What's new

Florida bans Chinese citizens from buying land to counteract Chinese Communist party

What's your point ?
Are you a lawyer ? Why not just say this law target Chinese immigrants.

Alien Land Law.
On May 3, 1913, California enacted the Alien Land Law, barring Asian immigrants from owning land. California tightened the law further in 1920 and 1923, barring the leasing of land and land ownership by American-born children of Asian immigrant parents or by corporations controlled by Asian immigrants.
I am not a lawyer, my wife is.

And you don't need a lawyer to know this law is targeting. Chinese, well, maybe a bit about Russia as they also have a present in FL.

And you don't need my wife to tell you they are naming it that way to avoid discrimination act.

Problem is, what you need my wife to point out is that the state have the right to decide which right NON-CITIZEN can enjoy due to the 1798 Alien and Sedition Act, US Constitution guarantees rights to its citizens by the way of the Bill of Right and its 18 Amendment. Not non-citizens, they have no basic right in the United State, all the right that are given to them are based on States own accord. This bill, if challenged, will likely stay because it does not affect just one race, gender, religion and one single countries.

As for my view, as I stated, I regard land ownership in the US is a citizenship right, I don't really care if they banned Chinese, Russian, Venezuelan and North Korean only, that was my view.

Just stupid showboating. Ain't going to do a damn thing and this definitely won't hurt the interests of the Chinese govt.

Chinese citizens make up a miniscule number of buyers in Florida's market. In addition, preventing them from buying land there only helps the Chinese government's efforts to prevent the funneling of capital overseas.

Just another idiotic petty move just for show.
This is pretty much up there with his feud with Disney. He is trying to show he is as tough as Trump.

The ironic thing is that these anti-Chinese real estate laws are actually helping the CCP curb corruption by preventing capital outflows from China. LMAO
The question to ask is why is it that Corrupt Chinese officials and their families prioritise the US/West to go and keep/invest their stolen money ?
Why we don't see corrupt American officials taking their money to go and invest/save it in China? Why is it mostly a one way thing?
Means something is wrong with the Chinese system.as well

The question to ask is why is it that Corrupt Chinese officials and their families prioritise the US/West to go and keep/invest their stolen money ?
Why we don't see corrupt American officials taking their money to go and invest/save it in China? Why is it mostly a one way thing?
Because historically the west was much richer and getting western homes and educations was seen as a status symbol. I thought that was obvious.

Things are changing fast though. The lead the west had is diminishing very quickly and in many areas have disappeared.

West legitimized corruption. You can park it in Delaware, Switzerland (once upon a time), Carribeam, Channel islands....

Few knows that Delaware is a big monies laundering center in competition with Switzerland.

In China, GoC will claw back your stolen monies.

Back
Top Bottom