What's new

Forum Update 2020|Feedback and Discussion

Do you like the new style/theme of the forum?

• Yes

• No

• Not Sure

Results are only viewable after voting.
What is this about?

Take an example of this.

Previous was like this

2.PNG

Now

1.PNG

We cant see the latest post and time and thread in each sub forum now

Now it seems reasonable. Though we cannot see page traffic.
Also, Latest replies should be longer than specific forum replies.

@WebMaster

Adjusting to the new layout shouldn't be an issue (preference on user details to left instead of top still) but the background pictures are really disorienting and distracting ... a solid dark/green background as before would be really good to have, as that makes reading and focus on written content a lot easier and comfortable.

Layout on mobile (not app) is fine for me.

Using Bravo browser on both.

LOLOL.

Remind me to tell you the folk tale frequently told in Bengal by those allotted all the blame for a situation, solely and in isolation. It's title is যত দোষ বাইশ্যা - it's all the flute player's fault!

Slightly coarse, but relevant, I think.

Although my bengali is rusty but I get the message.

Honestly between you and @Mangus Ortus Novem I am being spoiled at one end I am learning subtlety in discussion, sarcasm at its finest and the other start looking at things with deep patriotic spectacles and angles previously unknown to me.

The necessary, it seems webbie is doing something due to which browsing speed has improved but the eyesore bright colors still an eyesore.

I am learning subtlety in discussion, sarcasm at its finest

I am flattered.

But then, in the nick of time, I remember "...the noblest Roman of them all..." and am drawn back from the edge of the precipice.

You know the passage, of course.

@WebMaster

changeshorizontal.jpg

I tried but to make it look clean there needs to be some tweaking of the graphics and the flag gifs (from rounded to square corners)

Nowhere near as streamlined as the vertical layout though in my opinion.

View attachment 663658

Something like this basically just a combination of the new layout and old, but still distinct enough to be recognised as Defence.pk rather than another forum. I dont mind the other changes in the forum its just the in-thread view seems to be more generic now.

Also some of the background photos are not high-res and (in my own opinion) clash with the layout too much.

...P.S if its possible can you add a dark mode similair to this:

Vertical on the left was a lot better. While scrolling down the page, one wants to read comments/replies, the big bar inbetween the comments showing everyones's rank, stats and when they joined is a repetition and an eye sore. Please keep everyone's ranks and stats on the left side as before. Thanks.

Take an example of this.

Previous was like this

View attachment 663833

Now

View attachment 663835

We cant see the latest post and time and thread in each sub forum now

1598369941206.png

1598369991109.png

Just uncheck all these and save these settings. You will get latest reply and thread in each sub-forum.
I would have prefered these settings by default as in my broweser, I delete cookies and cache after every closing of browser so have to save again and again.

Vertical on the left was a lot better. While scrolling down the page, one wants to read comments/replies, the big bar inbetween the comments showing everyones's rank, stats and when they joined is a repetition and an eye sore. Please keep everyone's ranks and stats on the left side as before. Thanks.

Ok, it should be displayed on hover only now.

Ok, it should be displayed on hover only now.

Thanks, much better. Also, there seems to be a caching delay between the main 'New Posts' area and individual threads. The 'New Posts' area is correctly showing the name of the latest user who has posted in the thread. But if I click on the last page number to open the last page of the thread, the post by the user isn't visible. This issue is coming up regularly, but not on every thread.

Thanks, much better. Also, there seems to be a caching delay between the main 'New Posts' area and individual threads. The 'New Posts' area is correctly showing the name of the latest user who has posted in the thread. But if I click on the last page number to open the last page of the thread, the post by the user isn't visible. This issue is coming up regularly, but not on every thread.
Please show screenshots. Don't get it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom