What's new

French Presidential and Legislative Elections 2017-News and Updates

Today is the decisive day of the election !
In some hours the French will head to the polls to choose between two different candidates with radically different visions for our country for the coming five years.
At 8PM (local hour) the face of the new President of the French Republic will be revealed.

So,who will occupy the Élysée palace during the coming five years ?!

ob_5bf0ad_palais-de-l-elysee.JPG

She's massively down in the polls, 20 odd points ? Almost a foregone conclusion at this stage, if they're not rigging the polls.

interesting analysis here:

^ pretty good channel for European politics in general.

You want to stay in EU ?

Not so long ago I had a bad opinion about the EU. But I believe now that it's a chance. Of course the actual EU is not sustainable anymore and I hope that Macron (if elected) can propose new alternatives and initiatives with our partners (Germany mostly) to rebuild completly the EU taking into account the people's opinions. He said it would be betrayal to let the EU function as it is currently.

I also don't believe we will be stronger alone instead of together. Especially in a world with rising giants.

Seems like the results from the overseas territories that voted yesterday were revealed. @Philia @LA se Karachi @ValerioAurelius
(to be taken with a pinch of salt of course for now)

Guadeloupe : Emmanuel Macron 75,1% - 24,9% Marine Le Pen
French Guyana : Emmanuel Macron 65% - 35% Marine Le Pen
Martinique : Emmanuel Macron 77,5% - 22,5% Marine Le Pen
Saint-Barthélemy : Emmanuel Macron 58,4% - 41,6% Marine Le Pen
Saint-Martin : Emmanuel Macron 67,6% - 32,4% Marine Le Pen
Saint-Pierre et Miquelon : Emmanuel Macron 63,3% - 36,7% Marine Le Pen
-
The turnout rate at 12PM for this second round was 28,23%. (stable with the turnout rate of the first round at the same hour.)
In 2012 at the same hour it was at 30,66%. In 2007 it was at 34,11%.

ssts.jpg

Last edited:
Seems like the results from the overseas territories that voted yesterday were revealed. @Philia @LA se Karachi @ValerioAurelius
(to be taken with a pinch of salt of course for now)

Guadeloupe : Emmanuel Macron 75,1% - 24,9% Marine Le Pen
French Guyana : Emmanuel Macron 65% - 35% Marine Le Pen
Martinique : Emmanuel Macron 77,5% - 22,5% Marine Le Pen
Saint-Barthélemy : Emmanuel Macron 58,4% - 41,6% Marine Le Pen
Saint-Martin : Emmanuel Macron 67,6% - 32,4% Marine Le Pen
Saint-Pierre et Miquelon : Emmanuel Macron 63,3% - 36,7% Marine Le Pen
-
The turnout rate at 12PM for this second round was 28,23%. (stable with the turnout rate of the first round at the same hour.)
In 2012 at the same hour it was at 30,66%. In 2007 it was at 34,11%.

View attachment 395207

I did not expect le pen so powerful there. Isnt your colonies extremly left? I expected le pen there with 8%. Btw why no New Caledonia? Ill bei there next year.

Not so long ago I had a bad opinion about the EU. But I believe now that it's a chance. Of course the actual EU is not sustainable anymore and I hope that Macron (if elected) can propose new alternatives and initiatives with our partners (Germany mostly) to rebuild completly the EU taking into account the people's opinions. He said it would be betrayal to let the EU function as it is currently.

I also don't believe we will be stronger alone instead of together. Especially in a world with rising giants.

Thats the Problem Amigo. Macron = Germany. And spain, italy ect want real Change. You cant reform something when one group has no voice.

Voted... And I'm tired...
BUt for those I saw voting it's was Full Macron...
1 was voting LePen... then you get few guys asking her why she does so... The answer is... Bc I want " Vous faire chier..."
Ah sometimes ppl...

Voted... And I'm tired...
BUt for those I saw voting it's was Full Macron...
1 was voting LePen... then you get few guys asking her why she does so... The answer is... Bc I want " Vous faire chier..."
Ah sometimes ppl...
When I voted the last time in Sweden, two thirds of the voters I noticed were voting for the feminist party, but they did not even make the 4% cut.
Making predictions from just three people is bound to fail, lol...

When I voted the last time in Sweden, two thirds of the voters I noticed were voting for the feminist party, but they did not even make the 4% cut.
Making predictions from just three people is bound to fail, lol...
This was no prediction...just an observation...

This was no prediction...just an observation...

Yeah you voted. The tunisian, french, italian, inuit, martian, atacameno, papua newguinean aboriginal. :D

For all who didnt know yet. Our good Hanni is evrything. Once a Tunisian national he later on turned french as he said he voted there and then later on was also italian and voted here in Italy as well. He claims to be evryone...when reality he is nothing at all? :/

P.s.: I have a friend from Nice and he voted lePen and says all his family did so. But southern france always was the more realistic french.

Seems someone is butthurt... But as for Italian vote... I can do so...but I don't really care of their outcome...no ties with such country... but since jus sanguinis is involved I can't do otherwise :)

And yes... mutiple nationalities do exist... :)

Back
Top Bottom