What's new

Usman Asif: CEO Devsinc, FAST, 1500+ Employees, Startups and Programming

Goodluck to you too in whatever u want to achieve 🌹
Bro- I’m older and mashallah have achieved a lot. The only advice I give younger folks is to follow your passions and the money will follow (I understand that might be more difficult in Pakistan given the society and economics). I pray that Pakistan develops a well thought out policy to export IT services because there’s so much contract work to be made. Indians dominate IT but they have muddy the waters and many companies are actively looking to transfer the backend work to more suitable countries.

I’ve cancelled about dozen Indian companies contracts (with great personal satisfaction might I add).
Shoddy work ethics made it easier.

Bro- I’m older and mashallah have achieved a lot. The only advice I give younger folks is to follow your passions and the money will follow (I understand that might be more difficult in Pakistan given the society and economics). I pray that Pakistan develops a well thought out policy to export IT services because there’s so much contract work to be made. Indians dominate IT but they have muddy the waters and many companies are actively looking to transfer the backend work to more suitable countries.

I’ve cancelled about dozen Indian companies contracts (with great personal satisfaction might I add).
Shoddy work ethics made it easier.
Nowadays, freelancing in Pakistan is picking up too, pays more then a development job in an IT firm. The only thing lacking is proper guidance as CS students like us at start don't know where to start what to do.

I'll Fully agree with the work ethics of Indians. Unfortunately I had a client who needed me to do integrate some API's for him, I can only say, from next time I ain't gonna be accepting any client who's an Indian.

Last edited:
Nowadays, freelancing in Pakistan is picking up too, pays more then a development job in an IT firm. The only thing lacking is proper guidance as CS students like us at start don't know where to start what to do.

I'll Fully agree with the work ethics of Indians. Unfortunately I had a client who needed me to do integrate some API's for him, I can only say, from next time I ain't gonna be accepting any client who's an Indian.
I strongly believe that a lot of these freelancing jobs will be replaced by AI within 5 years.

I strongly believe that a lot of these freelancing jobs will be replaced by AI within 5 years.
That's why I am moving away from development. Took AI & ML and NLP electives for this semester.

But ig 5 year is a very less time for that too happen but I can be wrong too.

That's why I am moving away from development. Took AI & ML and NLP electives for this semester.

But ig 5 year is a very less time for that too happen but I can be wrong too.
Don't rely on uni electives. Learn AI, ML and NLP from the internet and start doing projects. Out of curiosity which in FAST campus do you study?

Don't rely on uni electives. Learn AI, ML and NLP from the internet and start doing projects. Out of curiosity which in FAST campus do you study?
That's exactly what I do sir, internet is the best resource. I study in FAST Lahore.

Nice, I have a lot of friends in FAST Lahore. I go to UCP for BSCS.
I wish I went to UCP or UMT for BS CS too. FAST is just a name now nothing much left except yes job placement rates are good but uskay ilawa kuch bhi nai.

I wish I went to UCP or UMT for BS CS too. FAST is just a name now nothing much left except yes job placement rates are good but uskay ilawa kuch bhi nai.
UCP is better than UMT but at the end of the day, both of them suck. I was originally supposed to go to the University of Waterloo but then COVID happened and I had already taken two gap years so I ended up going to UCP. I am glad I didn't get admitted to FAST because their insane workload would have taken all my time reserved for other things. In UCP my workload isn't too much and this allows me to spend my time learning skills from Coursera and edX while still having enough time to enjoy my life a little.

What are you studying in FAST?

What are you studying in FAST?
Computer Science, undergrad

am glad I didn't get admitted to FAST because their insane workload would have taken all my time reserved for other things. In UCP my workload isn't too much and this allows me to spend my time learning skills from Coursera and edX while still having enough time to enjoy my life a little.
I wish I knew this before coming to FAST, most of the people misguided me really.

Computer Science, undergrad

I wish I knew this before coming to FAST, most of the people misguided me really.
Which BSCS? Right now FAST is offering many different types of BSCS like BSCS(AI) and BSCS(Data Science).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom