What's new

Five arrested for hoisting Pakistani flag in India

It can be otherway round too. I meant some non-Muslim read anyone from Modi's camp hoisted the Pakistani flag to pressurise poor Gujrat Muslims.

And its very much likely the case as i dont see Gujrat Muslims would want to bring wrath of fundamentalists hindus from RSS or bajrang dali once again by hoisting our flag.

Local police took step as per the law.

I can sense you diverting the discussion to your favorite topic which does not hold any substance.

What if a Muslim in India hoisted a Saudi flag in his own property?

omar, brother - its the context which u have to understand the time and space for things.

if we as a nation are not having a nice time with saudi.

he should be punished because thats to show his disrespect to india not love to saudi.

:cheers:

It can be otherway round too. I meant some non-Muslim read anyone from Modi's camp hoisted the Pakistani flag to pressurise poor Gujrat Muslims.

And its very much likely the case as i dont see Gujrat Muslims would want to bring wrath of fundamentalists hindus from RSS or bajrang dali once again by hoisting our flag.

lol - jana -i agree that can be the face of it - thats the ugly face of politics . but u n me both agree politcis is ugly everywhere. but we as people cant just see from same perspecive all the time.

if is too open of a owrkd -

what if this hindu or muslim or maoist or let or sikh or etc.

whatif its a pakistani spreading hate ?

what is it was allah himself checking tolerance of his people.

lets not go in to if -

-------------

these are not gujrat muslim who hoisted the flag - these are so called mullah leader who are - intiating hate just to gain their personal benefits.

just liek whats happening to most of pakistan - a normal Muslim guy like me and you - we have no time to hate our own land - we are educated and sensible enough to know how to show protest and what can be consequence. :cheers:

What if a Muslim in India hoisted a Saudi flag in his own property?

He can not.
there are certain rules regarding flags.
If you want to hoist a flag other than 'tricolour' than you need to hoist 'tricolour' first then the other flag.when you want to remove those two flag(tricolour and other country flag) you need to remove the other flag first than the tricolour.you can not raise other country's flag alone.if you want to then the Indian national flag must raised higher than the other flag.

Now, even with these rules of Indian constitution, these guys must be arrested. Did they followed the protocol. the answer is NO.they intentions were bad and if gujarat police arrested them then it is totally legel as per the constitution.

:pakistan:

lol - jana -i agree that can be the face of it - thats the ugly face of politics . but u n me both agree politcis is ugly everywhere. but we as people cant just see from same perspecive all the time.

if is too open of a owrkd -

what if this hindu or muslim or maoist or let or sikh or etc.

whatif its a pakistani spreading hate ?

what is it was allah himself checking tolerance of his people.

lets not go in to if -

-------------

these are not gujrat muslim who hoisted the flag - these are so called mullah leader who are - intiating hate just to gain their personal benefits.

just liek whats happening to most of pakistan - a normal Muslim guy like me and you - we have no time to hate our own land - we are educated and sensible enough to know how to show protest and what can be consequence. :cheers:

Politics is dirty no doubt.

In case of hoisting Pakistani flag in India well your comment is unfair because i dont see any mullah who had hoisted Pakistani flag in Assam sometimes back.

everyone knows that Indian turns into a communal wrestling for grabbing vote every time. that is not a new thing.

Now the thing which Indians should realise and address after 62 years that why people mostly Muslims resort to hoits Pakistan flag to show their Grievances against Indian state.

The more unfortuante thing is that why You have paved way for such feelings among your own citizens in the first place where they have to opt for Pakistani flag.

He can not.
there are certain rules regarding flags.
If you want to hoist a flag other than 'tricolour' than you need to hoist 'tricolour' first then the other flag.when you want to remove those two flag(tricolour and other country flag) you need to remove the other flag first than the tricolour.you can not raise other country's flag alone.if you want to then the Indian national flag must raised higher than the other flag.

Now, even with these rules of Indian constitution, these guys must be arrested. Did they followed the protocol. the answer is NO.they intentions were bad and if gujarat police arrested them then it is totally legel as per the constitution.

:pakistan:

Frankly its a psyche and it doesnt matter which flag you remove or hoist first. :) but its just our psyche that if we hoist ours higher than yours than we are superior i think its a kinda complex.

Because at international level games we see the flag of the country which is on 1st potiion is hoisted first then second and then thrid same for removal. Does it mean that others are inferior and the first is superior.

and its kind of funny that you can not hoist flags of other countries alone in India :P

Frankly its a psyche and it doesnt matter which flag you remove or hoist first. :) but its just our psyche that if we hoist ours higher than yours than we are superior i think its a kinda complex.

Because at international level games we see the flag of the country which is on 1st potiion is hoisted first then second and then thrid same for removal. Does it mean that others are inferior and the first is superior.

and its kind of funny that you can not hoist flags of other countries alone in India :P

I don't know its psyche or not but other country also got some rules to hoist the flag which are similar to India.

You are again wrong regarding international events.there are rules of hoisting the flag even all the poles are of same size.

Not only in India but any where in the world you can not hoist other county's flag alone.

Just go through these links.

Rules for hoisting flag in India.

Rules for Flag Hoisting ( INDIA ) : Shritam blogs on sulekha, Current Affairs blogs, Shritam blog from india

Indian Flag Code of Conduct - Rules for Hoisting Flag of India

Flag rules of America

Flag Rules and Regulations

Flag rules of Australia

Australian Flag

This was in 2008
Pakistan's flag hoisted in five Indian districts

Dejected by their government's helplessness in face of rising racial clashes, some Indians hoisted Pakistan's flag in five districts of Assam, reported a private TV channel on Monday.
The Indian government, as always blamed Pakistani agencies for the violence, has ordered immediate probe into the incident.
It merits mentioning here that some thirty people have so far been killed in the while official properties damaged and thousands of people rendered homeless in the ongoing racial spars in Assam.

Pakistan's flag hoisted in five Indian districts | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

And this was in Held Kashmir though not India but the policemen on Indian parol have hoisted our flag so its worth mentioning

http://www.jang.com.pk/thenews/aug20...main/main6.htm

Indian policemen hoist Pak flag on their camp

By a correspondent

HELD SRINAGAR: Three Indian police trainees hoisted the Pakistani flag
at their camp on the eve of Aug 15, the Indian independence day, got
dismissed from service and have now been arrested. In a unique
incident of its kind, the trainees are said to have hoisted the Pak
flag at the main entrance of a force camp in Reasi in Jammu province.

Belated reports reveal that the three appeared at the scene and in a
dramatic move left only after hoisting the Pakistani flag at the main
gate of the camp, housing hundreds of central industrial security
force (CISF) men. Two CISF men have been put under suspension for
negligence in performing their duties. They have been charged with
failure in checking the flag hoisting as they were posted at the main
entrance.

Some local shopkeepers are said to have given the information to the
police about involvement of three policemen in the flag hoisting.
After verifying the matter the police took into custody the three and
dismissed them from the services. One of the arrestees have been
identified as Faizuddin, a resident of Baramulla in Kashmir.

It is worth mentioning that Pakistan flags were hoisted at a number of
places throughout the Kashmir valley on the eve of Pakistan day on Aug
14. Reports reveal that such flag hoisting was also reported from two
places in the city area of Jammu. Though security had been beefed up
in the state weeks before the independence days of Pakistan and India,
the hoisting of Pak flags could not be prevented.

Like I said the Gujarat atmosphere is communally charged despuite the sitaution improving. If raising a flag is made out as threat to national integreity it will be a criminal offence. The police (who very well could be biased) will frame their charges around that if they ever do so.

I have seen many such cases before and they would just arrest people and raise this issue in the media. Then these people are quietly released for lack of evidence ofcourse. But the story is there in the media and thats the main goal.

Waving flags of frienship is a totally different thing. When Pakistan cricket team was in India couple of years back, many people waved the Pakistani flag as moral support.

Here is an example where Baluchis flying another flag (represnting independant Balochistan) were arrested. And rightly so, because they threaten Pakistan integrity. Hope that clears it up.

A challenge to integrity | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online
Is there a Pakistani community in Gujarat?

Or are the Muslims being chalked off as Pakistanis?

Section 153A of Indian Penal Code does not apply to FLAGs, which are non-religious. Funny thing is they allowed the flag bearers where they were raising the religious flag (without the white-strip). Let's be frank here. The Indian Hindu suprintendants ego was hurt, thats it.

Is there any such law in India that another nation's flag may not be hoisted?

Or more plausibly it was a harmless flag but the administration with special set of goggles from BJP was too suspicious.

As regards the flag hoisting in other places, it barely takes a man to hoist a flag be it Pakistani or not, who obviously(none of them are popular leaders) does not represent the entire population living there.

Is there a Pakistani community in Gujarat?

Or are the Muslims being chalked off as Pakistanis?

Section 153A of Indian Penal Code does not apply to FLAGs, which are non-religious. Funny thing is they allowed the flag bearers where they were raising the religious flag (without the white-strip). Let's be frank here. The Indian Hindu suprintendants ego was hurt, thats it.

Is there any such law in India that another nation's flag may not be hoisted?

No my friend, according to gujarati newspaper,white strip was there but only on the one side. so if you look it from the some side then it was religious flag but if you see from the other side it looks like the pakistani flag.
no there is not any law that you can not hoist other nation's flag but there are some rules.
go through my previous posts in this thread.

Last edited:
I am from Gujarat and I would like to discuss one similar incident happened in the past.If anyone from Gujarat is here then I think he remember this incident.

One person saw a jeep travelling with Pakistani flag on it on Sardar Patel Ring Road,Ahmedabad. He informed the police about it and gave the detail of the number plate and police lodge the FIR against unknown person. this incident was printed in the local news paper the next day. The owner of the vehicle read the news and went to the local police station with the flag. he explained that he went to some 'dargah' to offer prayer. the flag was without the white strip. so,police drop the case immidiately.it was misunderstanding.

I am from Gujarat and I would like to discuss one similar incident happened in the past.If anyone from Gujarat is here then I think he remember this incident.

One person saw a jeep travelling with Pakistani flag on it on Sardar Patel Ring Road,Ahmedabad. He informed the police about it and gave the detail of the number plate and police lodge the FIR against unknown person. this incident was printed in the local news paper the next day. The owner of the vehicle read the news and went to the local police station with the flag. he explained that he went to some 'dargah' to offer prayer. the flag was without the white strip. so,police drop the case immidiately.it was misunderstanding.

In clear words hoisting, carrying Pakistani flag in India is an offense.

Back
Top Bottom