What's new

German citizen sentenced to death for double killing despite Berlin protests

If for example Uyghur terrorists go chop people with knives on street does it mean police pulling the trigger is murdering terrorists and are just as barbaric as the killers? When there's undeniable proof, pulling the trigger at the scene of the crime or sending these criminals to firing squad after being captured and trialed is justifiable. Keeping terrorists/killers alive is a waste of tax money and jail space even if these people are made to do labor work and never get released.

If for example Uyghur terrorists go chop people with knives on street does it mean police pulling the trigger is murdering terrorists and are just as barbaric as the killers? When there's undeniable proof, pulling the trigger at the scene of the crime or sending these criminals to firing squad after being captured and trialed is justifiable. Keeping terrorists/killers alive is a waste of tax money and jail space even if these people are made to do labor work and never get released.

No, in that case it's either self-defence or defence of public safety. The German law has provision to allow the use of lethal force in these cases. But captured terrorists would get life sentence.

No, in that case it's either self-defence or defence of public safety. The German law has provision to allow the use of lethal force in these cases. But captured terrorists would get life sentence.

You still haven't answered my post 29 :D , i'd like to know your opinion for replacing death penalty for those crimes.

Fact is this German is not wrongly sentenced. Proof is 100%, cannot be denied.
If you are against death penalty, what penalty do you think is appropriate for drug dealers, smuggling drugs, (serial) killers, (serial) rapists, corruption which led to lost of lives etc.

I didn't see this post.

All of them should should get either life sentence (murderer/ serial killers and drug dealers of hard drugs) or long sentence (drug dealers of soft drugs like cannabis) depending on the damage they have done to society and repay them by working in jail till the debt is paid.

I didn't see this post.

All of them should should get either life sentence (murderer/ serial killers and drug dealers of hard drugs) or long sentence (drug dealers of soft drugs like cannabis) depending on the damage they have done to society and repay them by working in jail till the debt is paid.

what is the value of this debt? what is the value of lives? by working in jail i fail to see how this can repay the debts the criminals owe to society. Labor in jail doesn't mean much to be honest, factory workers can do that too, even prisoners (who committed less serious crimes) do that in China. So why spare the lives of those who committed very serious crimes? I believe the majority in China doesn't oppose capital punishment.

Revenge is just one aspect of consideration. the more important part is deterrent. other people would consider twice before commit similar crime again.

Makes sense, but has it worked?

what is the value of this debt? what is the value of lives? by working in jail i fail to see how this can repay the debts the criminals owe to society. Labor in jail doesn't mean much to be honest, factory workers can do that too, even prisoners (who committed less serious crimes) do that in China. So why spare the lives of those who committed very serious crimes? I believe the majority in China doesn't oppose capital punishment.

Until WWII, most Germans were pro capital punishment as well. So, that's not a good excuse. The fact that capital punishment can be abused and mistakes can happen is reason enough to abolish it.

I just hope someday China will get there as well. Just imagine a family member or a dear friend gets killed mistakenly by the state ...

Until WWII, most Germans were pro capital punishment as well. So, that's not a good excuse. The fact that capital punishment can be abused and mistakes can happen is reason enough to abolish it.

I just hope someday China will get there as well. Just imagine a family member or a dear friend gets killed mistakenly by the state ...

The family of the victims would certainly disagree with you as they seek justice for them. Imagine if you would be murdered (whether intentionally or unintentionally), can you say your parents, wife, children, friends don't demand justice for your death when the killer is caught? I doubt they would be happy if the killer is sentenced to life instead a one way ticket to the firing squad.

The family of the victims would certainly disagree with you as they seek justice for them. Imagine if you would be murdered (whether intentionally or unintentionally), can you say your parents, wife, children, friends don't demand justice for your death when the killer is caught? I doubt they would be happy if the killer is sentenced to life instead a one way ticket to the firing squad.

They don't seek justice, they seek revenge.

I'm 100% sure that me or my family would also seek justice, but certainly not revenge. My family and I would want that person to be put behind bars for the rest of his/her life and work his/her arse off.

An eye for an eye makes the world go blind.

Everyone is entitled to view capital punishment as revenge or justice. Since the murder took place in China, the killer will won't get away with life sentence.

Drinking water in excess also kills a man. All weapons, drugs, rules can be abused and that is not the reason to ban it.

I am all for equal retaliation. I am also pretty sure that is majority in China, so I don't bother German convention or some philosophical argument. Arguing on PDF also changes nothing.

Everyone is entitled to view capital punishment as revenge or justice. Since the murder took place in China, the killer will won't get away with life sentence.

Well, most of us are in this forum to have a little bit of fun and at times have some intelligent and meaningful exchange of ideas. I would be the last one to tell how China should act, since this court setting has been fair and square according Chinese law. Since the murderer is my compatriot, I of course have an interest in his verdict.

How will they carry out the death sentence? Firing squad? Lethal injection ? Hanging ?

Back
Top Bottom