What's new

For S. Korean men, makeup a foundation for success

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broccoli

Reaction score
Country
Finland
South Korean men spent $495.5 million on skincare last year, accounting for nearly 21 percent of global sales, according to global market research firm Euromonitor International. That makes it the largest market for men's skincare in the world, even though there are only about 19 million men in South Korea. Amorepacific, South Korea's biggest cosmetics company, estimates the total sales of men's cosmetics in South Korea this year will be more than $885 million.
http://www.businessweek.com/ap/2012-09-17/for-s-***-korean-men-makeup-a-foundation-for-success

Is there some cultural reasons behind this?

Not surprised since all the men on tv look like this :lol:

ss501-3.jpg

This is very bad for the image of Asian males. It's just further emasculating us.

ss501-3.jpg

These are typical plastic jobs and soon or later they'll turn to you know what if they haven't done so already.

Rusty, since you live in Korea and you must know, are average Korea men look like these on the street, and if so, what are the percentage of them.

These are typical plastic jobs and soon or later they'll turn to you know what if they haven't done so already.

Rusty, since you live in Korea and you must know, are average Korea men look like these on the street, and if so, what are the percentage of them.

Thankfully most don't.
But they do have interesting style.
I would describe it as very metrosexual.
of course not all are like that.

Is there some cultural reasons behind this?
Good looking people gets ahead in life, that's why.

ss501-3.jpg
And the Japanese and Chinese police fear them appearing at the airport because of a stamped risk by crazed female fans.

Korean moviestars hold top 1~3 spots in the number of fans showing up at the Japanese airport for greeting. No. 4 is Tom Cruise.

Nothing wrong with it. People would wear tonns of make up in the old days in Europe.

Its their unique touch to their persona.

Good looking people gets ahead in life, that's why.

And the Japanese and Chinese police fear them appearing at the airport because of a stamped risk by crazed female fans.

Korean moviestars hold top 1~3 spots in the number of fans showing up at the Japanese airport for greeting. No. 4 is Tom Cruise.

LoL. it's my first time to hear that. I even don't know one Korea movie star.

and any people think these "Korea man" are Good looking people? I just think they look like female. anybody agree with me?

I don't like KOREAN .Most of Chinese people look down upon Korean, especially men, because in the Chinese culture, the most disgusting thing is sissy man............

LoL. it's my first time to hear that. I even don't know one Korea movie star.
Shows how uncultured you are.

and any people think these "Korea man" are Good looking people?
Japanese and Chinese women do.

I don't like KOREAN .Most of Chinese people look down upon Korean
Same here too. You probably heard of Koreans looking down on and mistreating Chinese.

Male version prostitutes.
They are not prostitutes since they do it for free.

Doesn't that make Korean men a bit too feminine? lol

For free eh? i suggest you read the article before you write nonsense because the article clearly mention about $$$$$$$$$$$ for sex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom