What's new

Founder of China : Cantonese - Hakka

The grandpa generation of HK is ok, it is mainly the problem of those people born from 1940-1970s.

Since these people grew up during the golden age of HK's economy, of course they are the most pro-British one.

While the grandpa generation grew up when the British colonizers were still extremely racist towards the people from its colonies, of course they can't forget how being mistreated by those British colonizers.

We also experienced extreme racism from the British white devils in India, Pakistan. They took the best food and took our best houses to live in while starving many Indians to death and living on the street.

The capital city of India is delhi and this is city ruled by Brahmin we have the highest standard of living among all Indian groups this is because we are the highest society. I also read world famous trading port city was in Guangzhou? they even won the Asia football club.

By the way, how come such a important group of people like yourselves in China don't have your own preservation of culture, dialect? in India if you are in the top class you get to have your own language movies, entertainment, music, cinema, dramas.

What do you mean we don't have our own culture, and dialect? We are just not as well known to the outside world as Cantonese since we don't have the tradition of immigrating over all the world.

Our cuisine is very different, we add sugar to everything, including meat, fish, and veggie. Our cuisine is much much lighter than other regional cuisines. We speak Wu dialect but do have some variations. Before 1949, lots of famous writers used Shanghai dialect to write books, including Zhang Ailing Eileen Chang - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I guess the central government always was concerned with this region since Chiang KaiShek, the president of Republic of China that fled to Taiwan, was from Ningbo, so the government always neglected us and tried to abolish regionalism in this region. This is just my guess, don't take it as 100% truth!

Last edited:
Shanghai was the richest city before communist revolution. Yangtze River Delta includes southern Jiangsu, Shanghai and Zhejiang province where Ninbgo is located, and speak "Wu" dialect. This region has always been the richest region since Southern Song Dynasty when they fled Mongol in the north and Shanghai was a tiny fishing village in the delta area 150 years ago. Basically for past 500 years, all scholars, scientists, and in modern days, members of China Academy of Science and Academy of Social Science, all dominated by people of this region. I am mighty proud.

Cantonese became well known after 1949 when mainland China was closed to the outside world and Hong Kong basically dominated all trading from China to the rest of world, along with its people and dialect.

BTW, I am from Ningbo. I can understand Shanghai dialect perfectly but just wont be able to speak like natives.

In a nutshell, people of Yangtze River Delta, including Shanghai, southern Jiangsu and Zhejiang are called "Wu" people and speak "Wu" dialect, and "wu" should be pronounced like "gn" in our dialect. This region used to be "Wu" Kingdom and back 2000 years ago, Zhejiang was "Yue" Kingdom, I hope Viets wont claim us!

Don't always pretend that Shanghai was getting ruined by CPC.

With ROC's hyperinflated economy in the late 1940s, they were destined to collapse and Shanghai wouldn't keep shining with this failed regime.

Shanghai still played an important role from Mao to Deng's economical reform era, while it will soon regain and surpass its former grandeur.

You cannot compare India's caste system with China, we don't have one.
If you're talking about racism, that has nothing to do with caste system. I'm not from HK, I'm not aware of any racism there. Ask Chinese Dragon.

There is definitely racism in Hong Kong. Much more so than in the Mainland.

There are some people who just hate all other races, calling white people "白皮猪" (white-skinned pigs) or black people as "黑鬼" (black devils). Or some wannabe Triads who just want to fight for the sake of fighting.

But of course, racism is an issue that exists in all societies. The fact that HK has more racism than the Mainland may have something to do with the fact that Hong Kong people are pretty much all Han Chinese with very few of the Chinese minority groups, but that is just a guess. So the HK Government did not have any formal anti-racism policies until fairly recently.

Last edited:
You cannot compare India's caste system with China, we don't have one. Our elite do not have their own music, drama......like your Brahmins.

If you're talking about racism, that has nothing to do with caste system. I'm not from HK, I'm not aware of any racism there. Ask Chinese Dragon.

Well I can't say that India is anything better, I can say that we are worse because are government still treats some low caste groups as worthless, even the demand for water is sometimes not given.

However since Hong Kong were raised with western values and is famous international city, huge economic influence on the world they should have behaved high class but their attitude to dark skin people is degrading to their image. People from South Asian to Southeast Asia are still being looked down, they either get get stereotypes as terrorists or maids, nothing had been done to improve their image. 
What do you mean we don't have our own culture, and dialect? We are just not as well known to the outside world as Cantonese since we don't have the tradition of immigrating over all the world.

Our cuisine is very different, we add sugar to everything, including meat, fish, and veggie. Our dialect is much much lighter than other regional cuisines. We speak Wu dialect but do have some variations. Before 1949, lots of famous writers used Shanghai dialect to write books, including Zhang Ailing Eileen Chang - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I guess the central government always was concerned with this region since Chiang KaiShek, the president of Republic of China that fled to Taiwan, was from Ningbo, so the government always neglected us and tried to abolish regionalism in this region. This is just my guess, don't take it as 100% truth!

I have wiki or youtube Shanghainese or Wu speaking and there is very little to offer. And on wikipedia it says it has no official status in shanghai or zhenjiang. Mandarin is used as the lingua france on daily basis.

Last edited:
Well I can't say that India is anything better, I can say that we are worse because are government still treats some low caste groups as worthless, even the demand for water is sometimes not given.

However since Hong Kong were raised with western values and is famous international city, huge economic influence on the world they should have behaved high class but their attitude to dark skin people is degrading to their image. People from South Asian to Southeast Asia are still being looked down, they either get get stereotypes as terrorists or maids, nothing had been done to improve their image.

There are some people who just hate all other races, calling white people "白皮猪" (white-skinned pigs) or black people as "黑鬼" (black devils). Or some wannabe Triads who just want to fight for the sake of fighting.

But of course, racism is an issue that exists in all societies. The fact that HK has more racism than the Mainland may have something to do with the fact that Hong Kong people are pretty much all Han Chinese with very few of the Chinese minority groups, but that is just a guess.

I guess we have to distinguish the difference between the disadvantage of being a minority and racism. They can mean two different things.

I have wiki or youtube Shanghainese or Wu speaking and there is very little to offer. And on wikipedia it says it has no official status in shanghai or zhenjiang. Mandarin is used as the lingua france on daily basis.

What? I just randomly searched and got this Wu Chinese - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To be honest, my mandarin is horrible. I cannot differentiate between n and ng, z and zh, c and ch.

It would have been far better if we had migrated to Malaysia because of some of our culture and traditions are similar. Indians in Singapore and HK get discriminated too often in the job market.

Indians/Pakistani being terrorists, smelly people are too often shown in Hong Kong comedy movies and dramas

Last edited:
I would have been far better if we had migrated to Malaysian because if some of our culture and traditions are similar. Indians in Singapore and HK get discriminated too often in the job market.

Indians/Pakistani being terrorists, smelly people are too often shown in Hong Kong comedy movies and dramas

lol. Malaysia would be better? But Malaysia is a Muslim country! I thought Indians and Muslims don't get along very well.

What? I just randomly searched and got this Wu Chinese - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To be honest, my mandarin is horrible. I cannot differentiate between n and ng, z and zh, c and ch.

Well I read on many article saying Shanghainese and Wu dialects are slowly disappearing.

If you don't do something you be just like many Indian languages

" 780 languages spoken in India, 250 died out in last 50 years' .... children in India are fed with a language which is different from their dialects " because those fed with a language different to theirs are inferior classes 
lol. Malaysia would be better? But Malaysia is a Muslim country! I thought Indians and Muslims don't get along very well.

Malaysian has some great Indian influence, the malays treat us much better and fair because we share some things in common.

But of course, racism is an issue that exists in all societies. The fact that HK has more racism than the Mainland may have something to do with the fact that Hong Kong people are pretty much all Han Chinese with very few of the Chinese minority groups, but that is just a guess. So the HK Government did not have any formal anti-racism policies until fairly recently.

I think it's because in Mainland China, we went through this " the world is big family we must liberate the oppressed people" stage. The propaganda is like this: nationalism is petty, all Proletariat in the world unite!

I think it's because in Mainland China, we went through this " the world is big family we must liberate the oppressed people" stage. The propaganda is like this: nationalism is petty, all Proletariat in the world unite!

lol, are you sure that Mao is less nationalistic than Chiang, you KMT fanboy.

This man was responsible for overthrowing the Qing Dynasty, and he was born in Central China.

yuan_shikai.jpg
I may be wrong, but didn't this guy call himself emperor when he tried to revive monarchism in China?
I was learning about the Qing Dynasty a year ago, which was what made me start getting into Chinese history. 
Cantonese are good for business and entertainment, but they aren't suitable for politics, at least in the Mainland China.
You should see the corrupted politicians in my nation. They are Southerners, since most Chinese-Filipinos are part-Cantonese.

What crap this guy @ManUNITEDglory talking about India. Delhi is ruled by Brahmins LMAO and spreading the same colonial Aryan-Dravidian divide crap.

That was because India was in times of chaos
My grandparents was also already in Hong Kong
When were you born?

Was your grandparents born in HK? If so, then they could be traders for the British. Anyway, have you visited India yet?

Back
Top Bottom