What's new

Forbes: How "Made in China" Became Cool

Nice to see this. This is nothing new. In the 1960s and 70s - it was the Japanese brands which were looked down upon. Rover would not have guessed what the likes of Toyota and Honda would do to them.

Hope no violent reaction like this:

UAW (United Auto Workers) - US union

upload_2016-5-25_18-54-3.png

upload_2016-5-25_18-54-52.png

:D

Sooner or later, this is bound to happen as the Western gimmick got nothing unique. Just like the Iphone. It does the same thing as any other phones. Beside we have so many good electronic brand. Lenovo for PC, Huawei for network, Xiaomi for app, baidu for search, alibaba for e-commerce, etc.. We don't miss anything with Western brand.

I love AliExpress. Have placed more than 200 orders on that site.

Nice to see this. This is nothing new. In the 1960s and 70s - it was the Japanese brands which were looked down upon. Rover would not have guessed what the likes of Toyota and Honda would do to them. In the 1980s and 90s - it was the Korean brands like Hyundai, Samung, LG etc. which were playing catch up. I remember buying a Hyundai in the US in 1999 and being told - "How can you buy a Hyundai?" The Chinese firms deserve it - they have earned their spurs.
Same here in Australia, Hyundai used to be the lowest brand some 10 years ago. Nowadays, Hyundai SUV are everywhere.

Any Chinese members have access to Youtube? I've been reading the comments section and came across a heated but interesting debate by a "Kale girl" and a "yourtubeNmytube" about taiwanese and Chinese identity.

Here is the link.

Look for, "Kale girl" comments.

Any Chinese members have access to Youtube? I've been reading the comments section and came across a heated but interesting debate by a "Kale girl" and a "yourtubeNmytube" about taiwanese and Chinese identity.

Here is the link.

Look for, "Kale girl" comments.

Kale girl. A lot of people like that on youtube and yahoo. Most likely a caucasian person.

Kale girl. A lot of people like that on youtube and yahoo. Most likely a caucasian person.
I think she's Hispanic or Italian. I could not understand her writing in her other comments section.

China Nuclear Company to Build Plant in Sudan
2016-05-25

40c75914c6d5472c91aafc4f334ee78d.jpg

An undated photo shows nuclear reactors under construction in Sanmen, east China’s Zhejiang province. [Photo: Xinhua]

The China National Nuclear Corporation (CNNC) will reportedly cooperate with Sudan by building a nuclear power project there.

The AFP news agency has cited a Sudanese spokesperson Mohamed Abdelrahim Jawish, saying that an agreement was signed on Monday, and the scale of the plant is being discussed by the two sides.

The project includes a 600-megawatt atomic reactor, which would be the first such project in the African country.

The Chinese company did not disclose the contract value or the type of nuclear technology to be used for the reactor.

But experts said there is a great opportunity for the homegrown reactor design Hualong One, a type of third-generation technology, to be used for the reactor.

In 2012, Sudan submitted to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) a plan about developing nuclear energy to meet the country's growing power demand.

Sudan's annual power generation volume currently stands at 3,000 megawatts.

Is it a good idea to build an nuclear reactor in Sudan?

The situation in Sudan is quite volatile.

Is it a good idea to build an nuclear reactor in Sudan?

The situation in Sudan is quite volatile.

I think, and surprisingly so, North Sudan (old Sudan) is more stable than the newly-created South Sudan.

But, I would agree, Sudan is too engaged in the KSA's dirty war in Yemen; so, I would be extra cautious in investing in that extremism-prone country.

The world is your oyster when you play basketball with that shoes!

LOL. Really cool-looking pair of shoes. Proudly-owned.

I think, and surprisingly so, North Sudan (old Sudan) is more stable than the newly-created South Sudan.

But, I would agree, Sudan is too engaged in the KSA's dirty war in Yemen; so, I would be extra cautious in investing in that extremism-prone country.

LOL. Really cool-looking pair of shoes. Proudly-owned.
I have just bought some mountain gears, totally Chinese brands, same expensive as Jack Wolfskin and North Face.
I will try them on when I pay the fifth visit to Yunnan Province next year, at that time, by the newly built Shanghai-Kunming HSR!

BYD Produced Its 10,000th Electric Bus, Next 10,000 Underway!
1 day ago by Mark Kane 10Comments

As Its 10,000th Pure Electric Bus Rolls Out of Production, BYD Aims for the Next 10,000

BYD Electric Bus

BYD announced an impressive recent achievement of producing its 10,000 electric bus.

Specifically, the 10,000th bus, was a “K8” that rolled off the production line in China in April.

Today marks the completion of 10,000 buses, and also a new start for the next 10,000.

It took just 6 years since presenting its first electric bus to reach the 10,000 sold mark, and now BYD is looking forward to quickly reaching the next 10,000th sold, as 2016 begins with over 6,000 orders waiting in the wings. Truly, fleet managers around the world have embraced the emission and efficiency benefits of the e-bus.

The Chinese company offers all kinds and sizes of buses, and is still heavily investing in new production facilities in China, the US (in Lancaster, California) and around the world.

“Relying on its 16,000 R&D engineers and state-of-the-art manufacturing techniques, BYD is continuously upgrading its bus production line. For urban mobility, the company has launched the K9 (12m/40ft), K8 (10.5m/35ft), K7 (8m/26ft) and K6 (7m/23ft) pure electric transit buses; for long distance passenger transportation, it offers the C10 (14m/45ft), C9 (12m/40ft), C8 (10.5m/35ft), and C6 (7m/23ft) pure electric coaches. Additionally, BYD has developed the world’s first pure electric double decker bus K10 (10m/32ft) and longest articulated bus K11 (18m/60ft). With a broad range of bus configurations, BYD is able to fulfill the toughest client demands anywhere in the world. In 2015, the company sold over 7,500 units of electric buses globally, and at the beginning of this year it already orders for another 6,434 units.”

The fact that nowaday phones become more popular, not as they were in 2000. Before phones are for businessmen, now they are for everyone.
I have been using phones for more than 16 years.

:o:!
prprpr

Yes china has made some low cost cheap goods at very very low rate. If they can focus on quality, they may enter into a new phase. However, a totla different mindset is required for that. I wish china a good luck.
Cheap..?:pop:
But..Most indian family can't earn as much money as an ordinary Chinese brand mobile phone in a month:p:

Back
Top Bottom