executive..
about the boasting thing,you guys also draw comparisons between india and pak even though u know that india is ahead..so it is better if you take the heat......

frankly speaking,many countries have a major competitor which is bigger and perhaps better than itself this may be due to past conflicts,partition or just a natural competition.. e.g

1.india-china

2.usa-china

3.india-pak

4.brazil-argentina

5.iran-israel

the weaker country always tries to compare itself to the bigger one no matter if they lag behind,this is very natural and humane..

india was pak obsessed earlier,but in the past 10-20 years,there has been a shift in our policy... and now we see china as our major competitor..

so,this comparison tendency is very natural...

It is getting funny hindustan has to always mention China, Why artificially boast and inflate oneself China is in another league far far ahead.

Just by seeing and maths does not work the real implementation reflects and works and that is the real maths not paper calculations which is non existent in hindustan so Eric I know you felt the heat and lost in China don't cry over it.

Wow guys; people read the article first, it's the Google Executive, quoted in a foreign paper. How does India mentioning Cina factor into this?

so,this comparison tendency is very natural...

It's not natural at all, it's embarrassing -- as long as you guys keep doing this you keep reinforcing the notion that you have no internal or self worth, that it only exists in relation to some other.

You are not exactly right. I am a baidu Japanese user. Try baidu.co.jp.
Baidu entered Japan market in 2006,but didnt show well there,it lose money there every year.
Baidu entered Vietnam one year ago,growing fast.hope it can go to your country someday in future

It's not natural at all, it's embarrassing -- as long as you guys keep doing this you keep reinforcing the notion that you have no internal or self worth, that it only exists in relation to some other.

sir,comparison is a way to know where we stand..and of course i dont support the lunatics who say trash in name of comparison..

i am talking of a sensible comparison...like perhaps the gdp,literacy rate,poverty rate etc...

Yep, there is a Japan subsidiary.

It is easier since Japanese use Chinese characters (Kanji) for most of their written vocabulary.

But moving to a non-East Asian language is not so easy.

Neither is difficult. Tech giant like Baidu is good enough to launch one. Non Asia language kit....

I avoid all kinds of google thing.

I am currently fascinated with UC browser on my Nokia handset. I even use Wechat to call my wife. I'd say Chinese software firms are doing great.

....so much better than one braggart software superpower...:woot:

sir,comparison is a way to know where we stand..and of course i dont support the lunatics who say trash in name of comparison..

i am talking of a sensible comparison...like perhaps the gdp,literacy rate,poverty rate etc...

Rubbish!! Setting goals and achieving them is the best way to know where you stand -- Be your own measure of things, let it come from inside, based on criteria you judge to be the best

I used to only use Google, but now when I am in China, Google is quite shiiity to use. They are kicked out from China, having their China web located in Hongkong. They were so arrogant and they fought Chinese authority for political issues. They ain't so competitive on Chinese market now.

It's better for Indians to have Google, anyways.

Rubbish!! Setting goals and achieving them is the best way to know where you stand -- Be your own measure of things, let it come from inside, based on criteria you judge to be the best

then we should do away with grading/ranking in school?

then we should do away with grading/ranking in school?

Grading and ranking in school and comparing yourselves with others are different issues - if you wish to think of yourselves as children, be my guest --- Achievement, accomplishment, that is created by setting your own standard, that is achievement that cannot be denied. Why always in catch up mode? Set your own standard.

sir,how do we set standards??it is like asking a fighter to(let us say) physically train himself and reach his own standard.
of course some desirable standards have to be set...and this comes from a relative comparison..in this case perhaps his next opponent..or perhaps the champion...

and comparison is a natural trait in human beings.

Back
Top Bottom