What's new

FN FAL vs H&K G3 (IA vs PA)

If the soldier is properly trained for precision firing on the G3, you can trust your life with it in combat. This weapon nearly guarantees that if you hit your target it will highly likely be killed with one shot. The stopping power of the G3 is remarkable even by today's standard. As far as H&K G3 vs FN FAL, these two battle rifles on paper statistically are neck and neck and the edge in battle can only really be achieved by the soldiers individual skill, and with the help of the attachments like optics and scope used to enhance the weapon.

I have read that the FN FAL does experience bullets jamming in the chamber or shells not releasing fully (pipe jam) that is real issue. As far as G3 it's built like a tank, haven't heard of frequent jams. H&K is an elite manufacturer.

I have shot around 500 rounds of 150 grain Russian non-corrosive ammo, and 149 grain lake city ammo from a FAL Imbel without a single FTE or FTF.

And from what I have seen, Imbel is actually a pretty poorly made FAL and still It did pretty well.

On a PTR 91, semi auto version of G3, I had lesser range time, and I have become a huge fan of that rifle... a very solid shooter.

Can PA replace them with the Turkish MPT standart service rifle instead od the G-3 variants? The mass production and the deliveries has started just this month. It'd be far better than FAL& G3P/S

994655_660923020614181_694623067_n.jpg

attachment.php

Indian Army made the worst decision by switching from 7.62 FAL to 5.52 INSAS in 1995. Now they are trying to correct the problem by switching to a new rifle with interchangeable barrel.

A few Indian generals got convinced by the American version of combat at 200 yards with high rate of machine gun type of fire, and switched to small caliber rifle. To correct that mistake with a multiple barrel gun, India would switch to one of the many multi barrel gun that would cost $10 billion to switch to new rifle.

INSAS has no other problem (ten year teething problems over). Except the generals instead of admitting their stupidity are blaming the quality problems. Just to remind them that from 1955 till 1972, M-16 had huge quality problems. It jammed, hence plunger was provided to clear the barrel. Soldiers were asked for daily cleaning kit. In Vietnam a US GI would dump his M-16 in favour of AK -47 which the enemy carried.

Do not make that mistake of switching to a smaller caliber, Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom