What's new

GCC States Economy & Development

@Bubblegum Crisis

Looks impressive as usual my friend. Please return to the forum we miss your presence.

News from the King Abdullah Economic City megaproject south of Rabigh in the Makkah Province and updates on the KAUST in Thuwal, Makkah Province.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Abdullah_Economic_City

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Abdullah_University_of_Science_and_Technology

eevRD.png

LfsTv.png

xdPLn.png

pKita.png

5w7D4.png

yUX3y.png

ic7jq.png

LTF6P.png

uJShB.png

BVLyZcyCIAA1YZG.jpg:large

http://www.almurooj.net

https://twitter.com/KAEC_Saudi

http://almurooj.net/assets/files/plotsForSale.pdf

http://kaec.net

http://www.almurooj.net/assets/files/flyerRiyadh.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Enjoy !

^^

KSA - King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST)

After only four years of existence (Inauguration in September 2009), this year, KAUST is entered masterfully in the prestigious ‘ARWU’s annual assessment of the world’s best 500 universities’.

Academic Ranking of World Universities - 2013

King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) : 422 (401-500)

Academic Ranking of World Universities - 2013| Top 500 universities | Shanghai Ranking - 2013 | World University Ranking - 2013

2012 Master's Graduate Paves Way for Saudi Scholars

Hashim Kamakhi was an industrial chemistry engineering student at the University of New South Wales in Australia when he first heard about KAUST in 2009. Born in Madinah, Saudi Arabia, he was immediately drawn to KAUST's bold aspiration of advancing science, technology, and economic development in his home country. After completing his bachelor's degree overseas, he returned to Saudi Arabia and sought the opportunity to contribute to the King's dream.

Kamakhi came to KAUST through the Saudi Development Program (SDP), an initiative of KAUST that identifies top Saudi talent for employment at the University. SDP is an 18-month acceleration program that attracts promising new graduates and provides the necessary coaching and support to transition participants into high-performing professionals equipped with relevant on-the-job skills.

Kamakhi's interest in water chemistry and technology made him an ideal candidate for the Analytical Core Lab (ACL). "Working as a research technician trainee exposed me to the amazing facilities at KAUST and I was able to gain valuable experience using highly technical equipment," said Kamakhi. "During my training rotation in ACL, I initially worked in the wet chemistry section performing sample analyses using instruments such as an elemental analyzer, photometric analyzer (Aquakem), and Total Organic Carbon (TOC). At a later stage of my rotation, I was responsible for the spectroscopy section assisting lab users and training them to use FT-IR, UV-Vis, and Raman Spectroscopy instruments."

Over the course of working in the lab and training students in analytical instruments and techniques, it become clear to Kamakhi that he had a growing interest in the University's master's program. "I was gaining valuable lab experience, but hearing students talk about their coursework and inspired professors, I realized I had a desire to return to the classroom to further complement my hands-on skills," Kamakhi said.

Once accepted to the chemical and biological engineering program, he made the complete transition to master's student. Delving into his studies and the application development side of water desalination technology, Kamakhi had the opportunity to gain experience with The Dow Chemical Company, a founding industrial partner of KAUST. "Last summer I spent an enriching three-month internship at the Dow Water and Process Solution (DW&PS) center in Tarragona, Spain. It was greatly beneficial and helped me shape my career path goals in research and development," remarks Kamakhi.

As a Class of 2012 graduate, Kamakhi will join The Dow Chemical Company as an application development engineer at the Dow Middle East and Africa R&D Center at KAUST. "Water technology is my passion - particularly membrane applications. There are endless opportunities associated with membrane technology and I am thankful for being enabled through my experience and education at KAUST to be a part of the global solution."

KAUST

But also…

Academic Ranking of World Universities - 2012

King Saud University : 212 (201-300)

King Abdulaziz University : 332 (301-400)

King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals : 333 (301-400)

Academic Ranking of World Universities - 2012| Top 500 universities | Shanghai Ranking - 2012 | World University Ranking - 2012

Academic Ranking of World Universities - 2013

King Saud University : 160 (151-200)

King Abdulaziz University : 213 (201-300)

King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals : 330 (301-400)

Academic Ranking of World Universities - 2013| Top 500 universities | Shanghai Ranking - 2013 | World University Ranking – 2013

Flashback (Continue… See old links) :

‘KAUST 1’

http://www.defence.pk/forums/arab-defence/243555-gcc-states-economy-development.html#post4119172

‘KAUST 2’

http://www.defence.pk/forums/arab-defence/243555-gcc-states-economy-development-2.html#post4135962

:yay:

Wonderful news, Bubblegum Crisis.

Kingdom Tower in Jeddah, Hijaz. Construction has started and it will be the highest skyscraper. More than 1.000 meters tall!

Details about the skyscraper (not fully confirmed):

Tower 1 and 2:
-50 floor
-200 m
-Located directly to the south of Kingdom Tower.

Tower 3, 4:
-50 floor
-200 m
-Located directly to the north of Kingdom Tower.

Tower 5, 6:
-56 floor
-220 m
-Located directly to the south of towers 1 and 2.

The base width is: 100 m (corner to corner)

Sky lobbies are on the floors: 74, 107

Observatory on the level 146

Penthouse on level 170

7522339lgkfgh5.jpg

3804501k261hgh.jpg

1625041ybhfd4fsd.jpg

3204262evdsc4ds.jpg

2qc0.jpg

09v3.jpg

wqax.jpg

iw1e.jpg

drl3.jpg

o9qz.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9nMGRHAc98

SR1.6tr reserves lift economy

Finance Minister Ibrahim Al-Assaf said on Tuesday that the Kingdom's public reserves of about SR1.6 trillion would be used wisely to support the economy.
“The amount will be invested in non-risky ventures after conducting detailed studies,” he told a Saudi channel after unveiling the 2014 budget that projected spending at SR855 billion, equal to the country's projected revenue.

Speaking about the SR206 billion surplus in 2013, he said Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah has approved an allocation of SR24 billion from the surplus to finance strategic road projects including the Jazan-Jeddah Expressway, SR20 billion for railway projects and SR10 billion to the Saudi Credit Bank. The rest would be kept in reserve, he said.

Economist Ihsan Buhulaiga told Arab News that the Kingdom's huge public reserves would enable it to balance the budget when oil revenues fall, without borrowing from others.
He said the new budget continues to focus on massive spending, which would boost the economy and create more jobs for citizens.

However, he said more effort must be made to increase GDP growth to more than five percent in the coming years. Al-Assaf also disclosed that development projects worth SR2 trillion are under construction across the Kingdom.

He downplayed the number of stalled projects but acknowledged that many projects were delayed due to a shortage of workers caused by the campaign against illegals.
He said the government had spent more than SR35 billion on the Hafiz program that provides unemployed Saudis SR1,500 to SR2,000 monthly. He said the government has reduced the number of rented school buildings from 50 to 16 percent.
Economy and Planning Minister Mohammed Al-Jasser said Saudi Arabia’s nonoil exports rose to SR200 billion this year from SR32 billion in 2001. He said more than a million Saudis found jobs in the last two years, including 750,000 in the private sector.

SR1.6tr reserves lift economy | Arab News — Saudi Arabia News, Middle East News, Opinion, Economy and more.

Saudi Arabia sets record $228bn budget for 2014

Saudi Arabia today set its 2014 budget spending at a record 855 billion riyals ($228bn), equal to the country’s projected revenues.

That spending figure marks a modest rise of 4.3 percent on planned spending in 2013, the finance minister announced in the country’s budget plan.

Saudi Arabia’s gross domestic product grew by an estimated 3.8 percent in 2013, compared with 5.8 percent in 2012, Reuters reported.

Economists said that the budget looked “healthy” but acknowledged that the rise in spending is much lower than in previous years.

“It’s a very solid and healthy budget in support of the government’s goals and planning,” John Sfakianakis, chief investment strategist at Saudi investment firm MASIC, told Al Arabiya News.

Spending is likely to be in “strategic sectors such as education, healthcare and infrastructure,” Sfakianakis added.

The announcement speech, read out on King Abdullah’s behalf by Secretary-General of the Cabinet Abdurahman Bin Mohammad al-Sadhan, confirmed this. The official stated that the budget aims to create more job opportunities for citizens and will focus on education, training, and health, in addition to developing and improving social and municipal services.

Sfakianakis confirmed that the forecast spending marks a record for the Kingdom. But the increase is much lower than the 19 percent increase forecast in the 2013 budget plan.

“The long-term trend is very healthy. But one cannot expect that the budget can continue growing at 25 percent every year,” Sfakianakis said.

Planned expenditure for 2013 stood at 820 billion riyals and revenues at 829 billion.

While the 855 billion projection for 2014 marks a record, the actual spending for 2013 was much higher. Spending this year stood at an estimated 925 billion riyals, with revenue at 1.131 trillion, Reuters reported.

“For 2013 clearly it is the largest actual spending we have seen in the history of Saudi Arabia,” Sfakianakis said. “It’s a substantial amount. And this is many times larger than what it was in the early 2000s.”

The disparity between projected and actual spending is because Saudi Arabia often issues cautious budget forecasts due to the volatility in the price of oil, the country’s main source of revenue.

“It’s better for fiscal planning purposes to be conservative,” Sfakianakis said.

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/bus...rabia-sees-2014-budget-spending-at-228bn.html

Saudi Arabia to invest US$35.7 billion in water and electricity projects in 2014

The government of Saudi Arabia has planned to invest up to US$35.7bn in water and electricity projects in 2014, to cater to the Kingdom’s rising demand

According to Emirates 24/7, Saudi Arabia’s water and electricity minister Abdul Rahman Al Hussein said these investments comprise a US$26.6bn allocation towards power projects and the remaining US$9bn towards water projects.

The Ministry of Water and Electricity has also revealed that the government is pushing ahead with plans to restructure Saudi Electricity Company (SEC) into four firms overseeing electricity generation, transmission, distribution separately.

SEC currently has an autonomous budget. Power demand in Saudi Arabia is expected to increase by 9 per cent per annum, in the coming years.

Al Hussein said the projects will be funded through an interest-free government loan of US$18bn, along with borrowings from local banks and private investors.

According to ministry sources, Saudi Arabia needs to invest nearly US$133bn in the power sector over the next 10 years, of which around US$40bn is expected to stem from the private sector.

Saudi Arabia to invest US$35.7 billion in water and electricity projects in 2014

Back
Top Bottom