What's new

FT-2000 Pakistan's Air Defense

Guys these missiles are in service but are NOT fully operarational which is what I should have said in my earlier post

i think this is not true that they are not operational they are having ACTIVE DUTY STATUS,,

but yes for the second part of you post, you are right

it have been stated that some problems were being faced in there development and the PLA was not entirely satisfied but now i guess its fine and they are operational!!

Furthermore, I am sceptical about the capabilities of these weapons against other hardware on the International market but unfortunately due to global politics these may be the only systems available that can fill Pakistans requirements.

this is also right but as you said NO OTHER OPTION!!!

Like the AIM-120 AMRAAM, PL-12 is also used as SAM, and tests have already successfully completed as the possible replacement of LY-60, but such system has not entered service because China has already been developing the vertical launched version. The vertical launching system is developed by the Luoyang Optronic Technological Development Center in Henan, and the system is called CCL, short for Concentric Cylindrical Launcher, which is similar to American Mk 48 VLS in appearance, but due to the very limited information publicized, it is difficult to tell if the Chinese VLS is a "cold launch" system or a "hot launch" system like that of American Mk 48 VLS.

now can this be an option for us?i think it will be medium to short range system:what:

This could posibley equip feature ships and become the next gen air defence missile for the navy.

Pakistan currently does not operate HQ9 it is a wishlist item.

For low level air defence there are the Anza series, Stingers and RBS 70, for medium level presently PA operates Crotales.

The closest thing to high level is HQ2.
What abt Chinees s-300? isn't it in service????

pg10.gif

FT-2000 was marketed as AWACS killer with an added anti-radiation seeker but at a cost of range reduction. Project has been abandoned since no one showed interest. We may already have inducted HQ-18 or some other variant in service just like the A-100. As a surprise package for enemy intruders.

There will be many surprises for the enemy - if he dares attack, that is a promise.

Back
Top Bottom