What's new

Frontier Corps has now emerged as a battle proven paramilitary.

I totally agree with this...they should be given legal status under constitution and given duties in all big cities... also shud make an investigative branch to deal with terrorism and related issues
In my opinion they should be under one command and under CJOSC which these days is General Zubair Hayat and they should have their own intelligence agency but only for internal role. Yes as @DESERT FIGHTER has said that FC and other para military forces have Tanks but as our budget improves time to get new modern Tanks and more AFV and IFV and finally go for both transport and attack helicopters. Having Para Military forces divided into so many commands is not a great idea.

We know that FC is the abbreviation of three forces i.e. Frontier Corps Balochistan, Frontier Corps KPK & Frontier Constabulary.

Here is Frontier Corps Balochistan
Xw3xTTc.jpg

Here is Frontier Corps KPK
NXapHX4.jpg

and I think The Article is about Frontier Constabulary as per the image shared in article They look different from Frontier Corps KPK. Sir @DESERT FIGHTER can u please elaborate and differentiate b/w Frontier Corps KPK and Frontier Constabulary?

you know i have always wanted to ask this question that what role does the GB scout play in he security of the region.. ??

We know that FC is the abbreviation of three forces i.e. Frontier Corps Balochistan, Frontier Corps KPK & Frontier Constabulary.

Here is Frontier Corps Balochistan
Xw3xTTc.jpg

Here is Frontier Corps KPK
NXapHX4.jpg

and I think The Article is about Frontier Constabulary as per the image shared in article They look different from Frontier Corps KPK. Sir @DESERT FIGHTER can u please elaborate and differentiate b/w Frontier Corps KPK and Frontier Constabulary?

Constabulary? lol those guys are tribal cops..

you know i have always wanted to ask this question that what role does the GB scout play in he security of the region.. ??

The same role FC and Rangers play in other provinces... border security and internal policing.

Its a great transformation of Fc as they have improved there armors and guns...in this way they could tackle the threats from Afghan Border
An economically and militarily strong Pakistan is the cornerstone to regional stability. The sooner it's neighbors realize this, the better it would be for the common man in the region.

We need to transform para military into National Guards. As first step we need better Rifles and Sniper Rifles along with latest optics and Anti Tank Weapons both similar to Carl Gaustav and HJ 12 and MRAP like the ones you have posted above. In 2nd step add latest Light Tanks and IFV and AFV to Para Military and in third step all Para Military should have there own transport and attack helicopters
Bro , I partially agree with you. Indeed FC need ATGM like Baktar-Shikan and New Fire and forget ATGMS ,both Tripod and Vehicle fixed. FC does not need IFVs or AFVs in large number 100 each (100 IFVs + 100 AFVs ) max for FC-KPK and FC-Baluchistan , Just for front line battle fields or areas , Rest the Vehicles (MRAPS + APVs) I posted in my previous post will do the job. And same goes with Tanks Light Tanks like T-69 will do the job in moderate numbers like 200+ . Some posts do need Tanks , some need Heavy Guns on Vehicles(MRAPS) and other just foot solders.
I completely agree with new Guns(Rifles+ SRs + LSRs , New RPGs , New Mortar Systems up to 100mm+ and moderate number of Artillery).
They can have Transport Helis under there control , but PA's Aviation wing should need to have 2 more wings under them , One for FC and One for Rangers , These wings should have Transport Helis , Attack Helis , Advance UCAVs and UAVs , Search (all types) and Rescue planes if FC or RANGERS need Air power they can call them in any time.
We also have to work on Our Rangers Now , Punjab + Sindh (Pakistan Rangers).
These changes can transform our FC + Rangers , in modern Paramilitary force capable to handle different threats form inside and out side of borders.
Note: I also have one more suggestion, We can have 10,000 FC and Pakistan Ranger trained as S.W.A.T role and we can place these 20,000 men and women across whole Pakistan for COINS or to help local administrations .

Last edited:
We need to transform para military into National Guards. As first step we need better Rifles and Sniper Rifles along with latest optics and Anti Tank Weapons both similar to Carl Gaustav and HJ 12 and MRAP like the ones you have posted above. In 2nd step add latest Light Tanks and IFV and AFV to Para Military and in third step all Para Military should have there own transport and attack helicopters

Also give FC ICBM and nuclear submarine to make it even more lethal. :rolleyes:

USA also has National Guards and they have Tanks as well as Apache and Black HAWK Helicopters. We have a permanent force of around half a million maybe more. They are not Police so change the status to National Guards give them under one command and as economy improves. Equip them with more lethal Tanks and Artillery and AFV along with attack and transport helicopters.

Bro , I partially agree with you. Indeed FC need ATGM like Baktar-Shikan and New Fire and forget ATGMS ,both Tripod and Vehicle fixed. FC does not need IFVs or AFVs in large number 100 each (100 IFVs + 100 AFVs ) max for FC-KPK and FC-Baluchistan , Just for front line battle fields or areas , Rest the Vehicles (MRAPS + APVs) I posted in my previous post will do the job. And same goes with Tanks Light Tanks like T-69 will do the job in moderate numbers like 200+ . Some posts do need Tanks , some need Heavy Guns on Vehicles(MRAPS) and other just foot solders.
I completely agree with new Guns(Rifles+ SRs + LSRs , New RPGs , New Mortar Systems up to 100mm+ and moderate number of Artillery).
They can have Transport Helis under there control , but PA's Aviation wing should need to have 2 more wings under them , One for FC and One for Rangers , These wings should have Transport Helis , Attack Helis , Advance UCAVs and UAVs , Search (all types) and Rescue planes if FC or RANGERS need Air power they can call them in any time.
We also have to work on Our Rangers Now , Punjab + Sindh (Pakistan Rangers).
These changes can transform our FC + Rangers , in modern Paramilitary force capable to handle different threats form inside and out side of borders.
Note: I also have one more suggestion, We can have 10,000 FC and Pakistan Ranger trained as S.W.A.T role and we can place these 20,000 men and women across whole Pakistan for COINS or to help local administrations .
That SWAT should be under own intelligence agency of Para Military Forces. They should be given under one command. And as economy improves equip them with more Tanks and also IFV. They are half a million force and there size will be increased soon. They can be turned into one good aggressive force. Nobody is saying do it right away do it in phases but it has to be done.

USA also has National Guards and they have Tanks as well as Apache and Black HAWK Helicopters. We have a permanent force of around half a million maybe more. They are not Police so change the status to National Guards give them under one command and as economy improves. Equip them with more lethal Tanks and Artillery and AFV along with attack and transport helicopters.

Bold part is important. That is USA. A country with the highest military budget in the world.

You need to be more realistic in your wishes. You are already a senior member now.

No but Coast Guard should be form of this National Guard. All of these forces should be under one command not every Para Military having its own structure and also Anti Narcotics Force should also be part of it.

Pakistan should consider amalgamating Frontier Corps, Rangers and other paramilitary outfits into a unified Pakistan National Guard - i.e. a second professional army built for internal security and homeland defence. Full-time training academies, with organic CO and NCO streams, as well as integrated aviation, ISR, HUMINT, etc, assets. Long-term, this wouldn't be as big as what we have today, but it would be several leagues more effective.

They don't need to be as well equipped as the Pakistan Army, but they should be fully equipped for the task of handling COIN and other essential homeland security functions. Stripped down utility helicopters without self-protection kits, light armoured vehicles, etc.

Bold part is important. That is USA. A country with the highest military budget in the world.

You need to be more realistic in your wishes. You are already a senior member now.
Nobody is saying do it right away do it in phases and as economy improves increase the speed.

Pakistan should consider amalgamating Frontier Corps, Rangers and other paramilitary outfits into a unified Pakistan National Guard - i.e. a second professional army built for internal security and homeland defence. Full-time training academies, with organic CO and NCO streams, as well as integrated aviation, ISR, HUMINT, etc, assets. Long-term, this wouldn't be as big as what we have today, but it would be several leagues more effective.
Finally some one agreeing with me

A)They are already de facto national guard.

B) They are armed with sniper rifles like Azb,Range Master,berret,SVD and hopefully soon the LSR.

C) They do operate light armoured vehicles like mohafiz series,LAV and APCs,URs with 30mm canons and AGLs... No IFVs though.

D) They do operator older type tanks in small numbers though.

F) Carl Gustav isn't an anti tank weapon rather a Recoiless rifle and not needed..

They do operate Baktar Shikans however a new Fire and forget ATGM is needed for the military Aswell.

G)They operator limited squadrons of choppers...

But gunships,new tanks or IFVs will need a lot of money...

P.S; They work under Interior Ministry... Which also pays for their budget.
FC has been modernize since Musharraf time. FC were given tanks,APC's,modern training etc.

No never no para military will ever par with professional army there lot difference in there training and organization

You can just know an Army is sword and paramilitary is scalpel
FC had experience of fighting one of the world biggest insurgency along side Pakistan army. Also FC as a force may lack modern weapons like aviation but their soldiers are at par with Pakistan army in training. most of FC men are from KPK province and are very tough and good with weapons even before their recruitment.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom