What's new

GEN.RAHEEL SHERIF RETIREMENT: STEP FORWARD OR STEP BACKWARD

Retirement or end of term is natural part of life , he also has family he wants to dedicate time to and have time to enjoy time in retirement

"If you need one person to change your destiny then you have not built a solid organization"
SAF

Things will be a lot clearer in next few months. Clearing of militant terrorist is a job well done, it cannot be completely wiped out as long as Afghanistan is under foreign occupation. I am more interested now about actions against financial terrorists, the economic hitmen.

Retirement or end of term is natural part of life , he also has family he wants to dedicate time to and have time to enjoy time in retirement

I remember a time when Captain Imran Khan annouced his retirement from cricket at age 32. He was called in by then President Zia to the presidency and on live PTV, Gen Zia said to Imran Khan" There comes a time in one's life when nation interest is more important than ones personal interest and I ask you to take back your decision in the nation interest of Pakistan." Few days later, Imran khan took his decision back and got us the World Cup. Hope it help to understand the point.

Things will be a lot clearer in next few months. Clearing of militant terrorist is a job well done, it cannot be completely wiped out as long as Afghanistan is under foreign occupation. I am more interested now about actions against financial terrorists, the economic hitmen.
bhai
The problem is laying your hands on certain elements including politicians and generals and other Army Professionals. So as long as we dont have the necessary legal infrastructure it will just be a case of Muk mukka.
A

For democracy and organizational stability its a huge step forward. We can't keep relying on one man despite my utmost wish that he takes extension and believe me amongst all our generals in history he has the most reason to take an extension as well as a track record that merits it.

Let's go forward with this and hope that the next COAS will be a good one and will emulate the laurels of his predecessor.

No matter what he stands amongst the finest COAS we have ever produced.

As per US, "it is good for Democracy" so this shows that US wants to see DEMOCRAZY in Pakistan. So it is a massive step backwards. As arrested rented terrorists are continuing to take India's name directly in terrorist activities against Pakistan, the corrupt & spineless politicians are contentiously ignoring this & are a protecting India's name. Is this not treachery against Pakistan? & US has become an obstacle in the way of PA from taking over & are protecting DEMOCRAZY in every possible way.

As per US, "it is good for Democracy" so this shows that US wants to see DEMOCRAZY in Pakistan. So it is a massive step backwards. As arrested rented terrorists are continuing to take India's name directly in terrorist activities against Pakistan, the corrupt & spineless politicians are contentiously ignoring this & are a protecting India's name. Is this not treachery against Pakistan? & US has become an obstacle in the way of PA from taking over & are protecting DEMOCRAZY in every possible way.
Didn't we say good bye to US dominance in Palistani Affairs when Kayani was a The COAS? I guess the nation is with Raheel Sherif but he is too "sherif".

very good step , and its very important new people came, and command the institutions, with new ground realities.

Institutions are more important than personalities. Let the institution grows . I am hopeful that with continuity, it will produce more RS in coming years. Nevertheless there are some fine Lt.Generals in line who are equally professional as RS. However Govt must use RS' s expertise to counter terrorism in some other role once he retires.

Didn't we say good bye to US dominance in Palistani Affairs when Kayani was a The COAS? I guess the nation is with Raheel Sherif but he is too "sherif".

You have no idea whats happening.

Yes very good step so maybe new one could be bought by corrupt leader and terrorism can go on for years.

Bro,
always be optimistic, one day Raheel sharif have to retire, new person have to take charge.

Not sure about the step backward, but definitely there will be a 1 year transition/pause. Something Pakistan cannot afford, COAS seems to want to enjoy retirement than further serve his country.

I hope the next COAS is as good but not selfish.

Back
Top Bottom