What's new

FT-2000 Pakistan's Air Defense

ICE COLD!

What do you mean by .... IAF can strike anything by remaining within Indian Air Space!

Do you mean Ground Targets also!

Ironical!

ICE COLD!

What do you mean by .... IAF can strike anything by remaining within Indian Air Space!

Do you mean Ground Targets also!

Ironical!

Though i was unable to perceive the exact context of your post, but i assume you have misunderstood my post.

I said that phalcons can provide coverage while remaining well within the indian territory and if the purpose of the FT-2000 is to take them out then perhaps the range currently is not sufficient as they dont need to cross the border to find out whats going on inside Pakistan.

sallamz can anybody please confirm which air defence SAMSs are we using

actually i think thsi is the sector where we are really very incapable

have we inducted HQ9 as it is a good system but the question is that do we have it

also i think that geeting modren SAMs is more important then anything else at this point of time as we do not have any modren system???

can anyone guide me in this topic that what do we have as surface to air
missiles

sallamz can anybody please confirm which air defence SAMSs are we using

actually i think thsi is the sector where we are really very incapable

have we inducted HQ9 as it is a good system but the question is that do we have it

also i think that geeting modren SAMs is more important then anything else at this point of time as we do not have any modren system???

can anyone guide me in this topic that what do we have as surface to air
missiles

Pakistan currently does not operate HQ9 it is a wishlist item.

For low level air defence there are the Anza series, Stingers and RBS 70, for medium level presently PA operates Crotales.

The closest thing to high level is HQ2.

Yeah whoever was in charge of air defense for the past 15 years needs to find another profession/hobby.

For low level air defence there are the Anza series, Stingers and RBS 70, for medium level presently PA operates Crotales.

The closest thing to high level is HQ2

well dont you seriously think it is far from enough,

all thes are short range and low altitude capable systems, what do we have against real fighters, AWACSz and bombers??

The closest thing to high level is HQ2

well dont you seriously think it is far from enough,

all thes are short range and low altitude capable systems, what do we have against real fighters, AWACSz and bombers??

Personally I feel a full layered Air Defence is needed to counter the IAF to include a dedicated high altitude SAM and more medium altitiude SAMs.

The situation with medium altitude is being rectified through the acquistion of SPADA 2000 from Italy but as of yet nothing has happened with a high altitude system.

Pakistans Low Level Air Defence is excellent.

well as far as low level defence is concerned it is good but i think pakistan must ,ove ahead and try to get some HQ-9 or chinese versions of russiun S-300 or S-400

There is no Chinese version of S400 that particular system has not been exported from Russia yet.

I'd like to see both HQ9 and KS1A in Pakistani service to complete a full layered air defence.

dear the deal for SPADA2000 was signed in 2007 sep, since then there has been no news of its induction, also it was rumored hat pakistan and china have signed a deal for long range air defence system ie HQ-9 and that too was in october 2003 but afterwards no news about it,,,

i cannot understand what the hell is going on,

i think that pakistan must immediatly pay serious attention towards these syetems more than anytjing else like f-16 (as they are never to be deleivered) or anything else!!!

This is from a while back but it should give "some" insight to what Pakistan is looking at and going for. It is about the FT-2000

Possible Missile Defenses Pakistani sources interviewed before the IDEAS show, as well as some recent published information, indicates that Pakistan’s leadership is very interested in obtaining a limited missile defense capability, especially to match any prospective Indian missile defenses that could be obtained from Israel or the U.S. This impression was confirmed by sources interviewed at the IDEAS show, while there was general reluctance to discuss the details of any future missile defense system. Published sources indicate that Pakistan is considering the purchase of a new active-guided version of the Chinese FT-2000 surface-to-air missile (SAM). In 1998 Chinese sources disclosed to the author that this SAM, originally designed with a passive seeker intended to attack electronic warfare aircraft, would eventually feature an active-guidance system that would have an anti-tactical ballistic missile (ATBM) capability. In 2003 the FT-2000A was disclosed in a Malaysian defense journal, complete with a new active phased-array radar for long-range missile guidance. The FT-2000 program is believed to stem from the HQ-9 program, which in turn has been described to the author as having benefited from Russian S-300 and U.S. Patriot PAC-2 SAM technology. In an ATBM mode, the FT-2000A might only be useful against short-range Indian missiles like the Prithvi or Dhanush, not against longer-range and thus faster Agni missiles.

FT-2000 SAM: Pakistan is showing great interest in its own ATBM, and a missile-intercept capable version of the Chinese FT-2000A appears to be the most likely choice.
Photo: RD Fisher via CPMIEC

Lets just hope that we dont delay the issue anymore then it already has been and start obtaining a system to meet our future high altitude air defence requirements.

thats what i said that after these headlines there is no sign of any further advancements and so i dont know that why are there so many delays!!

Lets just hope that we dont delay the issue anymore
very true,

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom