What's new

Ganesha idols adorn Indian town before Hindu festival

I said idol worship is corollary to the vedas, not that it is vedas itself. Vedas describe paramatama. Once you have the universe as manifestation of paramatma, then everything in the universe is sacred and everything can become a portal to reach out to the universal soul/consciousness/paramatama. Which is the function idol worship actually performs. Of course it follows Agama tradition.

Oh cool. Hope to see a lot more of you once you are back :D
Idol worship IS integral part of Hinduism but its VERY different from the Vedas.

Vedas are called Nigama, or Knowledge through Upasana or knowledge through sitting near enlightened guru. Veda seeks moksha through understanding and righteous living.

Agama is knowledge though tradition. It seeks Moksha through Tantra yoga.

On world tour of sorts, work related. Will reach India next week. Missed you too :)
hey guys I have a question for you, is Shiva a Aryan god or a Dravidian god ?

hey guys I have a question for you, is Shiva a Aryan god or a Dravidian god ?

Rig Vedic God.

Jambukeswarar Temple, Thiruvanaikaval

This temple is one of the five major Shiva Temples of Tamil Nadu, and represents the element of water. It is also one of the Early Cholas built around 1800 years ago, and filled with inscriptions dating back to the era.

34317930.jpg

Rig Vedic God.

Jambukeswarar Temple, Thiruvanaikaval

This temple is one of the five major Shiva Temples of Tamil Nadu, and represents the element of water. It is also one of the Early Cholas built around 1800 years ago, and filled with inscriptions dating back to the era.

34317930.jpg
thank you sir :)

Here its about the ancient divine celestial being who are being worshiped since centuries by the Rig Vedic tribes of India and as India is the only ancient surviving civilization.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here its about the ancient divine celestial being who are being worshiped since centuries by the Rig Vedic tribes of India and as India is the only ancient surviving civilization.

india and civilization? ayyylmmaooo!!!

modern india has lost its culture/values to increasing westernization. Even your own people know it.

Rigveda (1.22.20) states, Oṃ tad viṣṇoḥ paramam padam sadā paśyanti sūrayaḥ: "All the suras (devas) look towards the Supreme Abode of Lord Vishnu", referring to Vaikuntha, the Supreme Abode

Vaikuntha is known as Paramdhama where liberated souls dwell for eternity enjoying pure bliss and happiness in the company of God Narayana or Vishnu.

HYMN XLVII. Indra Vaikuntha.
8 Grant us the boon for which I pray, O Indra, a spacious home unmatched among the people.
To this may Heaven and Earth accord approval: vouchsafe us mighty and resplendent riches.

Padam means feet, it can also mean position like in Padmasana (yoga). Sada pasyanti means to forever settle. This is in poetry, it does not literally mean that the gods look to stay forever on the feet of lord Vishnu.

It means that the final stay which will be for all of eternity is only with the lord. Even the deva's look forward to merging with Vishnu, into the Super consciousness.

Kuntha in sanskrit means "Anxiety / Stress". Vai-Kuntha means a state of mind without anxiety or without stress, which is another word for Moksha.

Kuntha in Hindi means "frustration", so again Vaikuntha in hindi would mean state of mind without frustration.

In Yoga Sutra, Kuntha means blocks. So Vaikuntha means a state of being without blocks, where your kundalini can rise to the top since all your chakras are unblocked. This is also the stage where you find Moksha.

IT is THIS Vaikuntha which is translated as "abode of god Vishnu". It does not literally mean the "Kingdom of God". At best it can be translated as "heavenly state of mind". When your consciousness has evolved into a state where you are one with the Supreme Consciousness.

Now you can understand what happens when people with zero or little knowledge about Hindu philosophy translate Hindu scriptures. You will further understand this as I explain Indra Vaikuntha.

In the Hymn of the Rg Veda which you have quoted, it talks about Saptagu. It is his words in praise of Indra Vaikuntha which is quoted by you. Now Saptagu is better known as Rishi Angirasa. (author of Atharva veda). He is also one of the Brahma-Rishis (highest stage for any Rishi).

Indra Vaikuntha he talks about is Indra, son of Vaikuntha. Vaikunthat was a Asuri who did severe Tapasya to have a son like Indra. So pleased was Indra with her love and devotion that he was born as her son. This Indra became famous as Vaikuntha Indra. This is the Vaikuntha Indra mentioned in the Rg Veda and quoted by you.

As you can see, this "Vaikuntha" is the name of a Asuri (female Asura) and second mother to Indra, and not the state of mind I spoke about earlier.

Hope this clarifies matters.

Last edited:
411066-dpz-14spab-13.jpg

Devotees transport an idol of elephant headed Hindu god Ganesha from a workshop to a worship venue ahead of the Ganesh Chaturthi festival in Mumbai, India.

President's Secretariat
16-September, 2015 11:42 IST
President’s greetings on the eve of Ganesh Chaturthi
The President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee has greeted fellow-citizens on the eve of Ganesh Chaturthi, which falls tomorrow.

In his message, the President has said, “On the joyous occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi, I extend warm greetings and good wishes to all my fellow citizens in India and abroad.

The celebration of Ganesh Chaturthi marks the birth of Lord Ganesha, the remover of obstacles and the God of wisdom and good fortune. Let us on this auspicious occasion, re-affirm our faith in all that is good, noble and virtuous. May Lord Ganesha bestow his blessings on all so that obstacles in the path of our progress are removed and peace, happiness as well as prosperity abound in our country”.

Vice President's Secretariat
16-September, 2015 10:53 IST
Vice President Greets People on ‘Ganesh Chaturthi’

The Vice President of India Shri M. Hamid Ansari
has extended his warm greetings and good wishes to the people of our country on the auspicious occasion of ‘Ganesh Chaturthi’ marking the birth of Lord Ganesh. In his message, he has said that Lord Ganesh is revered as embodiment of wisdom, prosperity and good fortune. To invoke Lord Ganesh before the start of any good work is a common practice across our country.

Following is the text of Vice President’s message :

“I extend my warm greetings and good wishes to the people of our country on the auspicious occasion of ‘Ganesh Chaturthi’ marking the birth of Lord Ganesh.

Lord Ganesh is revered as embodiment of wisdom, prosperity and good fortune. To invoke Lord Ganesh before the start of any good work is a common practice across our country.

May this festival bring peace, harmony and prosperity in our lives.”

Mumbai's richest GSB Seva Ganesh Mandals Ganesh idol opened for a preview for the media in Mumbai .

413279-daypics-160915-ra1.jpg

Devotees participate in a procession with large statues of Hindu god Ganesh in Mumbai.
413285-ganeshchaturthi-160915-ra1.jpg

413286-ganeshchaturthi-160915-ra2.jpg

A artist gives final touches to an idol of Hindu god Ganesha in New Delhi.
413287-ganeshchaturthi-160915-ra3.jpg

Devotees carry an idol of Hindu god Ganesha from a workshop to a worship venue ahead of the Ganesh Chaturthi festival in Mumbai.
413288-ganeshchaturthi-160915-ra4.jpg

413289-ganeshchaturthi-160915-ra5.jpg

Prime Minister's Office
17-September, 2015 10:07 IST
PM greets the people on the occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi
The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, has greeted the people on the occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi.

“May Lord Ganesha bless us with abundant happiness and prosperity”, the Prime Minister said

CPEWBl2UkAAPt4E.jpg

CPEWmpvUEAAXd93.jpg

You are insecure
I am just active about my basic rights, I don't want what happened to us muslims of Lucknow at the hands of Indians to happen to either muslims in India loyal or not or hindus in Pakistan loyal or not. Minorities need to be treated with respect. The wave of Hindutva radicalization in said country is damaging everything. Muslims might be forced to rebel.

I am just active about my basic rights, I don't want what happened to us muslims of Lucknow at the hands of Indians to happen to either muslims in India loyal or not or hindus in Pakistan loyal or not. Minorities need to be treated with respect. The wave of Hindutva radicalization in said country is damaging everything. Muslims might be forced to rebel.
very soon we will implement blasphemy law to protect Minorities !

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom