What's new

Germans who moved to Pakistan

_NOBODY_

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I somehow came across some incredibly fascinating comments on a YouTube short regarding Germans who moved to Pakistan in 1940s. I know that +28000 Polish refugees migrated to Pakistan in 1940s but I had no idea that Germans also migrated here. Here are those comments:

Comments 1, 2 and 4 are by the same person.

Comment 1: This happened with a friend of my dad’s when he was younger. This German family moved to Pakistan from Argentina (Correction Edit: Paraguay) , they had multiple children. One of the kids was actually adopted and Hispanic. Well, that kid was a HUGE history buff, specifically a WWII buff. He always knew his dad had some experience in WWII but the dad was always very vague and never talked about it. Well one day, the kid manages to get ahold of an old scrapbook or book (???) with photos dating back to the war and brought it to show my dad and friends. As they turned through the pages however, it turned out dad was in the SS, even standing in the same photo with Heinrich Himmler. Don’t know what his dad’s role exactly was in the war but it must have been important enough for fucking Himmler to come down and visit. The dad later found out and got incredibly pissed with the poor kid, and tore out the page with his picture so it could never be found again. But yeah just imagine you are casually studying WWII, find a cool looking book with photos from the war and then your dad is standing alongside Himmler.
💀

Comment 2: My dad’s half German half Pakistani and there was a fairly large European community in Karachi where he lived. Apparently his grandfather (mom’s dad) got conscripted during the last few months of the war in the German army and sent to the Eastern front. My great-granddad was a priest, and he did not support the Nazi regime. Last thing he wanted to do was fight a dead man’s war. So, on his first day deployed in the Eastern front, he straight up just left. Great grandad had to hide himself in the countryside and survive for around two months (before the war ended) before he was able to travel back home to my Oma and the rest of his family in Thüringen. What a badass.

Comment 3: Yeah well, a lot of them ran away from the war itself, before trials even existed. There's a fair amount of deserted Germans in Pakistan that were drafted to the front.

Comment 4: My Oma actually married my Pakistani Opa, and that’s how my family ended up in Pakistan at one point, not her dad (Ironic that he was a priest and Oma married a Muslim man lol). Still, I wouldn’t be surprised!

Edit: Talked to my dad and yeah, it wasn’t just that family I talked about. The mother of another friend of my dad’s, her dad was the mayor of a town nearby Himmler’s birthplace and actually had Himmler enter HER OWN HOUSE…

@Deino @SQ8 @RescueRanger @LeGenD @PanzerKiel @VCheng Do you gentlemen know anything about Germans migrating to Pakistan in the 1940s?

@Deino @SQ8 @RescueRanger @LeGenD @PanzerKiel @VCheng Do you gentlemen know anything about Germans migrating to Pakistan in the 1940s?

The older brother of one of my classmates way back in the 70s had a German wife. She was a terrific lady who chose to remain with her mother-in-law even after her husband died tragically. She knew many older Germans in Pakistan. I could tell many personal stories of how Pakistani society was back then that gave her the confidence to stay, but it would hurt too much, compared to today.

Last edited:
The older brother of one of my classmates way back in the 70s had a German wife. She was a terrific lady who chose to remain with her mother-in-law even after her husband die tragically. She knew many older Germans in Pakistan. I could tell many personal stories of how Pakistani society was back then that gave her the confidence to stay, but it would hurt too much, compared to today.

That's amazing. I hope one day a book is written on this or their accounts are made public on social media.

One doesn't simply ask Argentinians with German last name about their past. :D

There were a lot more Germans in Egypt who blended in with the local population much better than in Pakistan . :D

There were a lot more Germans in Egypt who blended in with the local population much better than in Pakistan . :D
Egypt is basically Pakistan with one ethnicity, no terrorism and a much harsher military class/ virtually no democracy or freedom of speech

same crappy economic policies, reliance on Saudia and IMF

I somehow came across some incredibly fascinating comments on a YouTube short regarding Germans who moved to Pakistan in 1940s. I know that +28000 Polish refugees migrated to Pakistan in 1940s but I had no idea that Germans also migrated here. Here are those comments:

Comments 1, 2 and 4 are by the same person.

Comment 1: This happened with a friend of my dad’s when he was younger. This German family moved to Pakistan from Argentina (Correction Edit: Paraguay) , they had multiple children. One of the kids was actually adopted and Hispanic. Well, that kid was a HUGE history buff, specifically a WWII buff. He always knew his dad had some experience in WWII but the dad was always very vague and never talked about it. Well one day, the kid manages to get ahold of an old scrapbook or book (???) with photos dating back to the war and brought it to show my dad and friends. As they turned through the pages however, it turned out dad was in the SS, even standing in the same photo with Heinrich Himmler. Don’t know what his dad’s role exactly was in the war but it must have been important enough for fucking Himmler to come down and visit. The dad later found out and got incredibly pissed with the poor kid, and tore out the page with his picture so it could never be found again. But yeah just imagine you are casually studying WWII, find a cool looking book with photos from the war and then your dad is standing alongside Himmler.
💀

Comment 2: My dad’s half German half Pakistani and there was a fairly large European community in Karachi where he lived. Apparently his grandfather (mom’s dad) got conscripted during the last few months of the war in the German army and sent to the Eastern front. My great-granddad was a priest, and he did not support the Nazi regime. Last thing he wanted to do was fight a dead man’s war. So, on his first day deployed in the Eastern front, he straight up just left. Great grandad had to hide himself in the countryside and survive for around two months (before the war ended) before he was able to travel back home to my Oma and the rest of his family in Thüringen. What a badass.

Comment 3: Yeah well, a lot of them ran away from the war itself, before trials even existed. There's a fair amount of deserted Germans in Pakistan that were drafted to the front.

Comment 4: My Oma actually married my Pakistani Opa, and that’s how my family ended up in Pakistan at one point, not her dad (Ironic that he was a priest and Oma married a Muslim man lol). Still, I wouldn’t be surprised!

Edit: Talked to my dad and yeah, it wasn’t just that family I talked about. The mother of another friend of my dad’s, her dad was the mayor of a town nearby Himmler’s birthplace and actually had Himmler enter HER OWN HOUSE…

Yallah I never knew this, this and many other things explains adds or contributes to the messed up mentality of today's Pakistan.

They specially choose Pakistan, in those days things were heavily racist and Pakistan must have been thought as the lost Europeans. That's the same reason why load of them went to Argentina. Also relatively good standard of living in comparison to other places in that era as well.

Yallah I never knew this, this and many other things explains adds or contributes to the messed up mentality of today's Pakistan.

They specially choose Pakistan, in those days things were heavily racist and Pakistan must have been thought as the lost Europeans. That's the same reason why load of them went to Argentina. Also relatively good standard of living in comparison to other places in that era as well.
???

messed up mentality how? and from german migration how?

Pakistan Airforce was affectionately called Polish Airforce, as most of its founding fathers and pioneers were Polish officers formerly inducted in RAF at the start of WW2. Post WW2 RAF unceremoniously shed them and asked to return to Poland which by that time was falling behind the iron curtain. These officers stayed behind to shape the fledging service.
Many of my father's instructors and teachers at PAF Lowertopa circa 1950s were Polish officers of impeccable character and aptitude.

Lest we forget -- Our unsung and forgotten heroes, to whom we owe a tremendous debt.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom