What's new

Gandhi Jayanti - A tribute to 'Father of the Nation'

The thing is, there are weaklings even amongst us who wish to live in denial and not accept reality so that they can continue to fence-sit in national matters. And then there are those who know that coward's reality very well. His distortion of truths and his sidekicks playing with the nation will always be remembered as tragic and his followers as traitors and slaves of colonial mentality.

Tell me how your country would have been different if it wasn't for Gandhi?

Maybe a slightly earlier independence (through violent methods), what else would be different without Gandhi?

hate of Gandhiji(and democracy,secularism) is directly proportional to the love for Rightwing Hinduism You have. that includes Your glorification of your Holy Fathers Veer Savarkar,Golwarkar,Nariendra Modi and Natthu Ram Godse(Qaatil of Father of Nation- Mahatma Gandhi) .

Happy Birthday Bapu..
Thing is that lesser mortals will never understand the power of peace and non violence

Even the Indians are divided in their admiration for Gandhi :rolleyes:

To me, based on what I've read, he's a great man as a person. Whether his methods are practical in today's world, that's a whole different topic.

I heard a story about Ho Chi Minh, the father of Modern Vietnam. A journalist once asked him why he is going for violent methods to confront French (he was fighting French at that time) but should rather adopt Gandhian methods of non -violent protests. He answered that if Gandhi had faced French instead of British, he would have shut his Satyagraha shop in a week.

So, I don't believe that his methods are practical in this world. India which got independence through non-violence is now home to the 4th largest Armed Forces...Why?Because unlike us our neighbours don't believe in non-violence but rather 'might is right' for them.The greatest example of that stupidity was in 1962, when our Armed forces was found to be no match for PLA..The reason, our first PM Nehru thought that Army is unnecessary for a country found on non-violent principles. In a way thank God for '1962', otherwise Nehru would have severely weakened or disbanded IA altogether.

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

Happy Birthday Bapu..
Thing is that lesser mortals will never understand the power of peace and non violence

India is home to the 4th largest Armed Forces. Why don't we just disband it and post Gandhain volunteers at the borders. Lets see how they fare against our neighbour's bullets.

Subash chandra bose is right

I heard a story about Ho Chi Minh, the father of Modern Vietnam. A journalist once asked him why he is going for violent methods to confront French (he was fighting French at that time) but should rather adopt Gandhian methods of non -violent protests. He answered that if Gandhi had faced French instead of British, he would have shut his Satyagraha shop in a week.

So, I don't believe that his methods are practical in this world. India which got independence through non-violence is now home to the 4th largest Armed Forces...Why?Because unlike us our neighbours don't believe in non-violence but rather 'might is right' for them.The greatest example of that stupidity was in 1962, when our Armed forces was found to be no match for PLA..The reason, our first PM Nehru thought that Army is unnecessary for a country found on non-violent principles. In a way thank God for '1962', otherwise Nehru would have severely weakened or disbanded IA altogether.

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

India is home to the 4th largest Armed Forces. Why don't we just disband it and post Gandhain volunteers at the borders. Lets see how they fare against our neighbour's bullets.

Why did you conveniently forgot about Martin Luther King and Nelson Mandela........Aung San Suu Kyi
Sab ko stabudhi de Bhagwaan...........

Typical of CONgress. Neglect everyone, revise history, make the PM has national hero and his mentor as the holy man so that the whole nation remains enslaved to the party's swindling for the last 60 years.

This is the man to call Shivaji, Guru Gobind Singhji and Guru Gorakhnath (Gurkha mentor) as misgided patriots, Bhagat Singh, Veer Savarkar and Neta ji Subhash Chandra Bose as terrorists.

The reality is that this man was the root cause of terrorism today. Good riddance the scum died long back. If it had been a decade earlier, India would have got a more reasonable political beginning in modern times.

Why do you want to bring Politics to remember the Father of Nation...........
Or you feel that he should not be remembered...............
But don't forget the Support Anna got from all over India for his PEACEFUL fight against GOI.........

A wise country is some thing that does not seek war, but always be prepared for one. and India is a wise country in that regards.

Gandhi's wise and brave nature, was important for the establishment of Pakistan, he and the Quaid, are responsible for the great independence movements, that resulted in Pakistan.

:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

Gandhi's wise and brave nature, was important for the establishment of Pakistan, he and the Quaid, are responsible for the great independence movements, that resulted in Pakistan.

:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:
He never wanted us to be two enemies rather he was intereseted in seeing us sit and share together everything.
But a insecure feeling engulfed and I don't know if it was the British or Jihna or Nehru that sparked it off for their benifits.

Why did you conveniently forgot about Martin Luther King and Nelson Mandela........Aung San Suu Kyi
Sab ko stabudhi de Bhagwaan...........

Both were fighting their own country men, not outside colonial powers like Britain or France. So you are basically comparing apples with oranges.

India got freedom due to 2nd World War.Period.

As soon as we lose the moral basis, we cease to be religious. There is no such thing as religion over-riding morality. Man, for instance, cannot be untruthful, cruel or incontinent and claim to have God on his side.

400px-Gandhi_signature.svg.png

The only tyrant I accept in this world is the still voice within.

We must be the change we wish to see.

400px-Gandhi_signature.svg.png

Back
Top Bottom