What's new

German investors to set up solar power plant

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
730357-solarpanelxcopy-1404322623-391-640x480.jpg

LAHORE: German investors are planning to establish a solar power plant at Rachna Industrial Park on the Lahore-Sheikhupura road.

The plant is expected to be operational by the first quarter of 2015 and will produce 3 megawatt electricity for factory owners of the industrial park.

This was stated by Mohsin Syed, chief executive officer (CEO) at National Industrial Park Management and Development Company, while talking to reporters on Wednesday.

“The plant will ensure uninterrupted power supply to the factories at Rachna Industrial Park,” he stated.

He said 16-20 factories would be operational and another 15-20 factories would be in the construction phase by the end of the second quarter of 2015.

While speaking about the rate of electricity for industrial units, he said uninterrupted would be ensured to industrialists and they would be charged at utility tariff.

To a question, he said 80 percent construction of the link road on the left side of upper Chenab canal had been completed which would link the Rachna Industrial Park to the motorway, Lahore Sheikhupura road, Faisalabad and other parts of the province directly.

German investors to set up solar power plant – The Express Tribune

Nice, but why cant we have our own industry building AMG level batteries and solar panels, so we have more and more solar parks build with minimum time, effort and financial support.

Nice, but why cant we have our own industry building AMG level batteries and solar panels, so we have more and more solar parks build with minimum time, effort and financial support.
As far as solar panel manufacturing is concerned, there is only one word that matters: Purified Silicone!

We do not produce it, because we have no semiconductor manufacturing industry to speak of. We can not be a really cost-effective producer without bulk production of semiconductor electronic parts. Until that happens, economies of scale would not work in our favor.

As far as solar panel manufacturing is concerned, there is only one word that matters: Purified Silicone!

We do not produce it, because we have no semiconductor manufacturing industry to speak of. We can not be a really cost-effective producer without bulk production of semiconductor electronic parts. Until that happens, economies of scale would not work in our favor.

For semiconductors manufacturing you need reliable power supply and a very high skilled labour force. For that you need engineers and scientists who are trained in places like Europe, USA, Korea etc. Unless that happens, we cannot get on this high tech bandwagon.

Like here, Samsung lost millions just due to power outage.
DailyTech - Power Outage at Samsung Frightens Flash Memory Market

Thing is, until we don't move into direction of becoming totally independent. We wont be able to break the barrier of growth which is currently required for Pakistan to get out.

If I was PM, I would list down each and everything, which we import. Cars, Power, Chemicals for Textiles, etc, all industry should be raised to a level, that we don't require any support from other countries. Where, our exports take over imports. Without such steps, what ever we do, how hard we do, It will never be enough.

Being Independent is pretty cool idea, And when I learned it first time in my life, it become my first and last love.

Thing is, until we don't move into direction of becoming totally independent. We wont be able to break the barrier of growth which is currently required for Pakistan to get out.

If I was PM, I would list down each and everything, which we import. Cars, Power, Chemicals for Textiles, etc, all industry should be raised to a level, that we don't require any support from other countries. Where, our exports take over imports. Without such steps, what ever we do, how hard we do, It will never be enough.

Being Independent is pretty cool idea, And when I learned it first time in my life, it become my first and last love.

I partly agree.

We have to be selective about import substitution. Pakistan Steel Mills effectively killed our engineering industry. It is still exacting a very very heavy toll on our economy.

Government can provide incentives to develop particular sectors. We have to be smart like Malaysia.

We can not substitute everything we import. We must recognize that we can not have competitive advantage in every field.

The best policy might be to identify particular sectors for growth according to our strengths. It would be pointless to launch a local car brand for example. But if we can manage it, we should try to foster electronics assembly industry that can then help establish a local electronic components industry. So on a so forth.

Back
Top Bottom