What's new

France & Pakistan to revive JF-17 Avionics/EW/Missiles deal as Indian MMRCA stalls.

So, till now all here have been bragging and advocating about 'CHINESE AVIONICS' being on par with those from west and that 200kg sd-10 better than AMRAAM. And on one unconfirmed news, we are ready to throw away China maal and go to west in a second. I would prefer Mica but should wait till confirmation of the news.Like our first love who rejected us is now calling us back and get ready to leave wife and return to her on one call. One thing for sure that French 'll charge more than we can afford and is PAF ready to invest its stretched funds with ongoing chinese procurements? It will hurt JF sales too. Since who would wanna buy chinese avionics and weaponry with it when even PAF ain't buying, and we can't convince French for supply to all intended customers considering the potential customers we're targeting, aren't that close to the west.

Till confirmation, we shouldn't get high because tomorrow we still maybe comparing our current avionics with French ones critically

Who says Chinese package is useless? Heck, it is awesome and I would pick it over anything. Although, diversification is not a bad idea. There is no denying that French avionics package is a good addition for JF-17.

Of course we need to wait for confirmation, but the prospect isn't bad.

Contrary to what many Indians would like to believe, France hasn't exactly turned it's back on Pakistan, this PAF C-130 was picking up cargo on February 19, 2015 in Toulouse, France.

16609751775_bc749c379d.jpg

@Horus personally i will say it's a pressure tactics and PAC is not willing to get this all because in first place china invested lot in field of avionics+did a lot of cyber espionage on western avionics manufacturers.PAC has invested lot in those avionics at kamra+ did lot of research with NESCOM in this field current avionic package packs enough punch to deal Migs and Mirages+have got fair chance against sukhois.

Well what can they offer us now?Block II is already into Production and for block 3 they don't have anything to offer.

As per official PAF source's the AESA is already planned/Development for Block 3 and the upgraded RD93 will anyday be better and a more reliable source to get from than getting a snecma.

Contrary to what many Indians would like to believe, France hasn't exactly turned it's back on Pakistan, this PAF C-130 was picking up cargo on February 19, 2015 in Toulouse, France.

16609751775_bc749c379d.jpg
They will do business with anyone where it suits their interests, so while they'll continue to do low-level trade with Pakistan, they aren't about to engage in the sort of deal this thread is proposing for fear of losing business with a much larger market.

Anyway, what was that Hec transporting back? Is it a certainty it was transporting anything at all and not simply there on a lay-over?

And in the old thread where this deal was scuttled, most Pakistani members were claiming that Chinese avionics are now even better and hence french stuff was anyway not needed. Given the enthusiasm being seen on this "highly placed sources" backed news, looks like that was a case of sour grapes :D

anyway, are these verifiable sources, or is it based on an uncle's friend being high up in PAF or ISI kind of news. ?

Read @oscars first post on this thread.

Pakistan is mainly dealing with Thales rather than Dassault
And India does no business with Thales? Thales doesn't have billions to gain from India? Whether it is Thales or Dassualt it doesn't change the equation sir, Indian Market > Pakistani market.

Regardless of the volume of potential Indian business, the French wouldn't like to lose the Pakistani market
In an ideal world sure but there can be no doubt India will force the French to cut all but very small scale sales to Pakistan.

Hypothetically thinking if the news is true then what exectly PAF is looking from France..
I mean which Radar, EW Suit and engine..??

They will do business with anyone where it suits their interests, so while they'll continue to do low-level trade with Pakistan, they aren't about to engage in the sort of deal this thread is proposing for fear of losing business with a much larger market.

Anyway, what was that Hec transporting back? Is it a certainty it was transporting anything at all and not simply there on a lay-over?
I'm sure i read something to the same effect in reference to Russia. The world my friend doesn't exactly rotates around India, for arguments sake, after a decade of testing different platforms before deciding for Rafale, is India in a position to go back to the drawing board or for that matter put all it's eggs in the American basket.

Who says Chinese package is useless? Heck, it is awesome and I would pick it over anything. Although, diversification is not a bad idea. There is no denying that French avionics package is a good addition for JF-17.

Of course we need to wait for confirmation, but the prospect isn't bad.
Who said it's useless? But believe me PAF and 99.9 percent fanboys here including me would take French option if we were to choose. If Chinese package is good then why should we buy another package? and it's not gonna be free

Honestly how are you guys happy with this ? In our need they stalled our deals now that indian's are cancelling the deal they want the deal back. and oh my GOD ! how could PAF happily say yes to it. Furthermore I though klj 7 was as "capable"as french counterpart what the hell happened to that !

I'm sure i read something to the same effect in reference to Russia. The world my friend doesn't exactly rotates around India, for arguments sake, after a decade of testing different platforms before deciding for Rafale, is India in a position to go back to the drawing board or for that matter put all it's eggs in the American basket.
Well 99.99 % Indians thinks exactly opposite.. specially this @Abingdonboy guy...! :guns:

The world my friend doesn't exactly rotates around India,
Of course it doesn't, BUT as the world's largest arms importer the global arms industry is far more like to be inclined to India, is it not? That kind of buying power( that isn't going to diminish ) buys a certain amount of leverage.

after a decade of testing different platforms before deciding for Rafale, is India in a position to go back to the drawing board or for that matter put all it's eggs in the American basket.
There is always the option to walk away, I'm not saying it will happen or it would be easy on India but the pressure is more on the seller than the customer.

Back
Top Bottom