What's new

German WW2 and pre-WW2 March Songs

Not too sure about any of that. We ought to (and it will be nice if you do too) consider them just as Military Marching Songs of the the Wehrmacht and/or its predecessors.

Where did i say they weren't military songs? I have mentioned "German WW2 Military March Songs" in everyone of my post. Don't jump to conclusions.

Love for the Vaterland and all that was relevant only to some people.

"relevant to some people"???? So you mean to say only a few people loved their country? Tells a lot about how much you know.

As a school-boy (in India), I learnt "Lorelei", though I also knew how that song was given colors and connotations by various people during the war.
Though, i don't know what you mean by "given colors and connotations", but songs have evolved with the passage of time, and the same (regarding what you said) can also be said about other songs from various countries, be it during peacetime or war time.

And that song had nothing to do with "Der Vaterland" unlike "Sieg Heil".

Lorelei is a German Folk Song, it mentions Maidens and Fairies, and it originated in Germany (obviously), so yes it does have a lot to do with the Fatherland (Germany).

Also, i will ignore further posts, i can't have my thread derailed since this is a thread about German Military March songs.

German Military Marches - Die Braune Kompanie:

Last edited by a moderator:
Luftwaffe Marsch:

Panzerlied as sung in the Film Battle of the Bulge:

Luftwaffe March as in the film battle of Britain:

This version is the best one on youtube in my opinion:

Erika Instrumental (good quality):

Oh please, the allies didn't start WW2. It was the Germans fault.

Actually it was the Allies fault, they put heavy restrictions on Germany after WW1, that led to the rise of Hitler and the Nazi party which proposed to break those restrictions. If Germany had been given a fair hand after WW1, there would be no WW2.

Actually it was the Allies fault, they put heavy restrictions on Germany after WW1, that led to the rise of Hitler and the Nazi party which proposed to break those restrictions. If Germany had been given a fair hand after WW1, there would be no WW2.

By the fall of 1939, Germany was prosperous, growing economically, poised for an era of great advancement. Somehow, they managed to shrug off those "unfair" dicta from the Versailles Treaty. Yet they decided to annex the Sudetenland, Austria, Czechoslovakia, then launch a blitz on Poland and then France and the Low Countries.

So they had a choice in 1939 - launch WW2 in Europe, or press on with a glowing domestic program. They chose war. You can't blame that decision in 1938 and 1939 on WW1.

:blink: They invaded Belgium in WW1. Therefore they were the aggressors. So heavy restrictions justifies starting a war which kills tens of millions???

By the fall of 1939, Germany was prosperous, growing economically, poised for an era of great advancement. Somehow, they managed to shrug off those "unfair" dicta from the Versailles Treaty. Yet they decided to annex the Sudetenland, Austria, Czechoslovakia, then launch a blitz on Poland and then France and the Low Countries.

So they had a choice in 1939 - launch WW2 in Europe, or press on with a glowing domestic program. They chose war. You can't blame that decision in 1938 and 1939 on WW1.

Chogy and 888Jaimie888, please take this discussion to the appropriate thread (http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...they-dont-want-you-listen-11.html#post2433648), this thread is specifically meant for German WW2 and pre-WW2 March Songs.

Thank you

BOMBEN AUF ENGLAND, some good Luftwaffe aerial art

Back
Top Bottom