What's new

G20 Kashmir Meeting: Modi's PR Ploy Backfires!

The Indians are LOW IQ.. What is he even trying to gain by this? The two Kashmiris have been defacto divided for the last 75 years and the territories haven't changed hands or anything and might not for the next 30-40 years.

The others sending embassy staff broke the Camel's back.

Kinda of strange it is a man fighting for what he already has and had for the last 75 years and jeopardizing himself over a thing that is not necessary at this stage but instead hosting the G20 itself. Indians are LOW IQ in diplomacy..

He could have taken this opportunity to showchase india to the world but he got in his own way

The reality is that India has shown that it can hold diplomatic events in the valley without any pressure. G20 meetings are being held all across the country and it sent the message that Srinagar is in India.

For you it might be a colossal failure since it isn't for us. Same goes for you, no one important cares for what you think or how you defend your stance.

We'll see how many countries participate if a meeting is held in Mirpur or Muzaffarabad, try hosting the crown princes of gulf states in Mirpur.
You call boycotts and low level attendance "without any pressure"?

Bro, this is the second time we're arguing, and the first time didn't work out for you either.

I suggest you stop here.

You call boycotts and low level attendance "without any pressure"?

Bro, this is the second time we're arguing, and the first time didn't work out for you either.

I suggest you stop here.
The valley received overnight rains including in summer capital Srinagar, where around 60 foreign delegates from 27 G20 and other invitee countries were deliberating on film and eco tourism and sustainable development at Sher-i-Kashmir International Convention Centre on the iconic lake for the past two days

Last edited:
The valley received overnight rains including in summer capital Srinagar, where around 60 foreign delegates from 27 G20 and other invitee countries were deliberating on film and eco tourism and sustainable development at Sher-i-Kashmir International Convention Centre on the iconic lake for the past two days

you mean low level embassy staff:lol: People like Xi and Biden were suppose to attend you know

By February 2023, for the first time in the history of Jammu & Kashmir, a record 1.88 crore tourists visited the union territory in 2022.

Around 122 delegates, including 60 foreigners, arrived in Srinagar for the third G20 tourism working group meeting on May 22.

The first three-day significant international event’ is being held in Jammu & Kashmir since the abrogation of Article 370 four years back. The three-day G20 mega event from May 22-24, is focusing on five key priority areas: Green Tourism, Digitalization, Skills, MSMEs and Destination Management.

Spain, Singapore, Mauritius, Nigeria, South Africa, Brazil and India are among seven countries to discuss the global perspective of film tourism, as well as its economic benefits and impact in Jammu & Kashmir.
Singapore’s High Commissioner to India, Simon Wong, has praised the beauty of Kashmir and said that he is “very happy” to be in Srinagar. Taking to his official Twitter handle, Simon Wong said, “Very happy to be in Srinagar. Pure beauty. Thank you so much for your warm welcome. HC Wong.”
G Kishan said while tourism in Jammu & Kashmir is growing, “Today we are running the 74-160 flights up to Leh. Also, the weekly flight tally for Srinagar has gone up to 532 flights since the end of last year. This year we are expecting a double tourist number, including both foreign and domestic.”

60 low level delegates.

An any remains an ant, no matter how much hype it up.

All I'm seeing are excuses and coping mechanisms.
You were expecting the heads of state to come? It was just a low level meeting, similar to the ones happening in other small cities and towns in India.
You call boycotts and low level attendance "without any pressure"?B
What low attendance? Let China host a meeting in Tibet or Xinjiang we'll see how many will participate.
It didn't since I'm not interested in talking about same things again an again, and so is the case with you. So lets end here.

60 low level delegates.

An ant remains an ant, no matter how much hype it up.

All I'm seeing are excuses and coping mechanisms.

A lot of copium huffers in India it seems.

[Edit] reposting my reply. PDF is acting weird.

You were expecting the heads of state to come? It was just a low level meeting, similar to the ones happening in other small cities and towns in India.

What low attendance? Let China host a meeting in Tibet or Xinjiang we'll see how many will participate.

It didn't since I'm not interested in talking about same things again an again, and so is the case with you. So lets end here.
No one was expecting heads of states to come, but low level delegates? Come on, really? Low level meeting?

This is the best argument you have?

This comment of yours proves my point, you are making my argument for me.

By February 2023, for the first time in the history of Jammu & Kashmir, a record 1.88 crore tourists visited the union territory in 2022.

Around 122 delegates, including 60 foreigners, arrived in Srinagar for the third G20 tourism working group meeting on May 22.

The first three-day significant international event’ is being held in Jammu & Kashmir since the abrogation of Article 370 four years back. The three-day G20 mega event from May 22-24, is focusing on five key priority areas: Green Tourism, Digitalization, Skills, MSMEs and Destination Management.

Spain, Singapore, Mauritius, Nigeria, South Africa, Brazil and India are among seven countries to discuss the global perspective of film tourism, as well as its economic benefits and impact in Jammu & Kashmir.
Singapore’s High Commissioner to India, Simon Wong, has praised the beauty of Kashmir and said that he is “very happy” to be in Srinagar. Taking to his official Twitter handle, Simon Wong said, “Very happy to be in Srinagar. Pure beauty. Thank you so much for your warm welcome. HC Wong.”
G Kishan said while tourism in Jammu & Kashmir is growing, “Today we are running the 74-160 flights up to Leh. Also, the weekly flight tally for Srinagar has gone up to 532 flights since the end of last year. This year we are expecting a double tourist number, including both foreign and domestic.”
In just 2-3 years we'll see the passenger traffic of Srinagar International Airport overtake Karachi airport (largest in pakistan).
1684965566375.png
1684965703704.png

No one was expecting heads of states to come, but low level delegates? Come on, really? Low level meeting?

This is the best argument you have?

This comment of yours proves my point, you are making my argument for me.
What "low level" delegates are you talking of? It wasn't a big meeting to begin with that so-called high level delegates would come. Its just that it happened in srinagar that you're hyperventilating.

Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Oman, China and Indonesia, Egypt & Oman skip G20 tourism meet in Kashmir

China has said it will not attend the G20 Indian meet, citing its firm opposition “to holding any kind of G20 meetings in disputed territory”. In April, Pakistan, which also lays claim to Kashmir but is not a G20 member, described the meeting as irresponsible.

The former Jammu and Kashmir chief minister Mehbooba Mufti claimed India had turned the region into the equivalent of the Guantánamo Bay prison simply to hold a meeting on tourism. She also accused the Bharatiya Janata party, the party of the prime minister, Narendra Modi, of hijacking the G20 for its promotional purposes.

India divided the Muslim-majority state of Jammu and Kashmir in 2019 to create two federally administered territories – Jammu and Kashmir, and Ladakh. Ladakh is a disputed frontier region along the line of actual control between India and China, and both countries claim parts of it.

Who is USA to tell whats Israel, whats not? Its upto Israel how it deals with it. We too aren't bothered by the rants coming from the other side. G20 meet in Srinagar happened successfully and thats how it is. You can have your own opinions.

USA you say ? Let me remind you that’s where your foreign secretary went crying when our F16 were deployed. Back to the G20 , your attempt to hijack this gathering by blackmailing it hosting it in occupied Kashmir has failed.

USA you say ? Let me remind you that’s where your foreign secretary went crying when our F16 were deployed. Back to the G20 , your attempt to hijack this gathering by blackmailing it hosting it in occupied Kashmir has failed.
Weird cope

Back
Top Bottom