What's new

From the Streets to the Olympics 🤩 | 3x3 Basketball

I played my first in the Nike 3on3 Tournament back in 1995.

And the last was in the adidas 3on3 in '99, I think.

Back then BBall was on the rise & wasn't nearly as commercial as it has become now.

Now that I think I 'bout it, I may have some of the games recorded on our old camcorder

pv-l559-camcorder-300x264.jpeg

Vintage played on VCR's 🤣 .
Those were the days when owning Air Jordans was a luxury and we'd have to settle for Air Max (Pippen/Barkley), Converse (LJ's) & adidas (John Stark).

I played my first in the Nike 3on3 Tournament back in 1995.

And the last was in the adidas 3on3 in '99, I think.

Back then BBall was on the rise & wasn't nearly as commercial as it has become now.

Now that I think I 'bout it, I may have some of the games recorded on our old camcorder

pv-l559-camcorder-300x264.jpeg

Vintage played on VCR's 🤣 .
Those were the days when owning Air Jordans was a luxury and we'd have to settle for Air Max (Pippen/Barkley), Converse (LJ's) & adidas (John Stark).

Nice, I never play in any 3on3 tournament though, but 3on3 is very commont for any basketball fans during school and university time, playing just for fun.

Nice, I never play in any 3on3 tournament though, but 3on3 is very commont for any basketball fans during school and university time, playing just for fun.
Yeah, well 3on3 is basically streetball where a lotta rules didn't go. Hand-checks were the norm. Posting up was more like BIG guys shoving us lil' ones around during the switch.

Its wasn't back then or now considered as organized basketball.

Playing varsity was more physical 'cause we'd be running up & down the court & not all games were played in a proper gym (wooden floor). I'd say 70-to-75% were outdoors and under the blazing sun.

Egypt women vs Japan women, FIBA World Cup 2023

Indonesia v Jordan | Men | Full Game | FIBA 3x3 Asia Cup 2022​

USA v Indonesia | Women's - Full Game | FIBA 3x3 Olympic Qualifier​

Back
Top Bottom