What's new

From Turkey

B saahab 50/year is totally unfeasible at this moment. Where are you getting your figures from these days? This is unless PAC only assembles pre-manufactured kits, in which case they could yank out ~30 planes a year. But the prod. line at CAC won't be able to produce as many. Remember this is only the first year of production. Production lines take a few years to mature and grow. See how in a year we've got only 6-8 planes, half of them prototypes. See also how PLAAF has only about 100 J-10 even after 4-5 years of production.

In reply to a question, he said the PAC has the capability to manufacture 50 aircraft annually and as soon as the project was approved by the government the factory would start its production.

Pakistan News Service - PakTribune
Again, the Atlay might not be a good investment. Its a heavy tank and PA has an absolute upper weight limit of 50 tonnes for its tanks (I know I'm not providing a link, but you can confirm it with your friends). Technologies could be assimilated though.
I asked around about the M1 issue of the late 1980s; the main issue was the cost of the tank and the lack of logistical capacity (bridges apparently) to move those tanks. Nowadays it seems cost is the main issue, and I even asked blain2 if PA would ever consider Leopard 2...and weight isn't an issue. The PA would love to get its hands on a new NATO MBT if offered at reasonable rates, and the Altay definitely offers us that opportunity. Even if the tank itself was an issue, acquiring its 1500hp engine, armor technology, electronics, etc, would go a long way in improving the Al Khalid.
PN should look at TF-2k only if it has the capability to be superior to future generations of 054. As it is PN is busy buying and building two different platforms of similar capability. The heavier class, ??-100 should be preferable, again if it is superior, including in cost, to the coming Chinese options. I believe it would've been better to forgo the Milgem and join the heavier projects. That's only my opinion btw.
IIRC the TF-2000 is a long-range anti-air warfare frigate; it may use an AEGIS-type system (possibly local) alongside long-range SAMs & LACMs. The lighter TF-100 FFG is actually in the league of Type-054(A) as a multi-mission support FFG. PN is acquiring the MILGEM as part of a separate corvette requirement in addition to PN's 14-ship frigate requirement.

Ideally I would like to see PN join both TF-2000 and TF-100, but these ships will definitely not come within the 2019 frame. Unless PN can secure good used frigates such as OHP, it may be pressed to acquire Type-054 or MEKO. There is a chance for TF-2000 as it is beyond the mission parameters of the Type-054 & MEKO.

What weapon were you using with 5.56mm ammo?
I can tell you it certainly does kill, maybe not first round kill as with the 7.62x51 but generally the first round will incapacitate the target. If not then it is easy enough to put a few more in accurately and quickly, more so than with the 7.62 as it is generally a lot quicker to re-target with 5.56 weapons than with a 7.62 weapon.
There a lot of other advantages that the 5.56 has over the 7.62, although it also has its disadvantages.

we did not start using actually. we were considering it because of nato doctrines. Nato standard focuses on rifles that do not kill the opponent but renders him useless with wounds. This is a good tactic when you fight against a regular army because a wounded soldier would require 2 more men to take care of him, yet, against militants it is useless because they leave their wounded anyways. And this wounded soldier constitutes a big danger when army sweeps the area.
still, we will produce 5.56, but it will be for urban areas and hostage cases. Regular soldiers will not use it.

here you can see them all

we did not start using actually. we were considering it because of nato doctrines. Nato standard focuses on rifles that do not kill the opponent but renders him useless with wounds. This is a good tactic when you fight against a regular army because a wounded soldier would require 2 more men to take care of him, yet, against militants it is useless because they leave their wounded anyways. And this wounded soldier constitutes a big danger when army sweeps the area.
still, we will produce 5.56, but it will be for urban areas and hostage cases. Regular soldiers will not use it.

here you can see them all

Aye, sadly for us the Taliban don't take care of their wounded or try and move out with them when they retreat, it would mean easy targets for us if they did. They just leave them when they fall back, often the wounds are great enough to kill the hostile in question quickly if not dead from the shots already so we don't get that many prisoners that way.
I assume the PKK are the same.

These seem to be a copy of CARBN M4

Am i right
design is similar
its just my guess

mkek of turkey since long years producer of hk weapons under license.these weapons are their first independed weapon dizayns.u are right it looks mixture of hk416 and coldm4 carbine.mkek says the weapon carrying all of the good sides of hk416 and m4.

there ll be alot of version of this rifles called as mehmetçik.
plus 5.56 sniper 7.62 sniper versions.

Turkish general discusses defence with CJCSC

RAWALPINDI: Deputy Chief of Turkish General Staff General Hasan Igsiz on Wednesday called on Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee (CJCSC) General Tariq Majeed and discussed various defence issues.

The two exchanged views on the regional security situation and bilateral defence ties, with a particular focus on tangible measures to bolster cooperation between the armed forces of the two countries. The CJCSC said Pakistan takes pride in its relations with Turkey because of the two countries’ common roots, historical linkages, shared heritage, and their Islamic identity. “The affinity between the two countries is people driven that gives it strength and durability,” he said.

General Majeed also lauded Turkey’s contributions for peace and stability in South Asia. He said a pragmatic approach, as compared to the hitherto followed policy of excessive use of force, was the need of the hour.

Later, General Igsiz initiated the 6th High Level Military Dialogue at the Ministry of Defence, Rawalpindi with co-chair, Defence Secretary Lt General (r) Syed Athar Ali.

In his opening remarks, the secretary welcomed the Turkish delegation, saying Pak-Turkish ties needed to be transformed into a “meaningful and productive relationship”, APP reported.

Highlighting the security challenges faced by Pakistan, the secretary said the country was endeavouring to overcome them to promote peace and stability in the region. The delegation was also briefed about the South Asian security perspective.

Meanwhile, General Igsiz informed the meeting Turkey wanted to broaden and promote bilateral military and defence cooperation with Pakistan, as the two countries could complement each other in the military and technology fields. staff report/app

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Pakistan-Turkey military meeting concludes

RAWALPINDI: Pakistan and Turkey expressed satisfaction over their defence ties at the conclusion of the sixth Pak-Turkey High Level Military Dialogue meeting at the Defence Ministry on Thursday. A statement by the ministry said both sides had expressed satisfaction over the smooth functioning of the working groups and the progress made by them. Defence Secretary Lt General (r) Syed Athar Ali and Deputy Chief of Turkish General Staff General Hasan Igsiz co-chaired the closing session. The officials emphasised on increasing cooperation in defence industry and defence production for promoting military collaboration. staff report

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom