What's new

For Indian members only-Want an honest Opinion

I studied in CBSE board so would recommend that.
But i guess more than the board u choose, u must look into syllabus and teaching resources available to you.
I assume it is a town area the location of the school and hence please consider what kind of teaching staff is available to you and will it do justice with the curriculum and syllabus prescribed by the boards.
But more than anything, CBSE board allows a lot of flexibility, especially in class X and XII board exams, so you may really want to go with it.
All the Best in your endeavour.

I studied in an ICSE school & I know how tough the syllabus is,how extensive it is & how strict the evaluation is & the strong emphasis on English they have..

But I would still recomment ICSE, read @HariPrasad's post for the pros. :)

But as you are operating in a village area, I would recommend CBSE(especially if the students are from poor families). After all CBSE is easier compared to ICSE+it would help the students do well in those competitive exams after which they could get in good colleges & then get a good job

I studied in CBSE(K.V) but my college room mate studied in Assam Valley (ICSE) and I will rate him better than myself, when it comes to communication skills , way of tackling difficult subjects or problems and overall approach towards one`s chosen vocation.Although all this could be because of the school itself,Assam Valley, which is highly rated not only in N.E but in whole of India. So I suggest ICSE.

Last edited:
Friends, Both older and younger variants..:D

I have opened a new school in my area where I also operate a college (Its a village area but near to city)

I have not taken affiliation from any board, but have zeroed in between
CBSE and ICSE(CISCE).

Kindly give your inputs as to which one will best suitable for children. Do not be biased as to under which board you have studied!!

@levina @45'22' @janon @dray @scorpionx @Guynextdoor2 @SpArK @MilSpec @Rain Man @Skull and Bones @jamahir (if you have studied in India) @Bornubus @wolfschanzze @Mike_Brando @Srinivas @TimeTraveller @halupridol @HariPrasad @gslv @Blue_Eyes @doppelganger @Bang Galore @kaku1 @Koovie @Ind4Ever @IND151 @SarthakGanguly @anant_s @jbgt90 @Dash @Ryuzaki @AUSTERLITZ @bloo @CONNAN @Tshering22 @Lord Zen @Screambowl @pursuit of happiness @Chanakya's_Chant @Manindra @he-man @SrNair @IndoCarib @third eye @Zebra @itachiii @KayAay @NKVD @GURU DUTT @Omega007 @kurup @JanjaWeed and other persons who I may have missed. Your inputs will be valuable for me for taking a decision.:-)

Congrats! I am studying in Class XII ISC - Till class X I will prefer to go for ICSE for CBSE's grading system and optional board examinations really sucks! (Though there has some news of discarding the grading system and making the board examinations compulsory for all students of Class X CBSE by the Union HRD Ministry) Till class X - CBSE follows the semester sort of system that is students appearing for annual exams at the end of the academic session are required to prepare ONLY the other half of their syllabus that they are taught after the half yearly examinations but this is not the case with ICSE where students have to prepare their entire syllabus that they are taught right from the very beginning of their academic session. In the name of reducing load on the students - the CBSE till class X has made its curriculum too easy that the students find to difficult to cope up with the syllabus of Class XI-XII which is not the case with ICSE/ISC.

In Class XI-XII both of the boards are more or less the same as far as curriculum/syllabus is concerned.

But the main difference you will see in both the boards is ENGLISH - A student studying in ICSE naturally develops good English conversation - comprehension and vocabulary skills than a CBSE student - the reason being ICSE lays more stress on English than any other board across India! Shakespeare Plays in Shakespearean era language is introduced in ICSE right from class IX - English curriculum in ICSE/ISC is way better than in CBSE.

Anyways go for IB if possible! :D

Out of the two - I will go for ICSE/ISC!

I have opened a new school in my area where I also operate a college (Its a village area but near to city)

CBSE and ICSE(CISCE).

Kindly give your inputs as to which one will best suitable for children. Do not be biased as to under which board you have studied!!

@levina @45'22' @janon @dray @scorpionx @Guynextdoor2 @SpArK @MilSpec @Rain Man @Skull and Bones @jamahir (if you have studied in India) @Bornubus @wolfschanzze @Mike_Brando @Srinivas @TimeTraveller @halupridol @HariPrasad @gslv @Blue_Eyes @doppelganger @Bang Galore @kaku1 @Koovie @Ind4Ever @IND151 @SarthakGanguly @anant_s @jbgt90 @Dash @Ryuzaki @AUSTERLITZ @bloo @CONNAN @Tshering22 @Lord Zen @Screambowl @pursuit of happiness @Chanakya's_Chant @Manindra @he-man @SrNair @IndoCarib @third eye @Zebra @itachiii @KayAay @NKVD @GURU DUTT @Omega007 @kurup @JanjaWeed and other persons who I may have missed. Your inputs will be valuable for me for taking a decision.:-)
--
fist congrtas for nice gesture..
to be honest i dont have much knowledge of same .. but choose based on
your
1, locality
2. aviablity of good scool .. stands of school
3. people capiicty to pay fees + extra acviites
4.your USP for this school.. like some college prvide college +IIT coahing ..
5. your skills + contacts +
6. your financial stability and floating time and cost
7.as you suggested it near city so you can have good facility to ahve target both group affluent intiital + marginal -poor student from vilage later when you gain roots
8. if its new venture with all eggs in same project be safe and go for CBSE
-..as it accpeted better ..
- other shcool steundet can come to your palce ..
- avialiblity of faculty
- admistraton
- cost of progme
- govt funding if any
- corportae funding via csr

thanks
best of luck...
be a light which can clear darrknes of ignorance , poverty , illiteracy with light of education
---
RESPECT....
upload_2015-3-14_11-55-17.jpeg

Congrats! I am studying in Class XII ISC - Till class X I will prefer to go for ICSE for CBSE's grading system and optional board examinations really sucks! (Though there has some news of discarding the grading system and making the board examinations compulsory for all students of Class X CBSE by the Union HRD Ministry) Till class X - CBSE follows the semester sort of system that is students appearing for annual exams at the end of the academic session are required to prepare ONLY the other half of their syllabus that they are taught after the half yearly examinations but this is not the case with ICSE where students have to prepare their entire syllabus that they are taught right from the very beginning of their academic session. In the name of reducing load on the students - the CBSE till class X has made its curriculum too easy that the students find to difficult to cope up with the syllabus of Class XI-XII which is not the case with ICSE/ISC.

In Class XI-XII both of the boards are more or less the same as far as curriculum/syllabus is concerned.

But the main difference you will see in both the boards is ENGLISH - A student studying in ICSE naturally develops good English conversation - comprehension and vocabulary skills than a CBSE student - the reason being ICSE lays more stress on English than any other board across India! Shakespeare Plays in Shakespearean era language is introduced in ICSE right from class IX - English curriculum in ICSE/ISC is way better than in CBSE.

Anyways go for IB if possible! :D

Out of the two - I will for ICSE/ISC!
--
Sorry to be asking this on thrad
can you tell me any way i can get ICSE books on line download ..
FREE:-)

--
fist congrtas for nice gesture..
to be honest i dont have much knowledge of same .. but choose based on
your
1, locality
2. aviablity of good scool .. stands of school
3. people capiicty to pay fees + extra acviites
4.your USP for this school.. like some college prvide college +IIT coahing ..
5. your skills + contacts +
6. your financial stability and floating time and cost
7.as you suggested it near city so you can have good facility to ahve target both group affluent intiital + marginal -poor student from vilage later when you gain roots
8. if its new venture with all eggs in same project be safe and go for CBSE
-..as it accpeted better ..
- other shcool steundet can come to your palce ..
- avialiblity of faculty
- admistraton
- cost of progme
- govt funding if any
- corportae funding via csr

thanks
best of luck...
be a light which can clear darrknes of ignorance , poverty , illiteracy with light of education
---
RESPECT....
View attachment 202350

--
Sorry to be asking this on thrad
can you tell me any way i can get ICSE books on line download ..
FREE:-)

Actually - ICSE/ISC board makes the Syllabus and scope of syllabus and any publisher or writer can get his book published on the same - there are NO books recommended by the ICSE/ISC board - it's entirely up to the school to select which publisher's book it wants - you will get many books from different publishers of the same class/subject - their are no official books like the NCERT in case of CBSE.

There are hardly any free e-books available on the net - Sorry can;t help! :(

But why ICSE? - NCERT's are the best!

Thanks for Tagging...

CBSE

AFAIK and as others said ...ICSE is "believed" to be tougher.

CBSE and ICSE(CISCE).

I studied ICSE. Better for overall polish, and English and the humanities. A better more well rounded school education in my humble opinion.

But CBSE if you want to prepare your kids for entrance exams, Matchs and Science (Phsics and Chemistry).

CBSE and ICSE(CISCE).

CISCE.

CBSE is a bunch of trash memorization with no research or open-mindset.

You have taken a very good initiative friend.

I studied ICSE. Better for overall polish, and English and the humanities. A better more well rounded school education in my humble opinion.

But CBSE if you want to prepare your kids for entrance exams, Matchs and Science (Phsics and Chemistry).

Bhai sahab, CBSE doesn't prepare kids for life ahead.

Only entrance exams, so that they clear out.

If you see statistically, Indian education market is the second largest in the world after China in terms of number of students going out to study as of 2014.

You know why?

Because the amount of money, stress and energy Indian parents have to spend to get their kids educated in India now matches scholarship and better education opportunities in countries like Russia, France, Germany, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand etc.

If Indian kids put 50% the effort they put on Indian entrance exams, in exams abroad, they get twice the merits, learn new methods of innovation and come up with far more things than our education system produces.. especially CBSE and state curriculum.

Back
Top Bottom