What's new

Germany, France to jointly develop 'Leopard 3' tank

To maximize competitive edge, the designers have consciously avoided the long-haul market. The market for wide-bodied passenger aircraft is dominated by Boeing and Airbus. It would be pointless to compete with their latest designs, such as the Boeing-787 Dreamliner or the giant Airbus A-380, which can seat between 500 and 800 passengers. The niche for narrow-bodied jet liners carrying 150 to 180 travelers is another matter. True, there are rival models here, too: particularly the Boeing-737, the Airbus A-320. But Airbus is set to phase out the A-320 to provide room for new orders. By the time the MS-21 is certified and airborne, A-320s will no longer be produced, leaving a gap in the market that Irkut hopes to exploit.
The problem with the MS-21 is this - its "estimated" introduction / certification date was seen as being "around" the year 2015. By that time most of the aircraft it was designed to "replace" will more than likely have been retired and scrapped. Most of Russia's leading Airlines(Aeroflot and S-7 "Sibir" etc.) will have retired their IL-86 and Tu-154 after 2012. And those Airlines won't wait for the MS-21, they will buy A-320 or B-737.
By the end of 2013 the project was progressing to a first flight in June 2015 and certification two years later. Irkut claimed to have 256 commitments, of which 135 were firm, for the MC-21, which will be offered in two variants, a 150-seat -200 type and 181-seat -300 type. The narrowbody draws extensively on Western expertise, with Rockwell Collins avionics and, most notably, Pratt & Whitney's PW1000G geared turbofan engine. UTC Aerospace Systems (formerly Hamilton Sundstrand) and Zodiac are also suppliers.
MC21 / MS21

Irkut plans to complete certification of the Pratt & Whitney-powered PW1400G-powered MC-21-300 in 2017. Another version of the 180-seat-class aircraft with Aviadvigatel PD-14 engines is scheduled for certification a year later.
After entering service, Russian officials have said the aircraft will be rebranded as the Yak-242.
Irkut receives first groundbreaking structures for MC-21 - 4/16/2015 - Flight Global

You know I appreciate you LordTyredannus, if mostly for comic relief, but …
this kind of post bordering on personal death wishes if not menaces is going to get you in trouble, komsomolsk.

Besides, laugh all you want at Airbus, until Russia catches up to world first place in pax planes,
which judging by the SSJ saga is far in the future even with Boeing's help, it is all just jest and lies!

Come on, don't get your example from Markus, come back to your usual surrealist self
and have a good day, Tay.

Your kin is dying, dude. WTF you babbling about? look at your birth rates in france. Muslim immigrants outbreading you. Soon you will become the minority in france. Airbus is the least of your problems, froggybuoy.

lel

Your kin is dying, dude. WTF you babbling about? look at your birth rates in france. Muslim immigrants outbreading you. Soon you will become the minority in france. Airbus is the least of your problems, froggybuoy.

lel

I wouldn't go that far. I had kids including a boy so my job is done in that respect and besides,
I have no problem with some of my compatriots being Muslim so … no biggie really!

And it is a case of the pot calling the kettle black judging by Russia's demographics!
And on top, not quite mili related!

Relax, Max! Have a swig of that excellent vodka your country produces and talk to you later, Tay.

I wouldn't go that far. I had kids including a boy so my job is done in that respect and besides,
I have no problem with some of my compatriots being Muslim so … no biggie really!

And it is a case of the pot calling the kettle black judging by Russia's demographics!
And on top, not quite mili related!

Relax, Max! Have a swig of that excellent vodka your country produces and talk to you later, Tay.

what shall you say else? the stupid political correctness told you from your masters.

you are a good girl. want a cookie?

lel

French women do many babies,i can see many big families here. (For exemple,i have 3 kids,and soon 4,i'm not an immigrant or whatever) On average,more than 642.000 ethnic French babies born every year,to ~40-60.000 others.
According to insee,89.7% of the French population are ethnic French.
You should be worried about Russia,where the ethnic Russians are decreasing everywhere,where the population of the Caucasus is skyrocketing... The Russians slavic will probably be a minority in Russia by 2050... ? Make many babies,it's not too late. :)

French women do many babies,i can see many big families here. (For exemple,i have 3 kids,and soon 4,i'm not an immigrant or whatever) On average,more than 642.000 ethnic French babies born every year,to ~40-60.000 others.
According to insee,89.7% of the French population are ethnic French.
You should be worried about Russia,where the ethnic Russians are decreasing everywhere,where the population of the Caucasus is skyrocketing...

You are one of the last mohikans.. rofl

your kin is slowly dying out, dude.

you hear the muslim hordes outside of your small french village? they are coming for you and your family.

lel

You are one of the last mohikans.. rofl

your kin is slowly dying out, dude.

you hear the muslim hordes outside of your small french village? they are coming for you and your family.

lel

Haha,every year,French ethnic make more babies,so i'm not really worried,maybe we'll become a minority by 2954 haha.
Anyway,more and more Russians are coming to France (First nationality to be given the asylum),thank you. :)
Russia has no future.

what shall you say else? the stupid political correctness told you from your masters.

you are a good girl. want a cookie?

No, not political correctness, just my honest opinion ( I understand you may not know of such ).

But girl ? Really??? So not just racist are we, sexist as well? Besides, with my temperament, I would
certainly not have been a good one! :dirol:

You're really funny, Tay.

How very mature of you once more!

At some point, it won't be the PDF mods … I strongly suspect Russia will pull the plug on its troll
for making it look bad, assuming you even live there of course!

Bah, have fun kiddo, read you later, Tay.

How very mature of you once more!

At some point, it won't be the PDF mods … I strongly suspect Russia will pull the plug on its troll
for making it look bad, assuming you even live there of course!

Bah, have fun kiddo, read you later, Tay.

Buhu big bad Russia entered your worst nightmares, french baboon.

Mother Russia pays me well enough for my work. Don´t worry.

In your case...like Kissinger said "Western Military personel of nato and our allied forces, are just animals to waste for our political goals"

In your case...like Kissinger said "Western Military personel of nato and our allied forces, are just animals to waste for our political goals"

Well, I'm not active forces anymore so not my problem! And I trust our guys can handle yours.

Mother Russia pays me well enough for my work. Don´t worry.
But thanks for your acknowledgment of being a professional troll! Makes sense!

Have a good evening, Tay.

LOL That's funny, I don't remember you in my classes at Saumur or in Stage Co and so on
And trust me, I'd have noticed your big mouth when on brig detail! :D

Tay.

Edited : I just noticed your status. Oh well, it will keep for when your vacation is over, I guess!

Last edited:
last month i was in trip to Paris and Brussels and i will never forget one funny word from one chinese tourist.
We are in Congo or Paris....
Chinese guy has described French reality.

Back
Top Bottom