What's new

Founder of China : Cantonese - Hakka

Taiwan-China history

Post–martial law until now
With Taiwan all but excluded from the international community and China growing economically and militarily, Lee Teng-hui had his work cut out for him. Early in his presidency, Lee paid lip service to the ‘One China policy, ’ but as the years progressed he developed a more pro-independence stance. Mistrustful of Lee, China launched a series of missiles only 25km away from the Taiwanese coast in 1995. But the scare tactics backfired, and Taiwan reelected Lee Teng-hui in open elections the following year.

FNOTW: Other conflicts: The historical background

In a nutshell, people of Yangtze River Delta, including Shanghai, southern Jiangsu and Zhejiang are called "Wu" people and speak "Wu" dialect, and "wu" should be pronounced like "gn" in our dialect. This region used to be "Wu" Kingdom and back 2000 years ago, Zhejiang was "Yue" Kingdom, I hope Viets wont claim us!

He he he. Interesting. I just watch the "Great Revival". TV series about how a smaller and weaker kingdom of Yue stood up against the bigger and stronger kingdom of Wu.

Last edited:
In China, it really doesn't matter that much what region or dialect that you speak. We are all Han and Chinese.

Sun Yat Sen is hakka. But does the fact that he is hakka made any difference?

NO. In fact, almost nobody knows he is hakka when he is alive. Most only know that he came from Guangdong. Nobody care because it really don't matter that much.

It was after his death, his daughter(or grand daughter I can't remember) attending a world hakka conference that revealed he is hakka, only then the world found out.

H

Mao zedong was also a founder.

However no person from India can deny that only 2 groups founded what is today modern India. Basically Brahmin was the highest class, the top seed of the country while the Gujarati was a striving cultural force that led it to happen. You also can't deny that the Xinhai revolution could never place if it weren't for those 2 groups.

Hakka = Brahmin
Cantonese = Gujarati

Hakka and Cantonese are Han Chinese. You cannot compare them with Brahmin or Gujarati. Brahmin is a Caste and Gujarati is an ethnicity.

Cantonese are good for business and entertainment, but they aren't suitable for politics, at least in the Mainland China.

To manage the behemoth Mainland China is far more difficulty than Taiwan/HK or any peanut-sized Southeast Asian countries.
you are right, Cantonese or Southerner are low-class greedy people who only care of business and money, not for high politics, while high-class Northerner like people of Shanghai and Peking look down on them and loot all of money if there is a chance.

"Cantonese or Southerner are low-class greedy people who only care of business and money, not for high politics"

Since Vietnamese people are related to Southerners, are you implying that Vietnamese people are low-class greedy people as well.

you are right, Cantonese or Southerner are low-class greedy people who only care of business and money, not for high politics, while high-class Northerner like people of Shanghai and Peking look down on them and loot all of money if there is a chance.

You are wrong, Shanghainese are southerner too. Another proof that you vietnamese troll know nothing about China and Chinese history.

Since Vietnamese people are related to Southerners, are you implying that Vietnamese people are low-class greedy people as well.
no, we are different as we are free from the Han Chinese slavery. 
That's b.s man. They respect White and Koreans/Japanese but they can't respect dark skin people.
do you know how HK people see Viets?

Last edited:
Without the great Hakka leader Sun Yat sen there will be no new founding of modern China.And without the Cantonese revolution, finance and without Hong Kong there would never be such thing in the first place.

Does anyone agree?

Without them no modern china no xinhai revolution. Chinese will still be under Manchu rule

I'm a Indian born in Hong Kong but I have nothing to do with the the Hong Kong Chinese like Cantonese - Hakka although I can speak Cantonese and understand it fluently.

The famous bollywood actress Katrina Kaif was also born in Hong Kong like me. There are surprsingly some famous HK born indians in overseas.

According to Republic of China (aka KMT), it's true that Sun Yat Sen was the founding father of modern China....That is what we are told in our school in Taiwan.

But...modern history of China is kind of complicated. There are many factions in China at the time.

I just want to say, history was written by the victor. And the Christian won and later the Communist...too bad, both of them are foreign worshiper.

You are wrong, Shanghainese are southerner too. Another proof that you vietnamese troll know nothing about China and Chinese history.
This is correct. I am a Shanhainese and my mother always said we are southern. Although my father origin is a Northern, I consider myself a Southern. LOL

By the way, don't fall into the trap. They are trying to break us apart by creating illusive ethnic boundary when there is none. Cantonese Patrilieanlity is Han. Most responsible for collapse of Qing is a contribution of many revolutionists. One of which is the most important is Yuan Shikai. Time for Indian to learn history. LOL

no, we are different as we are free from the Han Chinese slavery. 

do you know how HK people see Viets?

There is no such thing of Han Chinese slavery, but "Emperors'/CCP's slavery".
Just like your VCP.

You know there is a saying in Mainland China:
First the foreigners, Second the officeholders, Third the minorities and Last the Han.
一等洋人二等官,三等少民四等漢

How HK people see Viets?
Four characters: 北漏洞拉

Hakka and Cantonese are Han Chinese. You cannot compare them with Brahmin or Gujarati. Brahmin is a Caste and Gujarati is an ethnicity.

That's true but at the end of the day people still see them as a high status ethnic group.

Back
Top Bottom