What's new

For Chinese and Americans,only

For example any new Pakistani poster registers here,sheds honey for Chinese where as many look Americans as threat.Same goes with Indians and so on..
So,everyone has got both friends and foes,people with whom they are comfortable and they are not.What is most needed to take benefit of the opportunity and understand each other,and for this purpose you need to keep yourself in their place
Can you at-least do something about some posters blatantly making racists remarks against other posters. Whenever online posters hailing from countries such as India or Vietnam enter a discussion with opposite views , instead of countering the argument many PDF members especially from China and Pakistan starts blatantly making racists remarks such as calling Vietnamese posters as Primitive monkeys and Indians are usually referred as Kala dogs and dot-heads. I know PDF is Pakistani forum but at least talking some action against habitual offenders won't make this forum any less Pakistani .

More mods, I don't have as much time as I use to spend on this forum. For example I have not been on for the last 3 days with 60 reports showing up as soon as I logged on. You could promote a few more mods, I'd say promote a couple of Indonesian members who by far are pretty fair, cool headed, and neutral.

I propose @Indos as a mod.

what about me, i think i can make a very good european mod
@WebMaster @Horus . what do you think?

Agreed. :)

Speaking of European we do need one or more moderators in the Europe and Russia section. I would recommend you @Blue Marlin , @vostok, @ptldM3 and @proka89 for the job. Can't think of any other Western European PDFers though.

Can you at-least do something about some posters blatantly making racists remarks against other posters. Whenever online posters hailing from countries such as India or Vietnam enter a discussion with opposite views , instead of countering the argument many PDF members especially from China and Pakistan starts blatantly making racists remarks such as calling Vietnamese posters as Primitive monkeys and Indians are usually referred as Kala dogs and dot-heads. I know PDF is Pakistani forum but at least talking some action against habitual offenders won't make this forum any less Pakistani .
This thread is strictly for Chinese and Americans only.However,your point has been taken and I assure you that we are trying all our level best.

regards

This thread is strictly for Chinese and Americans only.However,your point has been taken and I assure you that we are trying all our level best.
Merci beaucoup monsieur and apologies for my off topic post. I just felt that PDFians are getting more and more intolerant now a days and this confrontation between Chinese and American members just being an end result.

Merci beaucoup monsieur and apologies for my off topic post. I just felt that PDFians are getting more and more intolerant now a days and this confrontation between Chinese and American members just being an end result.
Oh,relax man..just an attempt to bring people closer:D

REGARDS

-about foreign moderators- "... but if they are not coming from the same way you lot is from, they can't see the value of the forum,"
I can't entirely agree on that one, jhungary. There are good foreign mods in PDF right now, for one
and for second, I think it's an attitude problem mostly. Someone from abroad should register on PDF
in big part to learn about Pakistan, in which case they will behave correctly if properly well-mannered.
From this point of view, the value of the forum is intrinsic and the same as any other :
- to share and exchange about the world and how we each, individually, perceive it to be.

And when I report the post, the Mod simply change the post and delete the insult and leave the post as is. I don't see this treatment apply to any nationality (Even Pakistani) other than Chinese.
And yet it is applied to others, mate; it was to me. The first time, I thought it was a technical glitch: Post
lost in the machine somewhere. A subtraction occurred later, revealing a voluntary editing. I then noticed
that this might actually be soft moderation at its best for the parts taken out were possibly against rules.
If so, whomever acted actually protected me by eliminating the need for a negative or other punishment.
And not being too much of an idiot, I learned from it as well as from helpful private messages from a gentle
moderator, may they both be thanked herein.
This is a very subtle system, very Asian wisdom type, that requires only to avoid power abuse like say
defending the undefensible.

Sir,
I can happily live without 82 000$,but not without dignity.These dollars are bad deal in exchange of loosing loyalty,good night sleep,fearlessness of death,temporary pleasure,self respect and pride of being Pakistani?
money isn't everything,if yes then all rich people were happiest.It can give you some temporary pleasure but not eternal peace.:)
No doubt! I was only jesting at your opponent's name calling practice.
If we could get the pay that goes with each accusation, I for one might
let the abuse flow, quit my job and attract trolls on PDF professionally. :yay:

;) Good day all, Tay.

Agreed. :)

Speaking of European we do need one or more moderators in the Europe and Russia section. I would recommend you @Blue Marlin , @vostok, @ptldM3 and @proka89 for the job. Can't think of any other Western European PDFers though.

Well out of the 4 you have mentioned, @Blue Marlin "seems" the most qualified, but he has two handicaps:

1) He is fairly new, and there is never a substitute for experience
2) His Eurofighter bias, despite, manufacturing defects, fuselage cracks, fuel tanks falling off.

For a mod it is imperative, that he is unbiased, neutral and fair and point number 2 is a real deal breaker. :D

The problem can be summed up in one word: maturity. As in there is a lack of maturity in general in the Chinese group here.

Well out of the 4 you have mentioned, @Blue Marlin "seems" the most qualified, but he has two handicaps:

1) He is fairly new, and there is never a substitute for experience
2) His Eurofighter bias, despite, manufacturing defects, fuselage cracks, fuel tanks falling off.

For a mod it is imperative, that he is unbiased, neutral and fair and point number 2 is a real deal breaker. :D

He's been banned recently, whoops.

i really like all international members here at PDF. because of them this place has a realistic worldview. without them reality will be distorted here because pakistanis only know the state-sanctioned worldview.

Okay well whatever action the mod(s) take, they need to be mindful of the power dynamic involved between a White American vs a POC.

i really like all international members here at PDF. because of them this place has a realistic worldview. without them reality will be distorted here because pakistanis only know the state-sanctioned worldview.

It's very easy and comfortable to exist in an echo chamber that constantly reinforces ones worldview and ideology.

One of the reasons I finally joined this forum was in part because of all the various international members and their various world views.

Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean I would agree with some of the worldviews, but I would at least open myself up to new schools of thought. To look at some things from different perspectives

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2015/12/01/world/asia/ap-as-philippines-us-killing.html?_r=0
OLONGAPO, Philippines — A Philippine court on Tuesday convicted a U.S. Marine of killing a Filipino last year after he discovered she was a transgender woman in a hotel while he was on a break after participating in joint military exercises in the country.

Lance Cpl. Joseph Scott Pemberton was convicted of homicide by first strangling Jennifer Laude and then dunking her head into a toilet bowl in the hotel they had checked into after meeting in a disco bar in October 2014 in Olongapo, a city northwest of Manila. He was sentenced to 6-12 years in jail and credited with time already spent in detention, said court clerk Gerry Gruspe.

The court also ordered Pemberton, who has been detained at a Philippine military camp for about a year, to pay Laude's family 4.6 million pesos ($98,000) in damages.

Laude's mother, Julita, said that while she was happy the verdict detailed everything that had transpired, she was not pleased with the length of the jail term because she had hoped Pemberton would be convicted of murder, a more serious crime than homicide.

"But the important thing is he will be jailed," she said, crying. "My son's life is not wasted."

The Laude family's private lawyer, Harry Roque, said that "this is a bittersweet victory because it is not murder," adding that "if what he did isn't cruelty, I don't know what is."

Witnesses had testified that Pemberton squeezed Laude's neck, dragged her to the toilet and dunked her head into the bowl. Two of Pemberton's U.S. Marine colleagues testified that Pemberton told them, "I think I killed a he/she."

The judge said she downgraded the murder charge to homicide because conditions such as cruelty and treachery had not been proven.

The killing sparked anger in the Philippines and reignited calls by left-wing groups and nationalists for an end to America's military presence in the country at a time when the U.S. is reasserting its dominance in Asia and Manila has turned to Washington for support amid an escalating territorial dispute with China.

Half a block from the court, dozens of left-wing protesters rejoiced after the verdict was announced by burning an effigy of Uncle Sam and yelling "Justice for Jennifer!" Police officers, fire trucks and iron railings were used to prevent them from getting closer to the courthouse.

Pemberton, an anti-tank missile operator from New Bedford, Massachusetts, was one of thousands of American and Philippine military personnel who participated in the joint exercises last year. He and a group of other Marines were on leave after the exercises and met Laude and her friends at a bar in Olongapo, a city known for its nightlife located outside Subic Bay, a former U.S. Navy base. At least two witnesses testified that Laude was a sex worker.

Pemberton and Laude left the bar and checked in together at a nearby hotel. About 30 minutes later, Pemberton walked out, leaving the room's door ajar, according to hotel staff.

Pemberton testified in August that he had choked Laude during a fight that erupted when he discovered she was a transgender woman, but said she was still alive when he left her in a shower, according to his lawyer, Rowena Garcia Flores.

Lawyers for Laude's family, however, said Laude was dead when Pemberton left her. Police have said that Laude had apparently been drowned in a toilet.

In the decision, Regional Trial Court Judge Roline Ginez-Jabalde ordered Pemberton temporarily jailed at the New Bilibid Prison, a national penitentiary in suburban Muntinlupa City.

The judge said an agreement between the U.S. and the Philippines was ambiguous and failed to state in which facility within the Philippine military headquarters Pemberton would be detained and which government agency would have supervision. She ordered that he be brought to the national penitentiary, in accordance with local laws, until it is decided where he should be permanently held.

Pemberton's lawyers made an impromptu appeal against him being brought to the national penitentiary. After meeting with the lawyers and government representatives, the judge allowed Pemberton to be detained for five days at the military headquarters pending a permanent detention site, said Roque, the Laudes' lawyer.

The case has revived a debate over which government should have custody of U.S. military personnel who run afoul of local laws under a Visiting Forces Agreement the two allies signed in 1998.

The agreement, which allows U.S. forces to conduct military exercises in the Philippines, says that the Philippines can prosecute American service members, but that the U.S. has custody over them "from the commission of the offense until completion of all judicial proceedings."

However, the Philippine Supreme Court ruled in 2009 that convicted U.S. personnel must serve their sentences in the Philippines.

In a compromise last year, the U.S. agreed to have Pemberton detained in a compound at Philippine military headquarters in suburban Quezon City guarded by U.S. Marines with an outer ring of Filipino forces.

Left-wing activists and nationalist Filipinos have cited the custody provision of the VFA as proof that the accord was lopsided in favor of the U.S. and undermines the sovereignty of the Philippines, which was an American colony until 1946.

--------------------------------------------

The present Philippines depicts the future of Asia if US presence is not curtailed. All countries will have to pay tribute to the US with transgender sex slaves. Let's work together to prevent this outcome.

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/us-marine-found-guilty-of-killing-transgender-filipino.411474/#ixzz3tAEtZYkd

@Slav Defence So, is this what you imagine "Suitable" for the behaviour of the Chinese member? Please do look at the Red bolted highlighted part as well as the reply to that thread. I don't understand why Chinese member in particular like these kind of post, one thing about a human murdering another human being, that's another things about saying all countries will have to pay tribute to the US with transgender sex slave.

Did China have transgender people? Did Chinese kill people? I don't see American here go up here opening a thread and say this is what Chinese all going to do is to murdering transgender prostitute. I don't know if this is some kind of problem with Chinese member here, then what is?

Last edited:
@Slav Defence So, is this what you imagine "Suitable" for the behaviour of the Chinese member? I don't understand why Chinese member in particular like these kind of post, one thing about a human murdering another human being, that's another things about saying all countries will have to pay tribute to the US with transgender sex slave.

Whenever you come across unfavorable behavior of an individual Chinese member, you generalize this to any Chinese member, why is that?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom