What's new

From 0 to 1300 Employees in Pakistan | Devsinc

_NOBODY_

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
From 0 to 1300 Employees in Pakistan | Devsinc

This episode of my podcast is a conversation with Usman Asif, a thought leader in the tech industry. The discussion covers various topics including the remote culture in Pakistan, the importance of on-site work environments, the meaning of DEVSINC, the difference between a developer and an engineer, and the significance of having a market-sellable skill set. The conversation also delves into the training and leadership practices at DEVSINC, and the growth-oriented approach of the company, as opposed to a revenue-driven one. The podcast also covers the use of AI in data analysis, the company's investment strategies, and the mission of DEVSINC. The conversation touches on the quality of freelance engineers in Pakistan, the role of AI and human intelligence, and the impact of technology advancements on skills. The podcast also discusses the hiring process at DEVSINC, team building, and the qualities of a good leader. Usman also shares his views on the tech bubble, decision-making, and advice for aspiring entrepreneurs. The podcast concludes with a thank you note and contact details for Usman Asif.

00:00 Summary of conversation with Usman Asif
02:28 Remote culture in Pakistan
05:30 Usman prefers an on-site work environment
07:15 What DEVSINC stands for?
08:40 Developer vs Engineer
10:48 Market sellable engineer
12:29 Training at DEVSINC
13:40 Leadership and CHUTZPAH
16:50 Physical vs remote workspace
18:34 Targeting clients
20:11 Data analysis through AI
21:42 DEVSINC client portfolio
22:37 Equity and investments with customers
23:17 Customer retaining
25:01 Allocating budget for equity with customers
26:03 Growth-oriented goal, not revenue-oriented
28:53 Investment strategies and temperament
30:35 Mission of DEVSINC
31:40 Diversification of investment
34:30 Freelance engineers’ quality in Pakistan
39:30 ChatGPT
41:40 AI and human intelligence
43:50 Replacement of skills by advancement in technology
48:02 Computer Science faculty in Universities
50:00 Courses and discipline
54:35 Hiring process, internship, and mentorship at DEVSINC
58:00 Grow far with the team
01:00:17 Team Building
01:04:53 Narcissism is an addiction
01:09:18 CEOs and Governing Board at DEVSINC
01:12:20 Creating Passion and accountability
01:15:00 Follow the leader who is mission oriented
01:16:42 Tech Bubble or recession
01:20:20 Decision making
01:21:18 Becoming an entrepreneur
01:24:25 Motivational speaker and Trainers
01:26:35 Understand your passion and have a range
01:30:40 Selfless mission evolution
01:32:50 Capturing software engineering market
01:35:00 Advice by Usman to aspiring entrepreneurs
01:43:25 Thank you note and Contact details of Usman Asif

@_NOBODY_ This is all good and all, but I think people miss out the very basics in Pakistan. Our biggest asset, and pretty much any nation's biggest asset is the quality of its human resource.

I feel Pakistan is not focusing and spending enough on the education sector, like the schooling cirriculum, opening more high quality public schools, as well more reputable and high quality universities.

@_NOBODY_ This is all good and all, but I think people miss out the very basics in Pakistan. Our biggest asset, and pretty much any nation's biggest asset is the quality of its human resource.

I feel Pakistan is not focusing and spending enough on the education sector, like the schooling cirriculum, opening more high quality public schools, as well more reputable and high quality universities.
The government has being doing f**k all to develop our human resource. Our national curriculums are dogsh*t and Imran Khan's proposed SNC is even worse than the current curriculums.

One of the few good things that HEC has done is giving youngsters an opportunity to learn Coursera courses for free. HEC is currently sponsoring my courses on Coursera. I just did a course on the future of payment technologies by the University of Michigan.

1676050592821.png

One of the few good things that HEC has done is giving youngsters an opportunity to learn Coursera courses for free. HEC is currently sponsoring my courses on Coursera. I just did a course on the future of payment technologies by the University of Michigan.

View attachment 915965
Courses are good - but the focus must also be on standard forms of education like STEM universities.

Short courses can only go into so much depth and teach so much.

Courses are good - but the focus must also be on standard forms of education like STEM universities.

Short courses can only go into so much depth and teach so much.
Despite their flaws, they are far better than most of the sh*t that is being taught to computer science students at my university. As I stated in this thread: https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/spac...-capacity-building-loop.760528/#post-14213911, it is better to focus on things that are within my control instead of focusing on things that are not within my control.

Despite their flaws, they are far better than most of the sh*t that is being taught to computer science students at my university. As I stated in this thread: https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/spac...-capacity-building-loop.760528/#post-14213911, it is better to focus on things that are within my control instead of focusing on things that are not within my control.
Yep which exactly proves my point that Pakistan has to pay more focus in this area and increase GDP spending to increase the quality, because clearly they are lagging behind

Back
Top Bottom