What's new

French Foreign Legion

544_delta

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
how can i join and how much they pay? can my bs(ee) degree with 2.9 cgpa get me into the legion's technical services?(im a 3rd year student of bs(ee) at comsats)
P:S i know its a desperate measure but i dont think i can have a future here in pakistan...you gotta have a pawa to get even an internship (even unpaids are a effing pain in the arse) i dont see a job for me here what with a gazillion engineers passing our every six months or so....

how can i join and how much they pay? can my bs(ee) degree with 2.9 cgpa get me into the legion's technical services?(im a 3rd year student of bs(ee) at comsats)
P:S i know its a desperate measure but i dont think i can have a future here in pakistan...you gotta have a pawa to get even an internship (even unpaids are a effing pain in the arse) i dont see a job for me here what with a gazillion engineers passing our every six months or so....

Your degree doesn't matter--and starting salary is 1280€, then it can be more than 3000€ it depend on in which REG you are. And i hope physically you are very fit and very tuff.

Your degree doesn't matter--and starting salary is 1280€, then it can be more than 3000€ it depend on in which REG you are. And i hope physically you are very fit and very tuff.
so i contact their embassy for tests/selection? and how tough are the tests ..i have been through issb once so can you tell me how it compares to ffl selection procedure?

Haram ke maut marna chahtay ho ? Go to any gulf country and you can have some job easily if you don't get it easily in Pakistan...!

Haram ke maut marna chahtay ho ? Go to any gulf country and you can have some job easily if you don't get it easily in Pakistan...!
ffl=death? who knew:blink:?
on serious note its not easy getting a job there either...gotta have references and connections and sh8t like that plus im not that big on gulf or arabs for that matter plus i like military service

looks like they'll hire anyone ...

on serious note its not easy getting a job there either...gotta have references and connections and sh8t like that plus im not that big on gulf or arabs for that matter plus i like military service
FFL simply means being a mercenary ....If that is what you want to be ...there are hundreds of organizations who are working around the world ...!

looks like they'll hire anyone ...
Go to utube and type french legions u will get theior all info its free i mean u can apply that its french force for only non french with 8000 strong men with 100 different back grounds minimum u will serve 5 yrs But listen DUDE IF U NOT PHYSICALLY AND MORE FIT MENTALY U STAND NO CHANCE THEY WILL DRAIN U MENTALY SO better think u have a chance or not beacuse they gonna make u soldier from nomilitary background with guys having different i dentities and culture plus make sure u pick up french skill too .Its been honour to be legion not everybody can be.

so i contact their embassy for tests/selection? and how tough are the tests ..i have been through issb once so can you tell me how it compares to ffl selection procedure?
1st get a visa, once in france, you can go to any selection center, there 4-5 if i am not wrong, one isn't far away from my house.
2nd you should be able to do minimum 3 pull ups like that(video), without any weight unlike in the video:
3rd the most hard test: running. Just like in the video, the distance id of 20 meters, and every 2 min you have to speed up, and you should keep it up until your best.

I had a friend who got admin discharged from the US Army in 2005, he was a 1 LT with Sapper, Ranger and SF tab, he went to France to join the FFL and he got past all the selection and training but was forced to bail after a final psychological assessment.

What he said was, and I quote (Bear in mind I know nothing) The PT part is quite easy, still it's gonna be hard for someone without SF tab, but what they are looking for is soldiers that understand and ok with the way the French fought, and this is what got him in the end.

And no, FFL is not a merc like KBR or Blackwater, they are a part of French Armed Force, which allow foreign citizen to join their rank, much like the British Army, I don't know what happened to it now, but it used to allow foreign country in Commonwealth Realm to join the British Armed Force in the 90s and 2000s

what they are looking for is soldiers that understand and ok with the way the French fought, and this is what got him in the end.
what was it about 'the way the French fight' that your ranger/SF buddy disagreed on ?

what was it about 'the way the French fight' that your ranger/SF buddy disagreed on ?

no idea, probably he wanted some sort of command position and the French did not let him have it. He did once said he have a thing about under French Command. But I don't know, he did not tell me anything, all I know is, he went for France for a few month and came back doing nothing ...

no idea, probably he wanted some sort of command position and the French did not let him have it. He did once said he have a thing about under French Command. But I don't know, he did not tell me anything, all I know is, he went for France for a few month and came back doing nothing ...
but for quite a while the FFF were absorbing all sorts of hardened criminals and convicts from everywhere as long as they made the loyalty test, whatever that was :angel: weren't they ? :coffee:

even today, I wonder if anyone really cares in the thick of the fog of war when the lines of morality blur

They gonna deploy you to Mali or any african Nation , advice for ya : don't go for it .. I once wanted to join this legion and i didn't go in the end ...you have to do what they want , if you are muslim you will eat Pork , ETC...

Don't join any other military , serve your country ... no one will remember you serving france or other european country if you died during combat.

Its not suitable for well educated people because they ought to become commissioned officer directly but in FFL everyone joins as basic foot soldier. Officers are french. but excellent for those with little education.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom