What's new

'Frankenstorm' bears down on US east coast

Locally it is nearly back to normal. Only about 1600 homes remain without power, and they be back on by late tonight.

The first light snow of the season has started though. :(

^^^Right...Its supposed to dip down to the 30s tonight...

I pray for all those without electricity or hot water...its going to be a tough next few days.

Bloomberg needs to cancel that damn marathon and focus on those people that lost so much and will probably suffer through the elements over the next couple of days...

^^^Right...Its supposed to dip down to the 30s tonight...

I pray for all those without electricity or hot water...its going to be a tough next few days.

Bloomberg needs to cancel that damn marathon and focus on those people that lost so much and will probably suffer through the elements over the next couple of days...

The marathon has been canceled.

Two things you have to bear in mind: 1) Make sure your routes are open, if not, the alternate routes could be jam pack or you might get lost. So GPS can be helpful here. 2) Full tank of gas because the line can be long.

But I suggest you do go because it's always good for your mind to experience something out of the ordinary. The traffics can be unpredictable though so give yourself plenty of time would put the trip on a positive note.

I am going as my wife is putting together a package to be dropped off for the charities out there. There are certain news which I heard even in office which is heartwrenching - One of the colleagues mentioned that one of his friend's house burnt off in Breezypoint, NY. One more of my ex-colleagues who had her house in Clinton, Connecticut who posted her pictures boarding the house in FB before Sandy hit the coast had her first floor destroyed and her patio washed away - a complete mess. And saw in news couple of kids plucked away from their mom in SUV.

im not in new york....im in dc

low 50s during day early/mid 40s @ night

i come from the mountains......I'm used to bitter cold :D

50s is still ridin' weather! :D

Did you get that part ordered?

Di-spite the fact the hurricane made its landmarks, the stock market is still increasing, but we all should be focused on the fiscal cliff, and trying to rebuild the damages, which would take part of our growth.

Seems my FB petition worked LOL....Social media rules!

My wife mentioned to me in the morning couple of comments and people criticizing on a tv channel and picked up by other channels as well.

- When people wanted to use the portable toilets meant for Marathoners - they were prevented from doing so.
- A lady's mother-in-law who had rented a hotel room in Staten island was asked to vacate today morning as they said reservations were there for the marathoners.

I think the criticisms would have made the governor to cancel it.

Lower East Side Power is back FYI...East 9th and A just got power

So hopefully shouldnt be too long before all of Manhattan is back in beeznass..

Hope those in Jersey and LI get theirs back ASAP.....Make it happen ConED!

My wife mentioned to me in the morning couple of comments and people criticizing on a tv channel and picked up by other channels as well.

- When people wanted to use the portable toilets meant for Marathoners - they were prevented from doing so.
- A lady's mother-in-law who had rented a hotel room in Staten island was asked to vacate today morning as they said reservations were there for the marathoners.

I think the criticisms would have made the governor to cancel it.

Its just plain ******* stupid to reallocate any available resources to a bloody marathon....even if it potentially generates money for NYC...
All Im saying is, have the marathon...just not this week or next...It shouldnt be a huge deal to change dates damnit...especially when its being sponsored and half the city is in ruins

50s is still ridin' weather! :D

Did you get that part ordered?

Not yet. But am looking at a gixer750 tomorrow

I don't have a leather jacket just gloves. But I can survive anything below 50 would be uneasy

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom