What's new

From Cadet to Generalship

Yes. The ones I said exclude branch courses anyways. What about PN? there were several PN cadets at my time. How are their training conditions in terms of combat/naval and open seas education?
The courses that i have mentioned are All Arm Course (expect Locating Course, Gunner and AD Gunnery Course and Ammunition Course) i.e they have to/can be done by every officer.

As regards the Navy, well it is the toughest. Especially those on the submarine fleet.

BTW, i had the honor to do a course alongwith a Turkish airforce Captain in the US :)

Didnt you ask for 'basic' training?

Ok, i say again; 2 yrs in PMA, 6 months basic courses (Own Arm), 6 month basic course (Infantry - to be undergone by all arms), Mid Career and Junior Staff Course of 6 months duration, these are the ones that everybody has to do.

Later, Staff Course of one year duration, War Course for One year duration.

Apart from these other optional courses like:
Counter Terrorism Course
Desert Warfare Course
Mountain Warfare Course
Basic Intelligence Course
Masters in Ammunition
Masters in Strategic Studies
Location Course
Gunnery Staff Course
Air Defence Gunnery Staff Course
Intelligence Staff Course
Logistics Staff Course
Anti-Armour Course
Sniper Course
Forward Air Controller etc etc and numerous others that almost every officer undergoes during his service.

In addition to this, officers from Army undergo Staff Courses of other Services (PAF and PN) too and vice versa.
Happy now? :)

No Urban warfare course ? as areas across the punjab border has become quite urbanized and what's difference b/w Basic Intel and Intel staff course?

The courses that i have mentioned are All Arm Course (expect Locating Course, Gunner and AD Gunnery Course and Ammunition Course) i.e they have to/can be done by every officer.

As regards the Navy, well it is the toughest. Especially those on the submarine fleet.

BTW, i had the honor to do a course alongwith a Turkish airforce Captain in the US :)

Well, people were laughing at me when I said that, in fact thy were saying the opposite. Before getting to know about naval trainings they teach basic military training for first couple years among with sailing and swim. Then the adventure begins, from basics of amphibious ops to trainings with ex-German-class training vessels. They break the red line of your limits then branch courses begin....better stop talking about it :)

Thats nice to hear. If he was a OF-2 then it might be war College?

WHAT?? Another squid here??

Our nick was Sharks..

Yes. The ones I said exclude branch courses anyways. What about PN? there were several PN cadets at my time. How are their training conditions in terms of combat/naval and open seas education?

PN Training.... (Operations Branch)
1.5 years in the Naval Academy.
10 months as Midshipman at sea.
.....Commissioning.
1 year at the Engineering college.
1 year at the Operations Warfare Schools (Nav, Comm, Gunnery, UW, EW, Junior Staff Course, Logistics, NBCD)
6 months Ship Watch keeping at Sea....
Basic Training finally complete....

For Engineering & Logistics it separates after Commissioning.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom