What's new

Football!

Mr Nina what is your agenda here ?

All I have seen from you is the bashing of south Asian men, have you ever posted anything constructive?

Who's 'fighting'?

I've been a loyal Liverpool fan since 1998. When I used to live in Pakistan, all the kids would taunt me because Liverpool wouldn't win the EPL or the CL. But in 2005 the amazing penalty kicks victory over AC Milan made them respect the team (and me) much more.

Liverpool......play crap football and win everything on penalties.
Man united now that a real football team,flair,style,class ect

And just to add to that point, Hispanics have been in north America since the start. Now they are the largest minority in the USA. How many Hispanic players do you see in the NFL ? :P

It's because they're naturally very short.

How tall was maradona?

well, I was kidding but when you compare us South Asians to American black people, we ARE physically inferior. Black athletes here (especially football players) are really tall and strong.

Of course, we can find 15 strong/tall guys to make up a football team but as far as our 'race' goes, we're shorter.

Dude it boils down to diet and lifestyle.....for example the Japanese have always been diminutive compared to westerners. However since their diet has been influenced by western input, there has been a growth in stature and height amongst the Japanese population. By rights I should be typically South Asian however I am a lot more heavily built due to diet and training. If you see Asians in America, they tend to be heavily built as well.

i strongly disagree and at same time agree with snake.
as i have myself looked into this matter in past and i came up with few things
A that south asians are not physically week
B neither are they short
the fact is that the life style and unhealthy diet lack of excersice and lack of passion towards health and fitness.
i believe if someone is into health and fitness they are bound to discover their inner sports person.
i also agree that steroids are very common in american players and not all the american are tall and big offcourse the one who play are.also not to forget they have very mixed genes..

There is alot more.......Politics....lack of facilities.....commuinty where people live in.....less interest towards sporting activities ( Tv, cable & Internet played a big role) most of our youth is just get bound to these usual activties from the very start from their childhood and they loose all interest towards sports.....i mean to the extent of playing and doing it seriousely.

Dont forget, the culture does play a big role ........ as well.

Right reopened..........
The title says "football" so stick to the subject please.........

well, I was kidding but when you compare us South Asians to American black people, we ARE physically inferior. Black athletes here (especially football players) are really tall and strong.

Of course, we can find 15 strong/tall guys to make up a football team but as far as our 'race' goes, we're shorter.

What about punjabi's,there pretty big people.

I dont think it's simply due to ethnical diversity.

are you guys watching Asian Cups these days?
Iranians are stronger than Chinese, we kept two score advantage until 20 mins to a quits end.
Australians (Australoid and british descendance) are much stronger than Japanese, and today they got asskicked by 4-5.

btw, Brazilian players are physically inferior to Europeans, Argentinian football team might be the No.1 scrubby on players average height among all 5 leagues over Europe and America. the two are the best teams as you know.

South asians are usually good at cricket, world strongest people like Scotch and Norwegians will probably not even make a single score when they try to challenge you.

beside physical element (human resources), there're a lot to decide your level of a game, such as tradition, interest, financial ability, scientific research, intelligence, management and so on...

Iranians are stronger than Chinese, we kept two score advantage until 20 mins to a quits end.
Australians (Australoid and british descendance) are much stronger than Japanese, and today they got asskicked by 4-5.

btw, Brazilian players are physically inferior to Europeans, Argentinian football team might be the No.1 scrubby on players average height among all 5 leagues over Europe and America. the two are the best teams as you know.

South asians are usually good at cricket, world strongest people like Scotch and Norwegians will probably not even make a single score when they try to challenge you.

beside physical element (human resources), there're a lot to decide your level of a game, such as tradition, interest, financial ability, scientific research, intelligence, management and so on...

lvlin thanks for your message.
we lack nothing here lots of intelligence and resources wait when we break into football it will be awsome i know for sure it will be awsome.

Rugby is more of muscle games than its tactics and individual skill, but still teamwork is the key point to make a brilliant touch down.

Chinese football (soccer here) sucks but we have players serving Manchester United, Manchester City, Charlton Athletic, Everton, Cottbus, Benfica,Ajax...

select a few of your best players,send them overseas where leagues are running canonically at high level, and you'll get one football star or two. star efficacy is the best way to arouse a nation wide zest, which always boosting the development from its begining.

recognise and popularise it instead of self-dimming, the day will come for Pakistani to play roles at international football field.

I dont think that norwegians are so strong! They are just average people like most europeans.

I personally think it depends on the sport culture in the country, in Norway it is handball and football that is popular, that means more people play it for fun\hobby and that way you get a infrastructure in the country. When you have the infrastructure, then many people play it and then you discover people with talent.
Pakistan have much more sport culture in cricket and hockey, therefor many play it and watch it.

If football gets more popular, then the infrastructure will get better and after some years talents will appear.

Back
Top Bottom