What's new

Google Chromebook copies Apple

A1Kaid

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Well what do you know, I've seen the new Google Chromebook and exterior wise it copies off of Apple's Macbook lineup. Everything from the packaging, the power adapter, keyboard design, laptop design, even similar material usage.

So take a look at this copy-cat Google Chromebook, very original.
314324-chromebook-pixel.jpg

Chromebook is on the left, Macbook Pro on right

Chromebook_Pixel_35618557-1_610x435.jpg

They even copied off the Macbook power adapter.

Google Chromebook Pixel power adapter.
04-power-cords.jpg

Apple power adapter, classic square block design by Apple for power adapters for their laptop line.
A1184-Apple85W.jpg

Google Chromebook side view (aluminum casing)
pixelpixelleadjtcbwm.jpg

Apple Macbook Pro side view (aluminum casing)
150605770-side-view-of-an-apple-macbook-pro-session-gettyimages.jpg

Goolge even copied off of Apple laptop name calling their product "ChromeBOOK" knowing Apple's name for their laptop line is "MacBOOK".

Conclusion, Google like Samsung has copied a lot off of Apple hardware aesthetics and design. Apple should really sue these <EDITED> if they infringed any copy-right designs.

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."

Incoming another billion dollar lawsuit from Apple. I wonder how many times it will work after samsung.

Incoming another billion dollar lawsuit from Apple. I wonder how many times it will work after samsung.

Google deserves it, though let Apple decide if legal action is necessary by the looks of it it could be a possibility.

This is not the case if infringement . Apple has no case at the moment .

microsoft should sue apple because apply copied its windows idea

The only concern is that you cannot install desktop applications.

Chrome book is cheap too. I am considering buying it.

Chrome book is cheap too. I am considering buying it.

Chromebook is cheap but not the Chromebook Pixel which is the new one. Chromebook cost ~$250, Chromebook pixel is minimum ~$1,500. The one in this thread is Chromebook Pixel.

Google may copy in the beginning but the eventually branch off in a different direction. Plus Google bought companies with large patent pools like Motorola. I doubt they will get sued.

Yes its a copy rectangle is patent to Apple so it is a copy wait scrolling and trackpad is a copy patent to Apple.

It is 2013 it is no longer the era of design copy. And if you want to know here is a bad thing about macbooks they overheat alot that is because they heat regulation has been restricted just for aesthetic looks.

This Apple being copied again is a old blame game it should end by now, Apple should focus on delivering out of the box technologies high end equipment and better OS that does not restrict users it is an OS which is rightly labelled deliberate controlled environment, guess what the new things coming to Apple Macbooks-Air/iMac users in 2014-2015: You won't be able to download Apps [software/games etc] that aren't Signed or approved by Apple this means even if you try to download torrent office for apple burn and try to install it won't until you buy it from Apple store for computers:omghaha: busted.

The way I see it Apple is the one that is going to copy atleast in mobile arena to keep alive that is next iphone could be 4.5/4-7 inch or people are really going to ditch iphone for samsung galaxy line up, HTC, ZTE, Huewei [if i spelled it right].

heard about it.but didn't know it was gonna be so similar.thanks to the thread starter.

Yes its a copy rectangle is patent to Apple so it is a copy wait scrolling and trackpad is a copy patent to Apple.

It is 2013 it is no longer the era of design copy. And if you want to know here is a bad thing about macbooks they overheat alot that is because they heat regulation has been restricted just for aesthetic looks.

This Apple being copied again is a old blame game it should end by now, Apple should focus on delivering out of the box technologies high end equipment and better OS that does not restrict users it is an OS which is rightly labelled deliberate controlled environment, guess what the new things coming to Apple Macbooks-Air/iMac users in 2014-2015: You won't be able to download Apps [software/games etc] that aren't Signed or approved by Apple this means even if you try to download torrent office for apple burn and try to install it won't until you buy it from Apple store for computers:omghaha: busted.

The way I see it Apple is the one that is going to copy atleast in mobile arena to keep alive that is next iphone could be 4.5/4-7 inch or people are really going to ditch iphone for samsung galaxy line up, HTC, ZTE, Huewei [if i spelled it right].

sir, I sincerely hope that they do it.

;)Apple users get ready to replace macs and welcome to Windows because no outside Apple store or torrent download software/movie/song is going to work on Apple devices in the future unless it is purchased directly from Apple store.

Another innovation "restricting you in all possible ways".:lol:

;)Apple users get ready to replace macs and welcome to Windows because no outside Apple store or torrent download software/movie/song is going to work on Apple devices in the future unless it is purchased directly from Apple store.

Another innovation "restriction you in all possible way".:lol:

You really have no idea what you're talking about. Enjoy your virus prone Windows.

Back
Top Bottom