What's new

'Frankenstorm' bears down on US east coast

All members from Northeast - hope you are safe and got through the night with minimum disruptions.

THE STORM IN NYC IS OFFICIALLY OVER! THE SUN IS TRYING TO BREAK THROUGH. Temperature 55*F the wind is down to 24MPH. The subway system is in the process of pumping out water and repair/replace electrical equipments. Routes will begin to operate as soon as they're ready and tomorrow will be a regular business day. People in low lying area or by the shores are effected the most as they're pumping out their basements.

There are 712,000 homes without power in the metro and it might take 2-3 days to more than a week for power to come back on. COULD BE WORST.

THE STORM IN NYC IS OFFICIALLY OVER! THE SUN IS TRYING TO BREAK THROUGH. Temperature 55*F the wind is down to 24MPH. The subway system is in the process of pumping out water and repair/replace electrical equipments. Routes will begin to operate as soon as they're ready and tomorrow will be a regular business day. People in low lying area or by the shores are effected the most as they're pumping out their basements.

There are 712,000 homes without power in the metro and it might take 2-3 days to more than a week for power to come back on. COULD BE WORST.

Still windy in NYC.

What about that fire in Queens Borough? I heard 80 houses destroyed by fire?

Hauppauge too is without power & i think cell phones also not working.:undecided:

Where I live was safe for the most part minimal damage to stores around the area, other areas were not so lucky some places flooded waist deep and transportation systems are a mess.

It's been thirty hours of precip and wind. I can't remember any storm like this. Thankfully everybody is safe and the electricity has remained on - the product, no doubt, of two years of heavy maintenance investment by PEPCO, which had been called on the carpet by local governments for its performance after previous, more minor storms, and threatened with the prospect of no future rate increases until their job was done right.

Alhumdolliah! We are safe and we had power but not all were lucky. Sandy left her footprint along the way. Some pictures from my neighborhood.

img2012103000034.jpg

img2012103000037.jpg

img2012103000038.jpg

img2012103000039.jpg

It's been thirty hours of precip and wind. I can't remember any storm like this. Thankfully everybody is safe and the electricity has remained on - the product, no doubt, of two years of heavy maintenance investment by PEPCO, which had been called on the carpet by local governments for its performance after previous, more minor storms, and threatened with the prospect of no future rate increases until their job was done right.

Well hopefully every PDF American is safe. But i've heard 25+ Americans have died, Fire has destroyed 80+ houses in Queens-NY, Millions without Power.:hitwall:

Hope every thing gets well soon.

yours is a typical zionist/jewish name.....anon,,,anon...sharon anon....sharon anon perez shalom jackson.

Guess this isn't seen as inflammatory enough to be deleted, if you have nothing to add to this serious thread except for childish name calling and drivel, don't bother to post.

The pictures are quite bad!

Is it over though... I thought they said the hurricane will come down again and strike NE in 24-48 hours... what's that about?

Went around to check the damage

DSC_0797.jpg

DSC_0801.jpg

Guess this isn't seen as inflammatory enough to be deleted, if you have nothing to add to this serious thread except for childish name calling and drivel, don't bother to post.

Ignore him - he is a troll. Was trolling in another threads and got banned.

DSC_0808.jpg

DSC_0816.jpg

The pictures are quite bad!

Is it over though... I thought they said the hurricane will come down again and strike NE in 24-48 hours... what's that about?

The mentioned the storm surge will be there but the waters have started to recede. That is good in itself considering the original prediction.

You northeast people have some nice houses while in Florida it is over priced and its little. :hitwall:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom