What's new

FWO builds 502 KM of CPEC western route in record time

AZADPAKISTAN2009

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
road1-890x395.jpg

RAWALPINDI: The Frontier Works Organisation (FWO) has built roads with 502 kilometres length on the western alignment of China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) to link Gwadar with other parts of the country, a press release of FWO said.

“The FWO took up the challenge to extend the benefits of Gwadar port to rest of the country by building roads in rugged mountainous terrain and highly inaccessible areas. The gigantic task was undertaken on the directives of the Chief of Army Staff Gen Raheel Sharif,” the FWO said.

road1-890x395.jpg

RAWALPINDI: The Frontier Works Organisation (FWO) has built roads with 502 kilometres length on the western alignment of China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) to link Gwadar with other parts of the country, a press release of FWO said.

“The FWO took up the challenge to extend the benefits of Gwadar port to rest of the country by building roads in rugged mountainous terrain and highly inaccessible areas. The gigantic task was undertaken on the directives of the Chief of Army Staff Gen Raheel Sharif,” the FWO said.

road_1.jpg

The project has now become a part of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor.

The statement said that unprecedented efforts were made for mobilisation of manpower and equipment on project sites and to date 502km of roads have been completed in less than one- and- a-half years.

road_3.jpg

Six military personnel and 10 civilian employees lost their lives in the line of duty and 29 others were injured in security-related incidents.

road_4.jpg

Construction of these roads will link Gwadar port with Chaman, Dera Ismail Khan and the Indus Highway.

The average pace of work is approximately 1.5km per day, the FWO said.

road_8.jpg

Pakistan should get advance construction and infrastructure development skills and knowledge from China.

Pakistan companies, governmental agencies should get as much skills/knowledge from Chinese---refine it--and then institutionalize it to ALL Pakistan's construction businesses/training centers/universities.

This will really help us improve our civilisation.

Good job, FWO! :) Keep improving, keep building, keep learning!

Inshallah there'll be 2.75 billion+ Muslims globally (Global Islamic Civilization will encompass ~1/3 of entire humanity!!). Muslim World really needs to prepare for that. We should all share our knowledge, learn, implement, and improve.

Inshallah good days are ahead! :)

This is the best thing I like about Pakistan, making roads. Let me Say this some of the roads are even better than what I travel on in the US. Even the road to my village cherat is really good. It's not an easy area at all , very mountainous and zig zag and go upto the height of 4500ft and the road is marked in every way that one would expect. I visited Pakistan after 6 years and was surprised to see how good the roads were. Very very rarely I saw some bumps on the road but the repair is super fast.

Okay, And what was the previous record for building a 502 km road ?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom