What's new

From Turkey

cuneyt

New Recruit

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a very strong affection to Pakistan and Afghanistan, actually i see those two countries as my own. I know that you have problems with Afghanistan, i hope you resolve them, and about India, thanks to your nukes, no one will like to engage with you in a major war (Us is included). I watched Cnn some weeks ago and people were talking about your nuke's effect on US and Indian responses to any conflict.

I want to ask somethings. Turkish pilots are among few (5 countries, to be exact) to be able to fly and engage at night. Do your pilots have this ability, and if not why? I mean, they are participating in Anatolian Eagle and they can easily get the simulations and training in Turkey.

We recently made a stealth war ship, why is Pakistan keeping away from it? I know that you will get 4 of them, but you should learn the technology. Receiving millions of dollars from Pakistanis in exchange of a metal mountain disgusts me.

G3 rifle will be changed in your army and we already produced our rifle (mehmetcik). now, i would not trust my country's remarks, they may boast it but it can be a failure, but foreigners also tell that it is very good. We have 5 models of them with different ranges and purposes. Cannot you get the prototype from us and produce it in pakistan? Otherwise modernization of your rifles will cost you hundreds if not billions. i would hate to see you paying billions to usa or china for this matter.

For aircrafts every muslim country is useless. No one can help Pakistan or Turkey in Muslim country. Nonetheless, public awareness has come to such an extent in Turkey that, whenever government buys a plane or helicopter, we are raged. We and you too, pay billions of dolars to some countries, and try to get this moneyby selling clothes etc to them. A helicopter is worth a ton of gold, and how many clothes should we sell them to earn this money?

About tanks, you are better than us, I hope we get some experience from you. 100% national tank project is started finally with south korea. I guess you have a better missile system too. We recently produced the fastest obus cannon in the world. i hope you get it somehow. We also got Ejder anti mine vehicle for infantry transportation. It can be vey useful against taliban.

I wish to see you prosper and become rich soon. Our heart is with you.

Dear Brother, Thanx for your warm thoughts for Pakistan and have same for our turkish brothers...I would advise you to spend little bit of time on this very informative forum and would gurantee you that you will get all the answers. We have respectable members from from all walk of lives.

Merhaba Cuneyt, one of my cousins is named Junaid aswell...same name, different spelling. :enjoy:

PAF is a regular participant in Anatolian Eagle, we have a thread elsewhere in the forum.
Check it! PAF at Anatolian Eagle 07/2
PAF does have full night attack capability.

As for the military cooperation between the countries, yes its growing and Turkey will become one of Pakistan's closest allies after China in years to come. There's a lot we have to offer to eachother including missiles, tanks and warships.

Pakistan isn't perhaps ready or willing to absorb the tech in the Milgem. They're right now busy gearing to build a corvette of very similar disp. and capabilities maybe that's why.

About the planes, we might have something to teach others in a decade when we begin tweaking the JF-17.

I think your assault rifle fires 5.56 rounds, and ours the heavier 7.62. Changing the round is serious investment.

Don't 'guess' about our missile systems! Info's widely available. But Turkey can't afford SRBMs without irking Europe.

You got a lovely name there btw.

Selam Cuneyt :)
I am always facinated why turks pronounce C as J, might be coz of the Arabic script version of Alif bey Jeem.
n e wayz welcome to the forum kardesh,hope u enjoy ur stay here.

Thanks or your Kind Thoughts Brother.

Pakistan and Turkey are Brotherly Countries and they share lot of common things, The Crescent and Star on the Flag of Both Countries is Just another Symbol of our Common Belief.

Pakistan is trying to get all the Western Defence Hardware through Turkey and Russian Tech Through China.

Pakistan and Turkey are Co-operating in defence and Economic Field as well. As the time will Pass new Milestones of Friendship between Pakistan and Turkey will be achieved and the relations will strengthen as the days pass by.

Can I just ask which 5 countries you have down as able to fly and operate at night? I can think of more than 5 countries that should have this capability.

Pakistan isn't perhaps ready or willing to absorb the tech in the Milgem. They're right now busy gearing to build a corvette of very similar disp. and capabilities maybe that's why.

About the planes, we might have something to teach others in a decade when we begin tweaking the JF-17.

I think your assault rifle fires 5.56 rounds, and ours the heavier 7.62. Changing the round is serious investment.

Don't 'guess' about our missile systems! Info's widely available. But Turkey can't afford SRBMs without irking Europe.

we decided to leave 5.56, we are going with 7.62. 5.56 was not killing, it is of no use.

btw, cuneyt is an arabic name, cuneydi baghdadi! my Pakistani friend Karrar told me that it is sufi name, and Arabs do not use this name. I met so many Arabs and they have never heard of my name. Being a sufi must be real bad in Arabia

Can I just ask which 5 countries you have down as able to fly and operate at night? I can think of more than 5 countries that should have this capability.

may be more, but holland, england, israel, usa, turkey and germany have it. but this info was 2 years ago.

we decided to leave 5.56, we are going with 7.62. 5.56 was not killing, it is of no use.

btw, cuneyt is an arabic name, cuneydi baghdadi! my Pakistani friend Karrar told me that it is sufi name, and Arabs do not use this name. I met so many Arabs and they have never heard of my name. Being a sufi must be real bad in Arabia

Thats not true. I know a couple of Arabs who are called Junaid. And Baghdad is still an ARab country.

There are lots of sufis in Arab countries, especially Egypt, Maghrib, Syria, and other places.

However, the Salafi movement in the Hijaz has been traditionally very critical of Sufism, as for some they are wont to stray from orthodox practices. This is why you won't find much manifest sufism in Saudi.

For now the PN wants 4 MILGEM corvettes, 3 of these ships will be built in Pakistan, so yes we will be acquiring technology for them. There is also room for joint cooperation in certain areas of Type-214 AIP-SSK.

PAC has the capability to produce 50 JF-17s a year, and this is solely at Kamra. In the near future we may see PAC expanded to produce helicopters and possibly even medium lift transport aircraft.

I haven't heard a lot about 5.56mm these days, and if we decide to stick to 7.62mm, then I hope we acquire such a version of Mehmetcik-1. I hope Pakistan joins the Altay MBT and TF-2000 AAW FFG programs.

PAC has the capability to produce 50 JF-17s a year, and this is solely at Kamra.

...I hope Pakistan joins the Altay MBT and TF-2000 AAW FFG programs.

B saahab 50/year is totally unfeasible at this moment. Where are you getting your figures from these days? This is unless PAC only assembles pre-manufactured kits, in which case they could yank out ~30 planes a year. But the prod. line at CAC won't be able to produce as many. Remember this is only the first year of production. Production lines take a few years to mature and grow. See how in a year we've got only 6-8 planes, half of them prototypes. See also how PLAAF has only about 100 J-10 even after 4-5 years of production.

Again, the Atlay might not be a good investment. Its a heavy tank and PA has an absolute upper weight limit of 50 tonnes for its tanks (I know I'm not providing a link, but you can confirm it with your friends). Technologies could be assimilated though.

PN should look at TF-2k only if it has the capability to be superior to future generations of 054. As it is PN is busy buying and building two different platforms of similar capability. The heavier class, ??-100 should be preferable, again if it is superior, including in cost, to the coming Chinese options. I believe it would've been better to forgo the Milgem and join the heavier projects. That's only my opinion btw.

may be more, but holland, england, israel, usa, turkey and germany have it. but this info was 2 years ago.

I would say far more than that, France and Sweden operate at night for certain and that is just two. I can list a lot of air forces that I am quite sure operate at night.

What weapon were you using with 5.56mm ammo?
I can tell you it certainly does kill, maybe not first round kill as with the 7.62x51 but generally the first round will incapacitate the target. If not then it is easy enough to put a few more in accurately and quickly, more so than with the 7.62 as it is generally a lot quicker to re-target with 5.56 weapons than with a 7.62 weapon.
There a lot of other advantages that the 5.56 has over the 7.62, although it also has its disadvantages.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom