What's new

Germans who moved to Pakistan

Well, I am still here too, but I can tell you that in the last ten years, this forum has fallen a lot, just like Pakistan. And both are not done falling, either. :D
I am just glad that I managed to find good teachers like you on this forum. :-)

The older brother of one of my classmates way back in the 70s had a German wife. She was a terrific lady who chose to remain with her mother-in-law even after her husband died tragically. She knew many older Germans in Pakistan. I could tell many personal stories of how Pakistani society was back then that gave her the confidence to stay, but it would hurt too much, compared to today.

My grandpa told me he met a German couple in Quetta in the 1960s. He said old Quetta (pre-1980s) was peaceful and beautiful. He also said that his father (my great grandfather) also said that Quetta, before the catastrophic 1935 earthquake, was also extremely beautiful.

LOL. I am a student myself, with lots left to learn. :D
Aren't we all?

2134210754-Teacher-Confucius-quotes.jpg

Well, I am still here too, but I can tell you that in the last ten years, this forum has fallen a lot, just like Pakistan. And both are not done falling, either. :D

I joined this forum in 2009. Actually earlier under a different account but could not change my username at the time, so i created this one. It's full of egoistic, self-delusional as well as self-hating types.

There is nothing wrong with population growth as long as it is managed properly. Almost 40 million people live in Tokyo and it is one of the most livable cities on Earth.

Japan's population is under control plus they had lots of foreign aid in the post WW2 era. Their cities are very densely designed.

It's a bad comparison. Population growth, as long as it's limited & sustainable is fine. But nothing more than that is helpful.

Japan barely has 125 million people and is heading downwards.

Last edited:
You are thinking exclusively of overpopulation, which country is close to default, Pakistan or India? Which country is preferred for investment Pakistan or India?

India is doing better than us

Damn right they are. 🤡

World's largest poor population. More than half a billion without toilets. Most polluted cities in the world.

Damn right they are "doing better than us." Higher standard of living and sustainable living is what counts in the end not money, which cannot compensate environmental desecration.

Go tell all the slum dwellers about the foreign investments.

Exploiting resources and creating pollution for the sake of circulating $$$ is the opposite of prosperity.

There is nothing wrong with population growth as long as it is managed properly. Almost 40 million people live in Tokyo and it is one of the most livable cities on Earth.

Also Tokyo is a very densely designed city. Plus Japan at a population of about 123 million has a stable water supply because of it's climate. Too many different variables & circumstances.

Pakistan is a disaster. Relying on a river system and misusing it to grow more crops and fueling population growth.

LOL. I am a student myself, with lots left to learn. :D

Likewise for me. I quit my career to be a pilot after i realized I was spending my time reading about intellectual topics weather history, anthropology, ecology, paranormal.

There really is no point spending one precious life inside cockpits. Better to learn all I can in this life.

There was a German lady that lived in my nana’s pind.

My nana was a zamindar so on occasion he would see her ploughing the field on a tractor and be like ‘what a woman!’.

:lol:
Speaking of my grandpa (paternal) took the words of the founding fathers too seriously. Humei bohat bada mulk mila hai. So he went on a producing spree of 16 kids (1 wife, no twins). Some miscarriages, some died few months old, not counting 16.

He passed away before I was born though.

I am glad he didn’t meet the German nani.

:lol:

It's hard to imagine such a Pakistan today, it fell off so hard. Likely due to constant war and then when the educated civilised folk died off or left. Left with the backwards folk which then became part of the government and it went to shit.

The British influenced and educated folk were not as incompetent or corrupt

Source of all ills point to Pakistan Army but lot of people are still in denial and believe on ISPR songs. Too much power given to generals without any check....off course by crooked politicians to safeguard their crookedness. Manzoors Pashteen slogan has some truth in it because war brings Dollar bags.

Source of all ills point to Pakistan Army but lot of people are still in denial and believe on ISPR songs. Too much power given to generals without any check....off course by crooked politicians to safeguard their crookedness. Manzoors Pashteen slogan has some truth in it because war brings Dollar bags.
I agree with first point but not second, war damages the economy and business more than actually bringing dollars, and there's countless reasons for terror groups in pakistan that have a legitamate source.

I know one of German friends he immigrated to Brazil & used to work for VW in Sao Paulo, now he has State of art house somewhere in Deep Amazon Forest - living off grid.

Back
Top Bottom