What's new

France & Pakistan to revive JF-17 Avionics/EW/Missiles deal as Indian MMRCA stalls.

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Highly placed industrial sources have indicated to me that the deal for advanced Avionics, Radar, EW suite, HMD/S and MICA Missiles for PAF's JF-17 Thunder jets is back on the table. The deal was postponed after India removed Rafale from its MMRCA. Now that the Rafale deal with India is stalling, the French are willing to sell the whole package PAF wants for its Thunder fleet.

@Windjammer :enjoy:

If it happen this will be the biggest news of 2015 ... and it will completely change the JF program ...
@Horus how capable your source is ?

Highly placed industrial sources have indicated to me that the deal for advanced Avionics, Radar, EW suite, HMD/S and MICA Missiles for PAF's JF-17 Thunder jets is back on the table. The deal was postponed after India removed Rafale from its MMRCA. Now that the Rafale deal with India is stalling, the French are willing to sell the whole package PAF wants for its Thunder fleet.

If Rafale deal doesn't happen...it will help us to increase our capabilities...one thing is for sure that India has been using this MMRCA deal to keep the french away from us... From 8-9 years the french are not willing to selling us anything....if you have the cash the french are willing to sell any thing... e.g. Agosta 90 B subs..let see what's the outcome...

Only future will tell..
But i would say that chances are not bright for that. Much more chances are for Salex AESA package for Blk-3.
Yes, we may have now a chance for used Mirages-2000 from 3rd country with up-gradation package by Dassault.
Any ways a good news if true.

Very good news. Whatever happens its a win win situation for France either they get rafale deal or make India pay for the delay big time. But the move to bring the deal back on the table because India is delaying the Rafale deal is not a good indication about the French dealings they might step back if India agrees to their terms.
Pakistan must be careful French aren't trustworthy, and right now they are blackmailing India for sure.

1828528.jpg

Bring me some French Fries :D

Simple French are playing Pakistan card to get Indian MMRCA,if India kicks french out simply JF-17 will get all this stuff and nodoubt jf-17 will be formidable beast in sky's..

what if one day french have a new deal with indians... then our deal will be stalled... french are not trustworthy

If the deal is signed most probably they will honor it. It might be a pressure tactics by France and India might give in to this pressure. French most likely will enter into negotiations with Pakistan and wait for the final outcome of Indian deal. If it stalls, they will ink the agreement soon after. Don't expect this to happen before India finally calls off Rafael. French are smart people.

I heard the deal for refit Indian Mirages was so expensive because it included bribes for cancelling Pakistani deal.
To put things in context, the cost of each upgraded Mirage 2k was more than cost of procuring a spanking new Mig-29SMT.

I doubt this is correct but if it is then well played.

We shall see.

Horus, do you think it will be a wise move to go ahead with this proposal? What if they are using it as a pressure tactic?

Back
Top Bottom